The Coaching Search Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
How would you feel about a UF coach who was 2-11 against FSU or UGA and had won exactly one conference championship with no playoff or national title appearances in 13 years?
To be fair, he went up against arguably the second best coach of the last 20 something years. Stoops won 10 out of 16 conference titles before retiring. That's insanity. Only Texas and Baylor won more than one conference title during that span. Up until what 3 years ago we still had the bcs. So there were quite a few really good osu teams that didn't make it because of that garbage system. They finished 3rd in 2011 and I think that team could have beaten anyone

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You make lots of good points but had I known about the mullet/spirit animal thing I wouldn't have made any negative comments about Gundy!!!
You dont see the positve aspects of all of us growing mullets to support Coach G??????

Think of how happy Shane Matthews will be!

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Just a random thought....Scott Frost really endears himself to recruits, players, and fans by leveraging his relationships within Nike which were established years ago when he was the OC @ Oregon. Oregon was the first school to really embrace letting Nike's design team develop unique uniform combination that help draw attention to the rising Oregon program and provide his players with pretty cool NCAA sanctioned SWAG. He has continued that @ UCF with some "really cool" (my son's words, not mine...though I do like them) gear and creative partnerships with NASA, the US ARMED FORCES.

The reason I bring this up is because I could see this rubbing some "traditionalists" the wrong way if he brought some of this creativity to Gainesville. I don't see us being as traditional as USC, Alabama or Penn State from a uniform perspective, nor do I think we need to go as crazy as Oregon did or Maryland does at times, as our brand is far...far more established. I do know that some of the "special" uniform we have tried have not been received well and in my opinion have been dreadful @ times.

When he came to UCF, he was specifically asked during his introductory interview with the media about his ability to bring some uniform creativity with him and would he consider doing so and why? He said, and I paraphrase, I want to do whatever elevates the profile of UCF in the minds of recruits, our fans, and the national football audience. Now, he might not need to do that @ Florida, but if he did "tweak" the old Orange and Blue unis from time to time.....I wonder what some of our more traditional fans would think? To me, just win and I don't give a crap what you wear while you are doing it.

Um, did you see the Texas A&M game and those hideous uniforms we wore? I'm sure if Frost wants us to wear a goofy uniform it'll happen...

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
10 of 16 Conference Championships? Hmm ... how many Natty did that result in?
One. And played for a handful and contended for a ton. My god is that not good enough for you? That's what gives us a bad name.

I'd gladly take 10 confeeence titles over the next 16 years in the sec. and 1 national title and a bunch of shots at one.

NetEngGator

Nov 5, 2017
Point is ... Stoops is a big fish in a little pond. Big Game Bob is Big Game Bob for a reason. If you can't beat Bob in the Big12 then I really dont see a point in entertaining the idea of him.

NetEngGator

Nov 5, 2017
giphy.gif

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Lol. You literally had one of the dumbest arguments in GCMB history and that's saying something since captain has posted over 12,000 times

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.