The Kasey Hill thread

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Other than George mason we just
Lost to the worst final four team of all time. What an embarrassment in the 2nd half ,of course kasey turns it over in crunch time passing the ball right to Thornwell sending a one possession game into 2

They beat a 2,3 and a 4 seed. They got hot at the right time, not sure how you can say they are the worst of all time. Remember when Uconn (7 seed) won it all? Or UK that same year was in the championship game as a high seed? This happens a lot in the tourney.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Zombie thread brought back from the dead???

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Marine1 gets it there is MUCH more to basketball than the obvious
...,.. Chemistry is a big reason those 04s won....We need all these guys and at different times

Yes it was a reason, but without their massive talent and production their chemistry would have produced much less. And it took say six or seven deep as well.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015

I too wish him the best. He never seemed to cause trouble, and by all accounts was a good teammate.

However, he had the ball 90% of the time because he would just dribble around until he tried to force a drive into the lane.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Hill had some clutch plays today. He had one drive to the basket where I still can't fathom how he made the shot. The SC defender was all over him. He also made a couple of clutch free throws late in the game.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Chemistry isn't everything.
Where he's an asset on defense, he's equally if not moreso a liability on offense.

His negatives out weigh his positives, and it's really not a debate.

Can't agree with any of that any more than I already do. It's been apparent his whole career, IMO.

Someone else asked the question earlier and I don't believe anyone has answered, what is Hill so good at that he completely outweighs Chiozza?
Hill deserves minutes for his defensive play, but Chiozza should be starting and seeing the bulk.

I don't think it is 'what does he have above Chiozza?' I also don't see any 'owe the senior to have him play' on White's part. I think it is solely a fact that Chiozza needs a break and other than Allen, who needs to stay at SG, we don't have anyone who can handle the ball up the court against any sense of pressure. I'll be glad Hill moves on, but I'm still wondering who is our second point guard behind Chiozza next year. I'm guessing Hester is supposed to be that guy, but I haven't seen him in enough games to have confidence, or hope, or even a clue to what he will give us. However, even an unknown will be better than the known of Hill, at least for me.

I like Hill as a Gator, who gave all he had, but like so many others we find that what he had wasn't what we'd hoped for.

It's really not about what he's made, because there is nothing really outstanding about his offensive play. This is about what is lost due to his wreckless play. Sure he's quick and can drive it, but what good is that if you refuse to dish it to open players and then go out of control with it. He's done it all season.

His whole career = reckless speed. Sometimes, on a steal and fastbreak, that's helpful. Majority of the time, you need that kind of speed to drive and dish. This hasn't been his forte. We even saw in the last few games, White has Chiozza handling it and Hill is off to the side, not even a thought of getting a pass for any offense.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Lighten up, Francis. It's sad to see your embarrassing screen name every day, but I get over it.

Disclaimer - I know I'm quoting your response to Traskjay, but your response is what I'm keying in on.

I get that there is a history with L-Boy, and I don't have a tolerance for people who call out 'ban me', even temporarily. But you have got to take a moment and ask how much of your posting invites people to bitch about it. I've learned over the years that 98% of what you post is just stirring the pot. I don't know how you really feel on a lot of things (and don't care, if I'm perfectly honest). But I also know you post crap just to get reactions. I have very little tolerance for people who waste time and can't be honest about who they are and what they think. Knowing you post usually just to troll puts your posts way down on the **** meter for me. I know you don't care, but that's why I dislike so many of them.

My point is that you post to troll. If some people get pissed and call you on it, even to the point of calling you names, you're out of line if you are taking it too seriously and ban someone especially when you invite it.

I don't have all the details, ain't asking for them (this instance or the history with L-boy). I respect there is probably more to it than just him getting pissed about a threatened ban of coach, probably something about too much of the same crap from L-boy to you over one thing or another over history. But you, of all people, have to keep a thicker skin if people react to your trolling in a negative way.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Disclaimer - I know I'm quoting your response to Traskjay, but your response is what I'm keying in on.

I get that there is a history with L-Boy, and I don't have a tolerance for people who call out 'ban me', even temporarily. But you have got to take a moment and ask how much of your posting invites people to ***** about it. I've learned over the years that 98% of what you post is just stirring the pot. I don't know how you really feel on a lot of things (and don't care, if I'm perfectly honest). But I also know you post crap just to get reactions. I have very little tolerance for people who waste time and can't be honest about who they are and what they think. Knowing you post usually just to troll puts your posts way down on the **** meter for me. I know you don't care, but that's why I dislike so many of them.

My point is that you post to troll. If some people get pissed and call you on it, even to the point of calling you names, you're out of line if you are taking it too seriously and ban someone especially when you invite it.

I don't have all the details, ain't asking for them (this instance or the history with L-boy). I respect there is probably more to it than just him getting pissed about a threatened ban of coach, probably something about too much of the same crap from L-boy to you over one thing or another over history. But you, of all people, have to keep a thicker skin if people react to your trolling in a negative way.
You honestly have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.