The difference with this year compared to last

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
I hope you aren't a parent, otherwise I might fear for your kids' safety. Your level of intolerance is insanely high. This is a kid, a 19-year-old kid who went into a GNC store and made a dumb but honest mistake. It wasn't some premeditated plot aimed at undermining the system or "screwing" his teammates.

There have been countless examples of UF football players making bonehead mistakes, several of Grier's teammates included among them. He happens to be the quarterback, a good one at that, and the infraction unfortunately falls under the NCAA's umbrella of cheating, but don't try and spin this like the kid was intentionally cheating and so he needs to be erased from roster. I'm absolutely convinced he wasn't.
that is his story

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Damn, I'm tired of reading about Grier. He is a non-issue for the next ten months. Sooo much can and probably will happen between now and then. Are we really going to have to read about the details and opinions of legal/non-legal PED's, how the NCAA views it, how Treon smoking dope and allegedly assaulting women is better/worse for the next TEN MONTHS!?

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Damn, I'm tired of reading about Grier. He is a non-issue for the next ten months. Sooo much can and probably will happen between now and then. Are we really going to have to read about the details and opinions of legal/non-legal PED's, how the NCAA views it, how Treon smoking dope and allegedly assaulting women is better/worse for the next TEN MONTHS!?

It will be written about, chatted about, and talked about. You don't have to read it though.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Sadly, yes. We've got two games over that period and they will (likely) do nothing to add clarity to the quarterback issue. Will Grier is a special talent.

ItsDookie87

...it's best to let him finish
BANNED
Sep 8, 2014
As I've said before, with Grier you could see how this offense is supposed to work and how it can be successful. It didn't always work and Grier had his fair share of struggles but the scheme is solid. He kept defenses honest because he could find and hit the open WRs when he needed to. It's the complete opposite with Harris and even in the rare case that he can find the open guy, he has a hard time making the throw. The offense last year was just plain bad all around and so were the players. Grier screwed up and he's paying the price but I'll be excited when he gets back. It's hard to stop talking about Grier because the QB is what makes this offense, any offense really, work.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
http://www.drugfreesport.com/drug-resources/faq.asp

I think it is pretty obvious why you aren't allowed to take supplements. There is the possibility of PEDs. It's all there. Don't take it. Everyone knows. Grier is being punished but he also screwed the team over for 2 separate seasons. Sorry but that is inexcusable. Just move on and recruit someone else. He basically put the program on hold for two f ing years. How many other kids are this stupid? I keep asking but you guys aren't saying...is it because there aren't any others?

1. T Rex, if you want(ed) a player who has been caught using a banned substance and suspended for a year, you should have asked that. You trying to act like that was your original question is stupid. Just admit it. Everyone else sees it. Admitting that won't undermine your argument which is...

Grier is being punished but he also screwed the team over for 2 separate seasons. Sorry but that is inexcusable. Just move on and recruit someone else. He basically put the program on hold for two f ing years.

2. This is the good stuff and is what '78 has twice now referred to. You are clearly angry that Grier "put the program back 2 years" by missing a 12 month period that spans two seasons. You're disappointed / frustrated / hurt that we [you as a fan] needed him and he let us [you] down. You turn this into anger and, in the end, want Grier punished for not meeting your 'needs' as a fan. That's why '78 said as much in his first post and insinuated it in his prior post when he said he hopes that you don't have children.

Now, we all know how you and your sidekick t-gator feel about this. I suggest that you not continue to try to hold this indefensible position and retreat until a topic arises where you'll be less ...um ...totally dead wrong. Will Grier is a Gator and the best QB we've got, by far. When he can, he will compete for the job just like any other player. He will have paid his dues, or as many of us feel, far more than is fair, and will be warmly accepted by his team mates who know he gives them a better chance of winning.

For your further education on the matter.
Anger is often called a secondary emotion because we tend to resort to anger in order to protect ourselves from or cover up other vulnerable feelings. A primary feeling is what is what is felt immediately before we feel anger. We almost always feel something else first before we get angry.

We might first feel afraid, attacked, offended, disrespected, forced, trapped, or pressured. If any of these feelings are intense enough, we think of the emotion as anger.

As the drawing below illustrates, anger is like an iceberg in that only some of the emotions are visible. The other emotions exist "below the water line" where they are not immediately obvious to outside observers.

iceberg.gif

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I hope you aren't a parent, otherwise I might fear for your kids' safety. Your level of intolerance is insanely high. This is a kid, a 19-year-old kid who went into a GNC store and made a dumb but honest mistake. It wasn't some premeditated plot aimed at undermining the system or "screwing" his teammates.

There have been countless examples of UF football players making bonehead mistakes, several of Grier's teammates included among them. He happens to be the quarterback, a good one at that, and the infraction unfortunately falls under the NCAA's umbrella of cheating, but don't try and spin this like the kid was intentionally cheating and so he needs to be erased from roster. I'm absolutely convinced he wasn't.

He screwed his teammates whether you think he did or not. He did. No matter how many times you say otherwise...he did. Sorry.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
1. T Rex, if you want(ed) a player who has been caught using a banned substance and suspended for a year, you should have asked that. You trying to act like that was your original question is stupid. Just admit it. Everyone else sees it. Admitting that won't undermine your argument which is...

2. This is the good stuff and is what '78 has twice now referred to. You are clearly angry that Grier "put the program back 2 years" by missing a 12 month period that spans two seasons. You're disappointed / frustrated / hurt that we [you as a fan] needed him and he let us [you] down. You turn this into anger and, in the end, want Grier punished for not meeting your 'needs' as a fan. That's why '78 said as much in his first post and insinuated it in his prior post when he said he hopes that you don't have children.

Now, we all know how you and your sidekick t-gator feel about this. I suggest that you not continue to try to hold this indefensible position and retreat until a topic arises where you'll be less ...um ...totally dead wrong. Will Grier is a Gator and the best QB we've got, by far. When he can, he will compete for the job just like any other player. He will have paid his dues, or as many of us feel, far more than is fair, and will be warmly accepted by his team mates who know he gives them a better chance of winning.

For your further education on the matter.

BUWHAHAHAHAHA...he probably won't ever play here again. Who cares?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator