The National Signing Day Thread

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Excellent post, Euro, particularly with regard to the part I've emphasized. I've never understood how grown men who couldn't even sniff the playing field will heap, ad nauseum, extreme vitriol upon a young man who is actually on the field trying to win. Add to that the fact that these grown men are Gator alumni and (supposed) Gator fans who are blasting a young man just a couple of years out of high school who is playing for the Gators. What the hell is wrong with the guys who do this? I'm talking about vitriol, not mere criticism. Driskel is only the target named in this thread, but there are many more. If a Gator alumnus and/or fan wants to tear into a college football player, do it to one on a rival team. Rapeis deserved it. Peyton Manning deserved it. I think Driskel did his best under terrible coaching. Nobody likes the results, but, as a good Gator, he ought to be spared the repeated disemboweling he's been getting for years, now.

Let dislikes begin! :lmao2:

Preach it brother. And one of the worst offenders gave you your first dislike.

Last edited:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Wrong. Both OSU and Bammer desperately wanted him. OSU gave up and signed a three-star and bammer is crying about maybe not getting any quarterback this go around. it's not like they let him go and signed a higher ranked quarterback.

Again with the ole, 'we didn't want him anyway', McGillicutty.

Fishon

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
You can live in whatever form of alternative reality you want but we were never going to sign John Brantley Part 2 to run a Mullinz offense.
agree. whether the coaches told him to look around or begged him to stay and he flipped, I see it as a disservice to the athlete to put him in a system that won't work for him. As law pointed out, it didn't work for Brantley. It also didn't work for Driskel

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
It's going to be a feeding frenzy around these unsigned prospects for the next 6 weeks
I didn't realize such a significant number would sign early. I feel sorry for the remaining ones. I'm thinking we may not get a full class. It'll be interesting.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
if we didn't sign another player it would still be the best transition class we've ever had.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
What's this talk about Zaire being a valid QB? Did he run 20 times a game for us? Not even 5 times and he got hurt.

ItsDookie87

...it's best to let him finish
BANNED
Sep 8, 2014
You can live in whatever form of alternative reality you want but we were never going to sign John Brantley Part 2 to run a Mullinz offense.

I think Mullen would have signed him but Mullen was actively trying to find a better fit and got him.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
fason, 5 Star 9th ranked overall recruit, Gavin Dickey, deshawn Wynn, and Randy hand were all 96 or higher ranked 4/5 stars in 247 composite of the sites who were out in 2002. Here’s the list:

https://florida.247sports.com/Season/2002-Football/Commits

That was a solid class. Some definite busts, lots of fillers, a couple stars, and of course one...

AncientCornyBear-size_restricted.gif

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
That was a solid class. Some definite busts, lots of fillers, a couple stars, and of course one...

AncientCornyBear-size_restricted.gif
They were pretty much all busts but on paper it was the 10th ranked group. Fason and Wynn were good for us though

PaterLacerta

Who’s Your Daddy?
Jan 19, 2016
I think Mullen would have signed him but Mullen was actively trying to find a better fit and got him.
Kudos to Mullen. Brantley was all about padding Meyer’s recruiting numbers. Period. JB made absolutely no sense in Urban’s offense and it turned out badly for all concerned. With the needs we’ve got on both sides of the ball, wasting a scolly on style points wouldn’t exactly inspire confidence about our direction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.