Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
What's funny about that is I've been posting with you for years and always assumed the next year would be your first in puberty.
Dude, he shaves his legs and chest. He isn't naturally smooth.

Slev: I agree re: irony but I think SQ makes SAS shave his legs and back just so he isn't shedding in her bed.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Apologies if these articles have already been posted.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/f...ached-three-candidates-fill-coaching-vacancy/

Report: Florida has approached three candidates to fill coaching vacancy
PAUL HARVEY | 2 DAYS AGO

It appears Florida has three candidates for the Gators open heading coaching position.

A number of rumors have floated around since Jim McElwain’s departure from the program, but everything to this point has been speculation. Mississippi State’s Dan Mullen, UCF’s Scott Frost, and Oregon’s Willie Taggart were some of the first names mentioned.

Each of those coaches were purely speculation, but a recent report directly links the Gators to three candidates. It was also reported that these three names are the top choices for Florida in the search.

Marc Ryan shared the names on Twitter Thursday:
Marc Ryan

@MarcRyanOnAir

From a very reliable source. UF has reached out to representatives of Bob Stoops, Chip Kelly, and Charlie Strong to gauge interest in becoming the #Gators next head coach. These are believed to be UF's top choices.

1:31 PM - Nov 9, 2017

Bob Stoops has the most successful track record of the three coaches mentioned. He compiled a record of 190-48 with 10 conference championships and a National Championship during his time with Oklahoma.

Stoops took over as head coach for the Sooners in 1999 after serving as Florida’s defensive coordinator from 1996-98 under Steve Spurrier. It will be interesting to see if Stoops may return to coaching after stepping down at Oklahoma in June of this year.

In terms of turning around Florida’s woeful offense, Chip Kelly would be an interesting choice. Kelly is best known for his electric offense during his time with the Oregon Ducks. He led the Ducks to 46 wins, three Pac-10/Pac-12 championships, and a trip to the BCS National Championship Game in four season.

Charlie Strong, much like Stoops, has ties with Florida as defensive coordinator. Strong coached with the Gators from 2003-2009 in a number of different roles. He served as Urban Meyer’s DC from 2008-09 before beginning his head coaching career with Louisville.

Strong has since returned to the state of Florida with USF after stints at Louisville and Texas. He has the Bulls off to an 8-1 start this season.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/f...fascinating-rumor-florida-coaching-transition

Steve Spurrier responds to fascinating rumor about Florida coaching transition
KEITH FARNER | 1 DAY AGO

Steve Spurrier has been squarely in the middle of the Florida coaching situation for weeks, especially after it came out that he asked former coach Jim McElwain if he could help with the offense and was rebuffed.

The former coach, Gators quarterback and current Florida ambassador addressed a rumor when he appeared as a guest on the Buddy Martin Radio Show, and here is a replay of the Facebook Live version of the show. Spurrier responded to several topics, most notably how he sees the search for a new coach going led by Athletics Director Scott Stricklin.

Spurrier added about McElwain, that after the Georgia game and the comments the coach made about receiving death threats, that “maybe it was time for a change” even though his players played with energy and fire and passion, “just about all the time.”

Spurrier said Stricklin would have a excellent coach hired in three to four weeks.

“The coach is with his team now,” Spurrier said. “The coach we’re going to hire is probably I would almost 100 percent say is coaching his team today, this weekend and through the end of the season and maybe through the bowl game.”

Spurrier also did his part to squash a rumor connecting him with former Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops, a one-time coordinator under Spurrier at Florida, about the now open head coaching position. Spurrier reiterated what Stoops has said, that he enjoys the retired life.
Now for sure this is all BS here except Kelly. Stoops is done and no way in Hell do we hire a defensive coach after Stricklin' comments and how this team needs to retool. Offensive offensive offensive

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I will say, I'm not entirely comfortable with any of you on my lawn.
True story: about 15 neighborhood kids (not one of them mine) decided to use my backyard for hide and seek yesterday. For hours I had to remind myself that I’m only 29 and had to resist every urge in my body to not scream get off my lawn.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
True story: about 15 neighborhood kids (not one of them mine) decided to use my backyard for hide and seek yesterday. For hours I had to remind myself that I’m only 29 and had to resist every urge in my body to not scream get off my lawn.
Oh I got one better than that. I live on a cut-de-sac and over the summer the neighborhood kids decided to play kick ball in the cup-de-sac, using my lawn as center to right field. I work hard on my lawn, its the best in the neighborhood, so I thought it was very disrespectful to be running and sliding all over my lawn. Before I went to tell them to get the hell off my lawn I realized there were neighborhood parents playing with them.

WHAT IN THE LITERAL HELL?!!?

In what world is that considered a normal thing for adults to do?

MrMyjestic

Oct 6, 2017
I have a couple. Shane Matthews. Kerwin Bell.
I think we should hire a former Gator football player. Like the HBC

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Yeah, sometimes a neighborhood kid will want to use my back yard to hide. I'm typically fine...buuuut there are my roses.

clip.small.gif

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Let's see. In 79, I was stationed at Wurtsmith AFB, MI. Had been an aircraft commander for 18 months. Had my 18 year old gunner ask me who was singing "Turn, Turn, Turn." You guys need the perspective of having two engines on fire at 35000 feet. Boy do I miss those days. BTW-my 7th and 8th grandchildren (twins) are almost a month old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator