The Jacksonville Jaguars Thread

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
At least when Lawrence's contract comes up there won't be as much of a salary cap problem. He's better than average, slightly....maybe. If I hear the words franchise or generational associated with his name just once more I'm done.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
View attachment 66247

8-3 going into the BYE. Time to allow the team to rest, recover and refocus for the 2nd half of the year. :facepalm:

I get nothing out of seeing the Jags do poorly and always pull for them, especially Pederson and Lawrence. When Philly is bounced in week 1, it will be your turn to point. But yeah, epic meltdown. From having a real path to the #1 overall seed in late November to not going at all. That’s insane.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
He's tougher than Lawerence at least. idiot bucs ran him out there today when he was so injured he could barely walk straight.

Huh? Trevor has gotten abused all year (knee, ankle, concussion, and shoulder) and missed one game.

Y’all can (IMO wrongly) be overly critical about his play, but he’s a tough, tough dude.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I’m still riding with Trevor at QB. We have arguably the worst OL in the league and an awful OC. Fix those areas and he’ll take off. Oh, and having a semblance of a running game would be nice (goes back to OL).

I’ll add, Trevor isn’t above critique and he’s gotta be better himself. But his team sucks around him (see below).

Here’s one of many examples of how porous the OL is :lol:

Last edited:

OBG

Lifetime Member
Nov 14, 2017
This sucks, really sucks.

Jags 'Jagged' it up again.

OBG

Lifetime Member
Nov 14, 2017
I’m still riding with Trevor at QB. We have arguably the worst OL in the league and an awful OC. Fix those areas and he’ll take off. Oh, and having a semblance of a running game would be nice (goes back to OL).

I’ll add, Trevor isn’t above critique and he’s gotta be better himself. But his team sucks around him (see below).

Here’s one of many examples of how porous the OL is :lol:

Trevor is crazy talented, but was beaten up all season long because of the ****ty Oline (thanks Balky). But he has to quit making dumbass decisions. Pres and Caldwell? Doug's loyalty to Pres in Philly is what led to his ouster. Doug and Shad (balky) need to make changes this offseason

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Losing CKirk really hurt this team. He was the WR that Trevor was on the same page with.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I'm sorry there are two components to generational and franchise. Talent, which he has, and instinct, which I just don't see. Even with a deficient line and missing receivers, he continues to make mistakes. I think he'll be above average and that's all. He's better than what we've had for years, but a great qb could have gotten us in the playoffs. If you're going to use injury as an excuse, he shouldn't have been out there Sunday.

I hope I'm wrong.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
@gator1946
Master P Come On Man GIF

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Why not the GM? You know, the guy that doesn’t believe that a functioning OL and a pass rush are important to success in tackle football.
This.

Trevor has improved since his rookie season, but it’s impossible to tell what his ceiling actually is because he’s getting plastered every time he tries to look downfield and hold the ball more than three seconds. Every. Single. Time.

The OL has been a joke since week one and only got worse and more exposed as injuries limited the skill players and personnel.

The defense was nowhere near elite but played well enough in several games to get the team in position to win, but the OL could never generate run game or pass pro. Eventually, the defense stopped matching the intensity they had early on.

If Pederson keeps his little buddy Taylor and Khan keeps Baalke while they do nothing to revamp the OL then this is all going right back into the toilet we briefly climbed out of. Again.

OBG

Lifetime Member
Nov 14, 2017
This.

Trevor has improved since his rookie season, but it’s impossible to tell what his ceiling actually is because he’s getting plastered every time he tries to look downfield and hold the ball more than three seconds. Every. Single. Time.

The OL has been a joke since week one and only got worse and more exposed as injuries limited the skill players and personnel.

The defense was nowhere near elite but played well enough in several games to get the team in position to win, but the OL could never generate run game or pass pro. Eventually, the defense stopped matching the intensity they had early on.

If Pederson keeps his little buddy Taylor and Khan keeps Baalke while they do nothing to revamp the OL then this is all going right back into the toilet we briefly climbed out of. Again.
The turnovers they were getting in the fist half of the season masked a lot of their issues on D. TOs stopped and they were exposed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator