The National Signing Day Thread

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
I’m sure they wanted him for depth purposes. But he wasn’t going to be the guy.

OSU insiders said OSU really wanted Jones but they got the feeling he wasn’t going to stick so they got butt hurt over it and stopped talking to him. Bama desperately wanted him, by not giving a commitable offer to any other qb.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015

I think Mullen showed Corral due respect but wasn’t willing to affirm whatever Mac had promised. I’m sure Mullen could have worked with Corral but he’s not ideal.

Reports are widespread that once Jones grew uncertain Meyer moved on from him. Still, that wasn’t certain publicly and Mullen did clearly beat Saban and Taggart. That’s impressive, not that he said just the right things to manipulate some kid but that his groundwork from 3 years ago was significant and bore fruit that 3 months ago neither of them could have expected.

Relationship and persistence (relentless effort) bore good fruit for him. That’s the lifeblood of recruiting. He’s better at it today than we knew in 2005-08.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Here’s a quick write up on Nick Bonitto from 247. I think we should go after this kid. He’s a HUGE gator fan and would more than likely commit but doesn’t have an offer yet:

Bonitto, 6-foot-4, 200 pounds, is really a headache to contain during one-on-ones and could eventually move back to outside linebacker as well. The Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas star flashes impressive speed and quickness at the snap of the ball, and is a smooth athlete that really excels on the basketball court as well. Bonitto's hoops background is obvious with his ability to break down offensive linemen and play one-on-one like he's driving to the rim. Bonitto is light on his feet and fairly skilled with a couple of go-to moves to rely on, but his game should really take off as he gets stronger and packs on weight.
Is he listed in the Florida top 100 in Gator J's stickied recruiting thread?

AvgJoe

Nov 14, 2017
I think Mullen showed Corral due respect but wasn’t willing to affirm whatever Mac had promised. I’m sure Mullen could have worked with Corral but he’s not ideal.

Reports are widespread that once Jones grew uncertain Meyer moved on from him. Still, that wasn’t certain publicly and Mullen did clearly beat Saban and Taggart. That’s impressive, not that he said just the right things to manipulate some kid but that his groundwork from 3 years ago was significant and bore fruit that 3 months ago neither of them could have expected.

Relationship and persistence (relentless effort) bore good fruit for him. That’s the lifeblood of recruiting. He’s better at it today than we knew in 2005-08.

And that early relationship factor may be an influence in future recruits. If Mullen had some early interactions with future recruits it may benefit us in the next few years regardless of their location. There may be some soon to be juniors that have a relationship with the staff.... maybe we are getting ahead of the recruiting curve.

Both chimp and butters both had to build fla relationships in recruiting. Eddie may have inroads already in place. We need more in state commits that are top 100 or so. And being at MSU he may have some inroads to other fertile areas like Texas that we don’t know about.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think we were content in keeping corral up until jones gaves us the green light. Kinda weird how corral flips to ole miss really late on Thursday night, then Friday morning we hear news that Jones is gonna be in town.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I wanted Corral in this class pretty bad, but I think we got an upgrade for the style we’ll run. Hope Corral has a good career at Ole Missy after he gets over the butthurt.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like William Barnes just setup Auburn as his last official visit :facepalm: He also has an official visit setup to UNC.
I heard a 247 guy on the radio yesterday saying auburn was making a strong push for him. Didn't even mention Florida as a player for him.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Gonna have to go all in on the french guy. He didn't sign anywhere did he?
There’s a thing called the World Wide Web where all the information you could ever want are a few clicks away T

But, to answer your question, no. And he’s probdbly our #1 target as of now

;)

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Posted this in another thread but I'l stick it here too. I thought Barnes/Montilius might be a packaged deal.

Trying to keep a list of targets as we move forward. Maybe GatorJ can add a list of targets in his super duper Commits/Signed thread.
Pretty sure Chase is gone for good. For all the talk about Corral holding the class together Chase was the only recruit he brought to the table. I also think Copeland is gone fer good. He seems to be butt hurt.
So that leaves:
The two commits yet to sign
4* OL Richard Gouraige
3* WR Corey Gammage
That puts us at 15 and leaves us 10 spots plus or minus.

So names being thrown around:
4* WR Anthony Schwartz (Don't understand why this isn't a done deal)
4* OT William Barnes (Apopka)
3* OG Ed Montilius (Apopka)
5* OT Nick Petit Frere (Tampa)
4* WR Tommy Bush
4* WR Trevon Grimes (transfer)
JUCO DT Noah Jefferson 6'6 330

That would be a nice haul. What's missing is 3-4 more quality front 7 types

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.