The National Signing Day Thread

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@Florida_Zone: 2018 4⭐️DT Nesta Silvera (Miami commit) will be taking an official visit to Florida. (1/19/18)

Gulfstream

Founding Member
Mr. Breeze
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
This is our official visitors list (so far)
for the last weekend :popcorn:
This would make for a nice finishing list if they were the only ones we could pull in.

GatorWarfare

Nov 11, 2017

Another 4 star DB to add to the mix to finish off the 2018 class. I think Mullen has zeroed in on Mario Goodrich as the final DB in this class. If Griffin wants to come to, he won't be turned down (obviously). I'm sure we're still trying to work on getting both Tyson Campbell and Patrick Surtain back on campus, but I just don't see that happening with the big boys having such a big lead on both of them. That's okay though. Mullen is getting us back in the conversation with lots of blue chippers that Mac didn't bother to recruit.

SCColaGator

Dec 31, 2016

Another 4 star DB to add to the mix to finish off the 2018 class. I think Mullen has zeroed in on Mario Goodrich as the final DB in this class. If Griffin wants to come to, he won't be turned down (obviously). I'm sure we're still trying to work on getting both Tyson Campbell and Patrick Surtain back on campus, but I just don't see that happening with the big boys having such a big lead on both of them. That's okay though. Mullen is getting us back in the conversation with lots of blue chippers that Mac didn't bother to recruit.

Isn’t this Warren G’s kid?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
RE: Ivey

12/9/17: Sources have been really down on Ivey after going through Gainesville this season. Many think that Ivey will have to move back to guard, the position that he played as a sophomore and freshman. They don't think that Ivey can play tackle in the NFL, with one source saying that Ivey's feet are terrible to be an edge protector. Ivey should definitely return for his senior year to get stronger and improve his technique before going to the NFL.

Read more: http://walterfootball.com/draft2018OG.php#ixzz52rtKOPsk

Ivey was always a guard. Not sure wtf the staff was doing.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Ivey was always a guard. Not sure wtf the staff was doing.
Taylor isn't too good with speed rushers either. Slow bucket steps. Stone and Big Fred are too slow for guard even.

It's just a talent/poor recruiting issue. Someone has to play.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Taylor isn't too good with speed rushers either. Slow bucket steps. Stone and Big Fred are too slow for guard even.

It's just a talent/poor recruiting issue. Someone has to play.

Yeah. There’s nothing wrong with taking an elite high school guard here and there. But I hope we get back to recruiting just elite tackles. Then we can plug them wherever the hell we want.

Keene-Flint

Nov 3, 2017
Correct me if I’m wrong but weren’t most of those guys in Butters’ first class when we had to take any online man we could get to fill the gaps from Dunce’s classes? Couple that with sub par coaching and viola...
Not excusing it but trying to help explain why they have underwhelmed.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
“Keep this on the low, but...”

a) These kids know they’re talking to “reporters”, right?
b) Does Zach just immediately sell the kid out, or does he give him the chance to rescind it? Seems like a good way to get kids to not tell you anything, or at least anything true
This is exactly why the bowl is such a douchebag...

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah. There’s nothing wrong with taking an elite high school guard here and there. But I hope we get back to recruiting just elite tackles. Then we can plug them wherever the hell we want.

If they don’t workout, we can just plug them in at DB

- Swamp Donkey

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
Correct me if I’m wrong but weren’t most of those guys in Butters’ first class when we had to take any online man we could get to fill the gaps from Dunce’s classes? Couple that with sub par coaching and viola...
Not excusing it but trying to help explain why they have underwhelmed.

I think Ivey was viewed as an elite player in High School but I seem to recall that Apopka was a run heavy team and there were some questions as to how much pass blocking he had to do in their system. Seems like Taylor was overlooked because of excess weight issues but managed to slim down some and ended up a Gator.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator