The National Signing Day Thread

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
More on Banks (from SDS...who has him listed a little bigger):

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/florida-football/florida-flips-juco-american-ol-commit-arkansas/

He’s listed at 6-foot-8, 315 pounds. When he committed to Arkansas, Banks had offers from Missouri, Iowa State and Middle Tennessee. He had 10 offers overall, including one from Auburn.

Banks is a 3-star prospect according to the 247 Sports Composite. He’s the third offensive tackle recruit in the current Florida class.

Banks reportedly committed to Troy out of high school, but ended up at Murray State, where he started nine of 10 games as a redshirt freshman before transferring to Iowa Western.

So, we're his 3rd school in 2 years? Big guy. Wonder if he's mobile enough for the SEC.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
So, we're his 3rd school in 2 years? Big guy. Wonder if he's mobile enough for the SEC.

I imagine he's more mobile than Fred Johnson!

Seriously though, this kid has made 20+ starts at two schools and has 2 years of eligibility. Let's hope the evaluation process showed quick enough feet for the SEC (he had at least 4 SEC offers: UF, Auburn, Missouri, and Arkansas). He's likely immediately in our top 6 or 7 OL's and I imagine could be a starter next year.

Does it say anywhere that he enrolls early? That would be huge.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014

He's either playing guard or depth. He isn't beating out JT at right tackle, the position he played at Iowa Western. His tape implies he'll struggle with speed rushers if he plays RT.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
giphy.gif
He looks directly up at him on mobile :lmao2:

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
For those who want to watch more than Hudl highlights on Noah Banks, here ya go. He's RT 71 in the white jerseys. This is a full game.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Just saw that tweet myself. Starting to get a good feeling about this.
A new coach usually gets that initial burst in recruiting. Some ger a snowball rolling down hill.

Bitters just never had it. Just no emotion, no effort, no results.

Mulkinz gets it at least. I think we ARE goung to get started on a good OL and QB. What a change.

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
A new coach usually gets that initial burst in recruiting. Some ger a snowball rolling down hill.

Bitters just never had it. Just no emotion, no effort, no results.

Mulkinz gets it at least. I think we ARE goung to get started on a good OL and QB. What a change.

Oh ****...Swamp Donkey, are you OK? Is this actually a positive post? Someone call an ambulance. Something may be seriously wrong. :eek:

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Oh ****...Swamp Donkey, are you OK? Is this actually a positive post? Someone call an ambulance. Something may be seriously wrong. :eek:
Swonkey is the best because he’ll at least be realistic. And when he’s not at least he’s entertaining as hell

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

He's been buying Mullen for a while. Some folks only read what they want and miss other things.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
swonkey's optimistic about #shyttersfull

I am too. And at a minimum I'm thoroughly convinced that the state has just flipped back to our favor from fsu's. They are starting their downhill slide while we are starting our climb. Happens every 7-10 years, and it's right on time, once again.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Look, I agree with you, Mullinz is probably not going to work out. I would have never hired him had the choice been up to me. Plenty of people within the athletic department and related to the program (former players coaches) agree. We've heard and saw in past openings that Foley agrees.

That being said it's early, hopefully the dude can turn another leaf. There are some good things on the recruiting trail, and he's a young guy who obviously wants to succeed badly. Here's hoping it works out.

You're our best x's and o's analysts on the board. We have some grumpy pumpers. Don't worry about them. I never have. They've had a rough seven or eight years.

However you don't have to engage every time. Just let them do their angry pumper thing and move on. Style points do count after all and we're here for entertainment.

Last edited:

Keene-Flint

Nov 3, 2017
Does anybody think that given the turbulence in the coaching carousel we may end up with a fairly highly rated recruiting class? Looking at the criminoles and slUT two large programs nearby are in worse shape than us, Bama is always loaded early same with Clempson and now the leg humpers for that matter, but with all the change we could end up with a pretty solid class albeit not the class we thought originally. I'm liking the potential and looming forward to tomorrow! Of course if we strike out then Mullinz must go :trux:

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Is it any less obnoxious to counter with a huge negative on every comment??
No reason arguing with him. Donkey says he’s an x and o genius and hundreds of people PM’d him praising his know all. He’s clearly the end all be all when it comes to football :blahblah:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.