The Hunting Thread...

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Very cool. We were thrilled to see the elk in the park and hearing them bugle. Amazing sound. At the library we walked down the sidewalk feet away from them. Stupid yes but they really didn’t care about the people around.

View attachment 50286
Please tell me who your photographer for that pic was. He/she does incredible work apparently...I mean, it's like you were only half there...

Spearo Gator

I kill fish
Nov 17, 2018
Son shot his first deer ever on 10/22. He’s only been hunting since 2019 but has been waiting on a good one. Young 6 (well 5, brow tine broke). He said it was time. Lol.
The following weekend he got this one.
B35C141E-B9B7-46C9-A83A-E323661210CE.jpeg

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
Son shot his first deer ever on 10/22. He’s only been hunting since 2019 but has been waiting on a good one. Young 6 (well 5, brow tine broke). He said it was time. Lol.
The following weekend he got this one.
View attachment 51376
Congrats to you and your son! That looks like a big bodied ole hoss....and where I come from, that's a full on 8 pointer. Very nice deer! What did he take the deer with? Bow? Muzzle loader? Rifle?

Last edited:

Spearo Gator

I kill fish
Nov 17, 2018
Congrats to you and your son! That looks like a big bodied ole hoss....and where I come from, that's a full on 8 pointer. Very nice deer! What did he take the deer with? Bow? Muzzle loader? Rifle?
Thanks BAG. He was super excited, so was I. I was sitting a few hundred yards from him when I heard the shot. Sounded like it hit solid. I said lord, please let that be him. He has been hunting so hard waiting on a solid buck. I had zero cell coverage in my spot and told him so when he dropped me off that morning.
Told him if he puts one down just come get me. So I’m waiting….waiting…waiting and then I hear crunch, crunch behind me. I’m in a box blind. I open the door and there he was with a big grin! It was one of those moments only hunters understand (I’m sure you do).
And yes sir, solid 8, taken with a rifle at 80 yards from a stand.
He had asked previously where is the best kill spot. I’m no expert but I said neck and that’s where he put it…deer DRT.
We hunt middle GA near Swainsboro (Johnson county). Farmers planted soy beans all around us the last 2 years. Has made a huge difference in our deer.
Doing a euro on him. Will post pics.
Good luck to you this season.

Spearo Gator

I kill fish
Nov 17, 2018
By the way, I’m snake bit so far this season. There’s only 4 of us on 1000 acres and I’m the only one without a buck. I was planning to go back this past weekend but I’ve been the previous 4 weekends in a row. Needed to stay home. I’m mad at em right now. So far I’m out smarted by a damn pine goat. Hahaha

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator