The Kasey Hill thread

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
Hill never was able to focus and play to his strengths. Defense and driving to dish. He wanted to be a scorer and played like a guy in a 6'7" frame. In his defense, many time there was no one to dish to but he should have learned and changed his game some....he didn't and it cost us. Had he been able to except his weaknesses and play within himself he would have been a great PG. He should have watched some film on Isiah Thomas or Kenny Smith. He hurt us tonight and frankly, I think White should have had him on the bench the last 3 minutes of the game. That would have taken balls to do but it would have given us a better chance, that and More Gak and less Hayes.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
You honestly have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

I have some idea of what I'm talking about. But, as I admit, I don't know the majority of it. As such, I'll move on.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
He hurt us tonight and frankly, I think White should have had him on the bench the last 3 minutes of the game. That would have taken balls to do but it would have given us a better chance, that and More Gak and less Hayes.

Yes on benching him for the last 3 minutes.

Disagree on Gak > Hayes. From what I saw, Gak provided similar rebounding and offensive hustle (I like that about both guys), but I see Hayes with better offensive production (better shot selection and execution). I like the potential from Gak, but I like where Hayes is now over where Gak is now.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Hill never was able to focus and play to his strengths. Defense and driving to dish. He wanted to be a scorer and played like a guy in a 6'7" frame. In his defense, many time there was no one to dish to but he should have learned and changed his game some....he didn't and it cost us. Had he been able to except his weaknesses and play within himself he would have been a great PG. He should have watched some film on Isiah Thomas or Kenny Smith. He hurt us tonight and frankly, I think White should have had him on the bench the last 3 minutes of the game. That would have taken balls to do but it would have given us a better chance, that and More Gak and less Hayes.

He had him on the bench for the last two minutes of the OT game versus Wisconsin. Should've done the same against South Carolina.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
In Hill's defense, Cheeze was even worse than him yesterday. Our guard play was atrocious.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
still don't think you shouldve banned him but this response is funny

I don't think he should have been allowed back to get assistance for his children through Twitter, or without a great reason that things had changed from when he wanted to be banned.

Neither of our opinions should have much effect on how Ox runs his business.

ChiefGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
In Hill's defense, Cheeze was even worse than him yesterday. Our guard play was atrocious.

Yes if scotty was there we would have won and probably pretty easily, that is why I don't really question the coach in many instances after all the players have to execute and if they either won't or can't the coach does not have options at least some times.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Yes it was a reason, but without their massive talent and production their chemistry would have produced much less. And it took say six or seven deep as well.

Chemistry is not a product of talent and production.
Production is a (wait for it) product of talent and chemistry (you can add leadership and effort, too).

I'm surprised anyone with "Chief" in their title would get that equation mixed up, unless the rumors are true that your "Chief" reference is tally related.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Does Kasey speak any foreign languages?
Inuit would be my recommendation to him, (which won't be easy to learn - there are over 50 Eskimo words for 'snow.'). If he ever does get paid to play basketball, it will be in front of some tribe of villagers in the Alaskan Anaktuvuk Pass for $20 a game.

ChiefGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Chemistry is not a product of talent and production.
Production is a (wait for it) product of talent and chemistry (you can add leadership and effort, too).

I'm surprised anyone with "Chief" in their title would get that equation mixed up, unless the rumors are true that your "Chief" reference is tally related.

I apparently was not clear, I know that it is all three, I was I though responding to the 04's success being mostly due to chemistry. Now leadership produces effort but achievement is much more complex.

And when I look at my wall I see a paper signed by Stephen O'Connell not one from a girl's school.

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
I apparently was not clear, I know that it is all three, I was I though responding to the 04's success being mostly due to chemistry. Now leadership produces effort but achievement is much more complex.

And when I look at my wall I see a paper signed by Stephen O'Connell not one from a girl's school.

I know that many here don't take kindly to any criticism of White but it should be clear to anyone watching that he basically got outcoached in the second half. He should have anticipated what they were gonna do and had an answer and from what I saw he didn't. Now maybe there was some discussion at the half about guarding the 3 line and that we would need to drive to the basket with the ball but I didn't see that until about 6-7 min to go. He strikes me as just another player, a bit older than everyone else but still has a players mentality. Maybe he will work his way out of the stigma in the coming years. I'd just like to see us go after a coach that has a proven record of success on the same level that they are being hired into. I just see Mark Few sitting out in Gonzaga and I wonder what he could do at UF? I think we went after White because he played in the SEC and his wife is from Florida so they new he would say yes. Everyone thinks he will be a great coach, I hope they are right.

Hayes just stands around a lot and maybe he's trying to figure it out but what we needed in the second half was some shot blocking presence in the paint. Hayes has his share but he just fails to recognize and drop off to help in the post, then doesn't box out. He needs to work on that......alot.

Last edited:

ChiefGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I know that many here don't take kindly to any criticism of White but it should be clear to anyone watching that he basically got outcoached in the second half. He should have anticipated what they were gonna do and had an answer and from what I saw he didn't. Now maybe there was some discussion at the half about guarding the 3 line and that we would need to drive to the basket with the ball but I didn't see that until about 6-7 min to go. He strikes me as just another player, a bit older than everyone else but still has a players mentality. Maybe he will work his way out of the stigma in the coming years. I'd just like to see us go after a coach that has a proven record of success on the same level that they are being hired into. I just see Mark Few sitting out in Gonzaga and I wonder what he could do at UF? I think we went after White because he played in the SEC and his wife is from Florida so they new he would say yes. Everyone thinks he will be a great coach, I hope they are right.

No problem here everything can and should be improved. We have a process to obtain coaches that has been followed for a lot of years. And why would someone come to UF from Gonzaga?

Many times it is the players who have to execute, if they had consistent success from three we would have won. Lots of player mistakes could be identified as well as biased officiating allowing far too physical play in several cases.

Thanks for the input.

Hayes just stands around a lot and maybe he's trying to figure it out but what we needed in the second half was some shot blocking presence in the paint. Hayes has his share but he just fails to recognize and drop off to help in the post, then doesn't box out. He needs to work on that......alot.

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
So you don't see any reason for Mark Few to have had an interest in the UF job? On the other hand, I doubt that Few would have came to UF to be the 9th highest paid coach in the conference but White sure did. Could be the reason he was asked in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator