The Coaching Search Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

biggator6

Oct 2, 2014
Some on this board will not understand
this but some will. Our program here has had two powerful witnesses in the past, Danny Wueffel and Tim Tebow. Both were great athletes but greater witnesses. We had a lot of success because of these two, no doubt. We have also had William Muschamp and Jim McElwain. Muschamp has the worse temper one can have. McElwain never mentioned God once that I recall. It is quite obvious which way our program was going with these two factors. We now have a very committed believer in Scott Stricklin. He is looking for the best person to fill our empty HCing position.
If you will google ‘Scott Frost FCA’ you will see this individual has everything our AD is looking for. Google it and watch the videos and read the articles. Some will get excited and some won’t. I am very excited and hopeful we get him.
I think Scott Stricklin is one who can get him to leave UCF. He really loves it there. We’ll see.

Aaah yes, this is clearly what we've been missing. Not 'good coaching'.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
@pat_dooley: He actually told me Saturday he feels bad for all of the writers during a coaching search because of all the speculation out there that we have to check out.

Pat talks about the people investigating leads in third person. you know it sure as hell isn't him.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The little bit I’ve seen Stricklin talk, makes me believe he’s screwing with the media. The search and possibly negotiations are stressful and fccking with everyone is a release. He just seems like a guy who isn’t as arrogant as Foley, but very confident.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
The little bit I’ve seen Stricklin talk, makes me believe he’s screwing with the media. The search and possibly negotiations are stressful and fccking with everyone is a release. He just seems like a guy who isn’t as arrogant as Foley, but very confident.

Are those tweets actually Stricklin's? Does he manage his own twitter, or is it done by an intern/staff member? It's actually comical that he (or whoever) has released some of those tweets.

I'm still in the Frost camp - I just like his youth, his style, his drive, etc. Just seems like a winner and destined for big things (at UF or Nebraska or wherever he ends up). I won't be too upset w/ Kelly, I just have reservations.

Some good stuff in these threads!!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Does he manage his own twitter, or is it done by an intern/staff member? It's actually comical that he (or whoever) has released some of those tweets.
It's the official account. he may or may not even know it exists. I doubt he's ever known the password to it or has ever really tweeted anything himself. That's not the way these kind of professionals work. They have staff for that.

Last edited:

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
So, if the SEC is clear on a school hiring Chip, and UF has been holding solid on Frost...perhaps TN ponies up enough to get Chip this go'round?

If Chip is just smoking mirrors, and Stricklin's twitter is fanning those flames, then I fully expect him to let slip he's talked to Gruden and gotten positive feedback, that Kiffin actually called UF to ask about the opening, Les called about playing in the easier East and getting annual revenge on LSU, and that we asked Ogeron about taking his OC since they finally beat us.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
It’ll be funny if he ends up hiring a big time coach. If he ends up hiring a bum......yikes.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The Norvell talk is quiet. I hope it’s not a sign to come. To me you have Kelly and Frost this cycle. Norvell is an upgrade to Butters I’m sure, but he’s a distant 3rd. At that point just hire Mullen so we can have the pleasure of firing him in a few.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Top 10 highest-paid coaches

Rank Coach Total pay

1. Nick Saban, Alabama $11,132,000

2. Dabo Swinney, Clemson $8,526,800

3. Jim Harbaugh, Michigan $7,004,000

4. Urban Meyer, Ohio State $6,431,240

5. Rich Rodriguez, Arizona $6,031,563

6. Jimbo Fisher, Florida State $5,700,000

7. David Shaw, Stanford $5,680,441

8. Tom Herman, Texas $5,486,316

9. Gary Patterson, TCU $5,104,077

10. Kevin Sumlin, Texas A&M $5,000,000

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Tom Herman went from Houston....after just 2 years....to Texas and is making $5.4 million.

I figured we could get Frost for the $4.5-5 million range. That may not be the case.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Tom Herman went from Houston....after just 2 years....to Texas and is making $5.4 million.

I figured we could get Frost for the $4.5-5 million range. That may not be the case.
Looks like that’s total pay, not base pay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member