Status
Not open for further replies.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I can see Stricklin and Fuchs driving down to Orlando and Frost answering the door....my baby is sleeping, what's your problem.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Seriously, WTF difference does it make who we hire any more? What we so desperately needed was a program changer. Someone so different and transformative that he would flush out all the sludge and garbage that has choked the life out of Florida football over the last 8 years. In my opinion only two guys fit that bill, Frost and Kelly. At least they were the only two that were realistically available. We are not getting either of those guys so who gives a sh!t who we get? We are going to remain a mediocre to bad program for the foreseeable future. We sure as hell are not going to be contending for championships.

Like it or not, love of UF or not, Florida currently is giving off the stench of a loser and premier coaching candidates sure don't want that rubbing off on them. I don't think Kelly ever really even considered Florida. I think he met with our "Gang of Four" out of courtesy as much as serious interest. Sure he may have been slightly intrigued so he gave us a meeting but it sure didn't pique his interest enough to keep him from jumping at UCLA the minute they came calling. And I just don't see Frost coming to UF. Nebraska maybe, but not UF. If he's going to start over rebuilding a program again like he did two years ago, I think he'd prefer doing it at Nebraska than more so than Florida.

So again, who cares what 3rd, 4th 5th or 6th choice we hire? Our football program is so screwed up and it's going to take so many things to get it right that I don't see any of the realistically available coaches fitting the bill. Hell, Chris Doering was almost in tears on TV talking about how far we've fallen and how bad we've gotten.

I've had season tickets for decades. No matter the circumstances I've always looked forward with excitement to the start of a new season. That's turned to total indifference with a hint of dread. And perhaps after sitting in the stands watching yet another sh!tshow of a UF/FSU football(?) game I may be feeling overly negative, but the last 8 years have conditioned me to not believe a damn positive thing I hear about Florida football because each time it turns out to be total bull$h!t.

Last edited:

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
**** it. if we blow it with frost let's ride the crazy lane train.

it's him, taggart, or strong unless scotty starkville really falls down and gives it to shannon.

i've been bored and depressed. now we can be entertained and horrified to no end by lane.

certainly wouldn't be boring and he's as toxic as this program is at this point....

:trainwreck:

TheAlumni

Oct 29, 2017
Speaking of Taggert putting 69 on Oregon State, they only won one game this year and that was a 3 point barn-burner against intergalactic juggernaut Portland State. Most of the rest of their games were ass whippings. Not even the bottom barrel teams in the SEC have a record of 1-11.

Regardless of who the new coach is, would you settle for a 7-5 season with a top-5 recruiting class after the 1st year of the new coach, considering we are 4-7 this year ??

Last year Oregon went 4-8, fired their coach and hired Willie Taggert, this year they finished 7-5 and have a top-5 recruiting class committed so far.......

EADracing

Nov 13, 2017
**** it. if we blow it with frost let's ride the crazy lane train.

it's him, taggart, or strong unless scotty starkville really falls down and gives it to shannon.

i've been bored and depressed. now we can be entertained and horrified to no end by lane.

certainly wouldn't be boring and he's as toxic as this program is at this point....

:trainwreck:
**** it!! So it's decided! Who's got Lame Kiffins number and who's conducting the interview....or should we just forgo the interview process all together and just hand him the keys?

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
giphy.gif

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
He's kind of the board favorite right now. Dooley claims he won't get a look though
I'm not one much to give Dooley a whole lot of credit....at all. But he really only state what he knows and will never go out on a ledge. I saw what he stated about Norvell. At this point, he's probably off the list. He did say he was told a surprise pick. Well, hell anything at this point is a surprise pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator