Status
Not open for further replies.

gatorfan81

Founding Member
Done
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Florida has the athletes to be successful if they are coached up right. Frost did not perform a miracle he coached his team and taught them what to do.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I've been avoiding these coaching search threads....they are basically one long pissing contest.

BUT....

At this point, if we don't get Frost, my #1 choice is Kerwin Bell. Let's go steal him from Valdosta State.

Why? Because at least he gives a sh*t about UF football. That's why!

I don't think any of these candidates we're looking at: Mullen, Taggert, Strong, Leach, Norvell, Meyer, Saban, Kiffin, Bear Bryant, et all.... give 2-sh*ts about UF football.

And I will tell you this: Kerwin Bell will do a better job w/ our beloved program than ANY of those candidates.

Scott Frost and Norvell would be the only two candidates that would actually care about the results (neither has ever made "big" money in coaching and have never accomplished anything outside of a mid-major).

gatorfan81

Founding Member
Done
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I think whoever we talk to their team has had to have scored at least 50 points in a few games this season.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We're running out of time if we expect to haul in the supplies needed to reverse this free fall...

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015
At this point, if we don't get Frost, my #1 choice is Kerwin Bell. Let's go steal him from Valdosta State.

The result could not be any worse than our last two coaches.

Regardless of whom we get to be our next coach, we have to face the fact that we may be searching for another coach in three years. Let's at least build our Taj Mahal $100 Million football complex so we have more ammunition for our next coaching search.

GatorShea

Feb 10, 2016
I agree. If you have to settle with this next hire, you should be breaking ground on the fix and have it in place in a 3 year time. If not, just fold up the tent because the fans will begin to stop caring about Saturdays at the Swamp.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I agree. If you have to settle with this next hire, you should be breaking ground on the fix and have it in place in a 3 year time. If not, just fold up the tent because the fans will begin to stop caring about Saturdays at the Swamp.

Perhaps your fans, around here we have actual graduates of The University of Florida, they might not watch bad football but they will continue to care. And part of that fix has to wait while the ground is cleared, and that has to wait until the new stadium is built. It could be done somewhat faster, but we don't have nanobot assembly.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Since speculation is now the truth let me add to the "truth". When they interviewed CK he told them look, my good friend Scott Frost is probably the best up and coming coach out there and the Florida job would be a great fit for him. He is younger and hungrier and would do a great job for you. Personally, I would rather go out west and be on cruise control instead of being in the pressure cooking SEC. You guys need to hire Frost, I am headed out west......I really am a west coast kinda guy...

GatorShea

Feb 10, 2016
Perhaps your fans, around here we have actual graduates of The University of Florida, they might not watch bad football but they will continue to care. And part of that fix has to wait while the ground is cleared, and that has to wait until the new stadium is built. It could be done somewhat faster, but we don't have nanobot assembly.

If you don't attend the games or at least watch them on tv then you don't truly care. The graduates are not the only ones that matter. I would say a large percentage of the fanbase never went to school there and some have never even stepped foot on campus. They do go out and buy their merchandise. My older brother is in Gainesville today and was able to easily cop a couple of tickets to today's game. If that is not telling then I don't know what is. I saw lots of empty seats around the stadium. A few more years of train wreck seasons and a lack of a tangible commitment from the UAA towards the football program and we will be hiring a high school coach.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Ox, I know your source is not infallible, but is he giving you any info as to where we'r looking next? Any list of priority?
Actually yes, but I don't think anyone wants to hear it anymore. It's not shocking news: Frost is the next target, but they expect a battle with Nebraska.

Florida is going to give it a shot. All you can do is pray at this point.

Swamprat1964

Nov 1, 2017
Actually yes, but I don't think anyone wants to hear it anymore. It's not shocking news: Frost is the next target, but they expect a battle with Nebraska.

Florida is going to give it a shot. All you can do is pray at this point.

I , and I think many others ,appreciate the info ox. Situations like this are always fluid and subject to change.

GatorShea

Feb 10, 2016
I am inclined to think that if Frost to Nebraska was a foregone conclusion, he would have notified SS that he has no interest.

I tend to think that if he made it that easy for Nebraska then they could go cheap on him. Maybe he does want the job but wants top dollar to go with it. I hope he comes to UF. Not going to waste another week sweating every day over it like we did with Chip and Dip. We all know that the best situation for him to win in the short and over the long haul would be here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.