The Coaching Search Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

malo

Founding Member
Daily observer
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Legitimate question. And before you fly off the handle, think about it. Did we fire Mac too soon? Did we show our hand too early. And had we been in better play for coaches jumping in later?

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
Actually yes, but I don't think anyone wants to hear it anymore. It's not shocking news: Frost is the next target, but they expect a battle with Nebraska.

Florida is going to give it a shot. All you can do is pray at this point.
:fear:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure what I think of him but he can definitely recruit.
I want a HC...not a recruiter. We’ve had a recruiter (Zook), a DC (Mushchamp) and a snake oil salesman from Montana (Mac). None of them were worth a f*ck.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Legitimate question. And before you fly off the handle, think about it. Did we fire Mac too soon? Did we show our hand too early. And had we been in better play for coaches jumping in later?
We waited a year too long to fire that SOB.

MotownGator

Legacy member
BANNED
Jul 19, 2014

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
A wise man always listens to offers...regardless of his intent to take another or not.

A foolish man wastes his time and effort listening to offers from organizations they are not serious in joining. Now sometimes you need to visit to actually determine that and then you surely listen. If you have already decided why bother???

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I want a HC...not a recruiter. We’ve had a recruiter (Zook), a DC (Mushchamp) and a snake oil salesman from Montana (Mac). None of them were worth a f*ck.

Zook and Champ were alike in that they tried to coach and put their stamp on a particular point of the team rather than be a CEO. Zook was a terrible Defensive coach but kept trying to make this his defense. Champ held every OC back and run, run, run - punt, play defense.

Give us a CEO who can recruit and hire good people. Taggert seems to do that. Levitt as the DC and his O-Line coach are very good.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Unless we get Frost or Norvell and one of them turns out to be lightning in a bottle, we will end up with Taggert or Strong and be looking at a decade of 7 or 8 wins a season.

Jaguar45

Nov 16, 2017
Are you guys serious? I’m literally talking to every single one of you talking like you know. You have no idea what is right for Florida. The facts that you do know, MAC was bad. If we hired any of the said coaches: Frost, Norvell, Taggart, Strong, Gundy, Leach, etc then we’d be in much better shape than what we had. But I digress. It doesn’t matter what I say, you’ll still squabble over who’s not right, or who’s the worst for us to hire.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I think I saw that Frost is going to talk to us. And no thread about Bama apparently going to lose???

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Hopefully Taggert brings his strength & conditioning coach with him. We need to get tougher.
Mr 45-50 will bring his loser azz ways.

Wed be fvkktarded for even considering trying to help Oregon get out of their mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.