The Masters

itsgr82bag8r

Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
As someone who's witnessed the kind of surgery Tiger had and the amount of rehab it takes just to get back to being able to walk and sit without pain, I'm amazed he's able to play golf as well as he is. The amount of torsion on the lower spine with a normal golf swing is bad enough on a healthy back, but then add the vertebral fusion and the hardware and its pretty amazing he's able to perform to the standard he has.

Tiger's swing is directly responsible for his problems. He had/has a very herky-jerky violent swing. It doesn't take much effort to research which golfers have been able to remain very competitive even late in their playing lives. Almost without fail, it's the smooth-swingers, not the violent ones. If you make a move at the ball like he does, every swing, eventually you're going to mess yourself up physically. He's a poster-boy for that, among other things.

BNAG8R

I don’t care
Sorry to offend you master

Are you Jeannie?

i-dream-of-jeannie-1401808171-1000x600.jpg

SC Gator

Sorta Kinda
Lifetime Member
Tiger was so damn great and while Tiger the person, may not be worthy, I would love to see him for at least one weekend at a Major, be old Tiger.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
I’m looking forward to it. I love watching the majors, the Masters in particular. Curious to see if the weather plays into things this year. It’s been such a crazy winter and we’re getting more today with cold and plenty of wind. Should be a good one.

lagator

Lifetime Member
I realize that I am in the minority. But, to be honest, I’m so sick of Tiger (and Jim Nantz’s man-crush) that I won’t even watch the Masters if Tiger is in contention.
So let me see if I got this straight. You're an admitted golf fan and it's the most popular major of the season every year by far.

Now throw in the story line about the greatest golfer of our generation, and one of the most intriguing sports figures of all time. A man who was once winning at a clip that didn't seem humanly possible in this sport who then abruptly fell from grace to be shamed by his personal life, and at the same time completely lost his game looking like his career was completely over after 5 major surgeries and multiple prior comeback attempts.

But now he has inexplicably resurrected his game just in time for the Masters, a Major he once dominated like no other. And if he is in contention on Sunday you're not going to watch? The only thing dumber than this concept is the fact that you got 2 Likes for expressing it.

Last edited:

gator1946

Lifetime Member
So let me see if I got this straight. You're an admitted golf fan and it's the most popular major of the season every year by far.

Now throw in the story line about the greatest golfer of our generation, and one of the most intriguing sports figures of all time. A man who was once winning at a clip that didn't seem humanly possible in this sport who then abruptly fell from grace to be shamed by his personal life, and at the same time completely lost his game looking like his career was completely over after 5 major surgeries and multiple prior comeback attempts.

But now he has inexplicably resurrected his game just in time for the Masters, a Major he once dominated like no other. And if he is in contention on Sunday you're not going to watch? The only thing dumber than this concept is the fact that you got 2 Likes for expressing it.

Point of order: Masters wins, Jack 6 Tiger 4. Jack second 4 times. Tiger second 2 times.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Point of order: Masters wins, Jack 6 Tiger 4. Jack second 4 times. Tiger second 2 times.
Point taken, but just all the more reason not to turn it off if Tiger is in contention to get number 5, no matter how much you dislike him or Jim Nantz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.