Aug 23, 2017
School Of Rock Oops GIF by Nickelodeon

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like a sow, bonus points for that.
Amen. That’s two that have been killed right around the house. The first one was an old boar that looked like a Hampshire. He got to coming in the yard and turned over the garbage dumpster. Jr sat up inside one night and shot him through the kitchen window about 1 am. Drug him off the next morning. Where he lay for the night, the grass was killed and didn’t grow back for several months. He was pretty rank.

Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Was watching a harvested a small field of milo yesterday evening. Had deer start filtering in about 5. At least 10 does and a couple of spikes. Was hoping a good buck would show in the twilight of the day. About 545 4 does suddenly went on full alert. I am thinking this might be big boy coming in.

Suddenly those 4 does high tailed it, then every other deer in field took off.

A sounder of hogs came in and ruined my hunt. But one old sow want be bothering anyone any more.
961880ad5f9273d9ac13c5783f024edc.jpg

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Was watching a harvested a small field of milo yesterday evening. Had deer start filtering in about 5. At least 10 does and a couple of spikes. Was hoping a good buck would show in the twilight of the day. About 545 4 does suddenly went on full alert. I am thinking this might be big boy coming in.

Suddenly those 4 does high tailed it, then every other deer in field took off.

A sounder of hogs came in and ruined my hunt. But one old sow want be bothering anyone any more.
961880ad5f9273d9ac13c5783f024edc.jpg
That ought to make some good sausage...

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
My next door neighbor send me a pic yesterday of a fat 7-point he killed. He said it weighed ~200 pounds.

Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Congratulations
Your wife did a good job with your gift.
What did you get her?
I took her to Red's Cafe in Leary, GA for fried chicken, mashed taters & gravy, fried okra and some fried cornbread. Southern gourmet prepared by some down home country soul sisters. Wife said it was the best anniversary lunch she had ever had.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
I took her to Red's Cafe in Leary, GA for fried chicken, mashed taters & gravy, fried okra and some fried cornbread. Southern gourmet prepared by some down home country soul sisters. Wife said it was the best anniversary lunch she had ever had.
Homer Drool GIF

Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Freezer is officially full now. Another crop eater removed. The farmer told me to shoot a dozen. I told him I did not want to clean that many.

But I would rather shoot them and see that they are utilized versus depradation permits used to thin them out.
a0fbccaf5da1aedb0dafda7817c24c5f.jpg

Last edited:

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
Freezer is officially full now. Another crop eater removed. The farmer told me to shoot a dozen. I told him I did not want to clean that many.

But I would rather shoot them and see that they are utilized versus degradation permits used to thin them out.
a0fbccaf5da1aedb0dafda7817c24c5f.jpg
Congrats on another one! Very jealous. Haven't seen one in a month during daylight. I know you've mentioned it before, but what rifle is that?

Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Congrats on another one! Very jealous. Haven't seen one in a month during daylight. I know you've mentioned it before, but what rifle is that?

I have posted quite a bit about my Ruger M77 270, but I changed things up a bit this trip.

The rifle pictured above is a Browning X bolt in .308 Winchester. Leupold 3.5x10x50 scope. I installed a Timney trigger a while back and decided to see how it worked on something other than paper. 2 shots fired. 2 deer down.

This area of GA has such a late rut, we see deer all season.

I was in a lease in middle GA from 2016 through 2019 and you had better get your deer before December 1 or you probably would not get one.

This lease is the best hunting I have ever had access to.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator