The Current State of Gator Sports

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Mark down Oct. 5th after our record falls to 2-3 or 1-4, and the humiliation of UCF fans storming the field in front of a stunned sellout crowd.... I'm pretty sure he'll know it's a
I think we go into the georgia game 5-2. Not confident we win a game after that but 5-2 seems reasonable. Of scUM, UCF, A&M, Miss St, Tenn, Kentucky, who will we not beat? If he cannot win all but two, we are going to have a worse record than past two seasons and that would seem to prove he's a mess and doesn't have what it takes.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
We celebrate every new garbage hire and attack anyone who notices the next hire is cut from the same cloth as the last morons.
If our next hire was Nick Saban, you would STILL bitch about it. I know it, you know it.

You aren't happy unless you're unhappy. You hated Urban Meyer with a passion and trashed him relentlessly, even when we were hoisting trophies every ten minutes.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
SEC Women's Gymnastics tournament tonight at 8 EDT on SECN...
Roll Go GIF by Carter Chevrolet

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
If our next hire was Nick Saban, you would STILL bitch about it. I know it, you know it.

You aren't happy unless you're unhappy. You hated Urban Meyer with a passion and trashed him relentlessly, even when we were hoisting trophies every ten minutes.

You’re right about the past, but not so sure it would apply anymore. I think the “win with the offensive style we like” mindset, which plagued guys like Law and even many of our former players who made their voices heard, has subsided at this point. A lot of people hated the Meyer approach under Mullen and Daz, but I don’t think anyone at the time had any clue how bad it could get and would gladly take those days back. For all the spoiled talk, that was probably the era we were the most guilty. Fever had a whole breakdown of how much worse our 2009 offense was than our 2008 teams in SEC play. That was what we had to complain about back then. And complain we did. :lol:

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Mark down Oct. 5th after our record falls to 2-3 or 1-4, and the humiliation of UCF fans storming the field in front of a stunned sellout crowd.... I'm pretty sure he'll know it's a
trainwreck GIF

The part about a sellout crowd aligns with my point that the administration doesn’t care about what we care about.
If we sellout every home game, Scottie and the like will still think everything is fine.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Ha. In-laws took one for the team with KFP4 while I was in CO a few weeks back. I’m good there. :lol:
So Daughter and Coffee Farmer potential SIL so called boyfriend drove from Boca back to Gainesville last Saturday afternoon afternoon, rolled into Gainesville around 6:30 or 7, and went straight to Celebration Pointe to see KFP4 witthout going to apartmens first... kids today are weird.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

No, I hated his garbage OC's with their painstaking offenses, the later fixation on 5'6" fast but weak midgets at all the skill positions, and the decision to take 2 garbage 2* OL for the last two recruiting classes.

Last edited:

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
People forget.

We have been paying more than Alabama paid Saban since we fired Chimp, and have had two garbage coaches on the payroll the entire time. I think at one point we had three coaches getting paid.
Being stupid is expensive and we are the dumbest mofos in the SEC.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
How many of those 8 championships you mentioned were won by Mouse Holloway and the track team?
6? 5 maybe?

I miscounted. We’ve actually won 9 national championships in men’s sports in the last 10 years, 6 by men’s track. The others are golf, baseball & tennis.

We field 8 men’s sports and have won NCs in 4 of them in the last 10 years, including our only baseball NC. Only men’s cross country has never won a NC. I was a little surprised to see swimming hasn’t won since 1984. Nesty has that program dominating the SEC.

Btw, women’s sports have won 7 NC in 4 sports in the last 10 years. We field 11 women’s sports.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I hate that argument though. Apple is a great company and has transitioned perfectly at an executive level. But that same company, had they hired a series of clowns, wouldn’t be what it is today. Not because the fundamentals of the product have changed, but strictly because of the leadership that has been selected. I do think the state of Florida has taken a step back in terms of its “material” and is being passed by the state just north of us due to HS coaching and development, but there’s still zero excuse for not being a seriously competitive program annually given the resources. It’s why teams like Tennessee talk about “rebuilding” taking years to accomplish, while FL teams, all three, are never more than a year or two away from being relevant if they land the right coach. It’s leadership and nothing more. If we keep hiring on-the-job-trainees, bozos and morons, we will keep having issues. But it has nothing to do with what UF has traditionally been or some type of built-in disability.
Thinking about it, only Texas has had the same problem (flagship in a talent-rich state that others raid the top talent) for most of their history. The right hire is key.

Side note: Even Apple went sideways after they dumped Jobs, but they righted themselves when he came back and have been solid since he died.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I miscounted. We’ve actually won 9 national championships in men’s sports in the last 10 years, 6 by men’s track. The others are golf, baseball & tennis.

We field 8 men’s sports and have won NCs in 4 of them in the last 10 years, including our only baseball NC. Only men’s cross country has never won a NC. I was a little surprised to see swimming hasn’t won since 1984. Nesty has that program dominating the SEC.

Btw, women’s sports have won 7 NC in 4 sports in the last 10 years. We field 11 women’s sports.

No one GAF dude. No one. Even you dont. You don't go sit in the stands with 20 other people for those sports no one gives a **** about. You dont know the names of the players. all the players combined don't have the name and face recognition of Lagway, who hasn't played a game yet.

Not a damn one of those sports produces a penny.

No one cares about "all sports trophy" either. No one knows that Stanford wins it most years. There are no headlines on ESPN or any of the news each year. No parades. No standing in the Atlanta Dome or Rose Bowl getting a trophy while confetti flies.

By the way we never have won the all sports trophy ANYWAY.

Once football is finally dead dead dead and the stadium perennially 1/3 full, all those tick sports that have survived all football money will die also regardless.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
      Members
      Latest member
      TheFoodGator