The Coaching Search Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
It's my opinion. If he can recruit and bring championships I'm all for it

So if he can't keep us off probation, keep the players out of trouble and making academic progress, does not keep himself out of trouble either, makes up stupid death threats, that would be fine. Not with me, UF is way more than a football team to me.

JCTow

Nov 16, 2017
So who are the legitimate options at this point? And how long is it going to take to get something done?

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
So who are the legitimate options at this point? And how long is it going to take to get something done?

I don't know the options, I do think that there are many that are not.

It will take as long as it takes, you can't just buy whatever coach you want they are not slaves. And I insist that at some level more money means nothing.

I suspect we might have to leave our interim in for another year or even two, there are way too many openings for the talent available. Get the facilities up to date, after all many insist that they are the issue. Get the player issues cleaned up, including the idiotic 9, and other maturity issues. Improve the staff as well.

See if that works and if not then perhaps we can be in line for a better coach in a year. NFL coaches are an option but you would have to wait too long.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I know I’m just ready for this mess to be over. The anticipation is killing me

Well, you should already know that since Kelly turned us down, we suck and nobody wants to coach here. Our brass are all losers and our next hire will be from a high school team in New Mexico.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I wouldn't have any issue if Spurrier wanted to pull a Bill Snyder and come in and settle the ship for a while. That way UF could go after a good coach, clean up issues, and build facilities in the interim. My interim would not include Shannon.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well, you should already know that since Kelly turned us down, we suck and nobody wants to coach here. Our brass are all losers and our next hire will be from a high school team in New Mexico.
Hey, his teams have come in second the last 2 yrs in the 7 on 7 league

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014

:bwahaha:

I have to admit that I am cracking up as I read this.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I wouldn't have any issue if Spurrier wanted to pull a Bill Snyder and come in and settle the ship for a while. That way UF could go after a good coach, clean up issues, and build facilities in the interim. My interim would not include Shannon.

Yeah Shannon had the opportunity to show the world he could actually change something while being in his position and nothing changed.

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
When I look at the list of who IS NOT being considered via most media sources it looks like a whose who of innovative offensive minds [i.e. Norvell, Morris, Fuente, Campbell, etc]. When I look at the list of those being "targeted" by Strickland and his keystone cops I see retreads running yesterday's offense. Then there is the who just got fired list that seems to be making the rounds of possibilities like Sumlin & company. Strickland BETTER get this right or his tenure here won't be a happy one coupled with partially empty stands.

SCColaGator

Dec 31, 2016
It’s funny how at UF the standard for all sports not called football is be #1. But football, it’s well at least we tried hard . We keep and use built in excuses, facilities and micromanaging, to accept our failures.

Anyone in the business world with that attitude is on the way out the door immediately.

If you ain’t first your last and apparently the UAA likes cruising in the middle of the pack

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If he strikes out on this hire, he wont like what comes next. Nobody will cut him any slack and rightfully so.
This is true. Fooley got to fvkk up several hires bc of the SOS years and the widely held misbelief he contributed (in a positive manner). Stricklin has no goodwill.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
When I look at the list of who IS NOT being considered via most media sources it looks like a whose who of innovative offensive minds [i.e. Norvell, Morris, Fuente, Campbell, etc]. When I look at the list of those being "targeted" by Strickland and his keystone cops I see retreads running yesterday's offense. Then there is the who just got fired list that seems to be making the rounds of possibilities like Sumlin & company. Strickland BETTER get this right or his tenure here won't be a happy one coupled with partially empty stands.
Let's be honest though, after Frost (and assuming Norvell has been excluded as some are reporting) is there less of a disaster than Sumlin? I don't think so. I think Sumlin would do better here than Strong or Taggart. I'd take him before I'd pay a buy out on Campbell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator