The Hunting Thread...

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Well, remember, if you are thinking of doing RMNP, you have to make reservations - even to just drive through.
Really?!? I knew Yellowstone was doing that post-covid but didn't know RMNP was too.
It's a great park but I have FOMO and want to see other areas since we did Frisco, Breckinridge, Vail and some of RMNP last time. I'd prefer to head back SW towards Telluride/Silverton/Durango for a few days.

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
Really?!? I knew Yellowstone was doing that post-covid but didn't know RMNP was too.
It's a great park but I have FOMO and want to see other areas since we did Frisco, Breckinridge, Vail and some of RMNP last time. I'd prefer to head back SW towards Telluride/Silverton/Durango for a few days.
Great choices...all.

Yep, found out the hard way that I couldn't get across Trail Ridge Road coming back from Frasier on a Sunday. Had to back track from the west park entrance to Frasier then got to enjoy Sunday east bound on I-70 anyway.

And that is my best advice, avoid heading into Denver from north, west or south (any roadway) on Sunday afternoon/evening - any time of year.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Great choices...all.

Yep, found out the hard way that I couldn't get across Trail Ridge Road coming back from Frasier on a Sunday. Had to back track from the west park entrance to Frasier then got to enjoy Sunday east bound on I-70 anyway.

And that is my best advice, avoid heading into Denver from north, west or south (any roadway) on Sunday afternoon/evening - any time of year.
We rented a stupid car, not an SUV and going down I-70 with ice and snow was scary! Just after the tunnel before Frisco.
This was when during Hurricane Michael hit FL so we sat inside one day watching it come ashore while we got adjusted to the altitude.

We tried the west side of the park the first day and went as far north as we could until the road was closed. The next day we went from the east side through Estes. We enjoyed both trips but it would have been so much better if we could have done a big loop in one day instead.

Boulder looked nice but Idaho Springs was my favorite little town.

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
We rented a stupid car, not an SUV and going down I-70 with ice and snow was scary! Just after the tunnel before Frisco.
This was when during Hurricane Michael hit FL so we sat inside one day watching it come ashore while we got adjusted to the altitude.

We tried the west side of the park the first day and went as far north as we could until the road was closed. The next day we went from the east side through Estes. We enjoyed both trips but it would have been so much better if we could have done a big loop in one day instead.

Boulder looked nice but Idaho Springs was my favorite little town.
I have a really good client in Idaho Springs who, unfortunately, has sold off most of her mining claim properties - where I would love to hunt!

Georgetown and Silver Plume are nice as well, but Idaho Springs has more to do - dining and such.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I will be there but late. The 4 kickoff is perfect for me because I want to tailgate after. You?
I'm flying home in the morning, will drive to Gainesville Thursday, head back home probably Sunday. What is "late"? Daughter has to work the game, but was invited to the President's tailgate and I'm her "+1". It starts at noon, but she has to be in the stadium at 1:30. So, at 1:30, if I haven't been "asked to leave," I can either hang around schmoozing at the tailgate or wander around aimlessly until I head into the stadium.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
I'm flying home in the morning, will drive to Gainesville Thursday, head back home probably Sunday. What is "late"? Daughter has to work the game, but was invited to the President's tailgate and I'm her "+1". It starts at noon, but she has to be in the stadium at 1:30. So, at 1:30, if I haven't been "asked to leave," I can either hang around schmoozing at the tailgate or wander around aimlessly until I head into the stadium.
You gonna wear your mandals to the president's shindig?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

No late, like game already started late. Bad timing. Couldn’t be helped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator