6. OL Noah Banks (JUCO)
7. OL Chris Bleich
8. LB David Reese
9. LB/S Amari Burney
10. DB John Huggins
11. DB Trey Dean
12. DB Randy Russell
13. ST Evan McPherson

All signs point to Mullen trying to sign a full class (25). We have 13, so 25-13=12. 12 more spots. Mullen said we will focus on the following spots to finish out the class: WR, OL, DT, DE, LB, and CB. That's six positions, and six times two is twelve. So give or take a guy at each of these positions, we will likely try to take two more at each of those six positions. Now, we could take only one at one of those positions and take another QB. I don't see any options left unless we go to the JUCO ranks.

WR (2)- Jacob Copeland, Tommy Bush, Anthony Schwartz, Justyn Ross, Jalen Preston, Corey Gammage
OL (2)- Richard Gouraige, Nick Petit-Frere, William Barnes, Ed Montilus, Christian Meadows
DT (2)- Noah Jefferson (JUCO), Coynis Miller, Nesta Silvera, Malcolm Lamar
DE (2)- Dorian Gerald (JUCO), Andrew Chatfield, Jamarcus Chatman, Malik Langham
LB (2)- Quay Walker, Xavier Peters
DB (2)- Mario Goodrich, Olaijah Griffin, Nikko Hall, Tyson Campbell, Patrick Surtain

I'm praying we can go two for two with Walker and Peters at LB. I don't think that's likely, but that would go a long way in repairing putrid LB recruiting in the past few years. I kept Campbell and Surtain on there even though they haven't set visits with us to visit before signing day (Surtain took an official for the LSU game). As stated before, we could only take one guy at one of these positions because we just aren't going to settle for lower rated players. If that's the case at LB, I'll be ecstatic if we just get one of those two highly rated LB's. If that is the case though, I want to see us beef up our DL. We will get official visits for Jefferson, Silvera, and Miller. Take all three if you can. All three would help immediately in trying to switch to a 3-4 defense.

GatorWarfare

Nov 11, 2017
DL coach seems to be almost wrapped up

This guy is a much better recruiter than Seider...and Seider is by far our best assistant on staff as far as recruiting is concerned. I'm interested to see what guys like Gonzalez, Johnson, Hevesy, and Warren can do at a school with much more resources/interest from top recruits.

Back to my first point though, Sunseri is one of the top recruiters in the country. Check out the following tweet of guys he was able to pull at two different schools

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Shouldn't we be seeing announcements about the DM-crew collecting LB possibilities?
Love to see some spikes in LB-leans.
giphy.gif

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Interesting: https://www.seccountry.com/florida/...ountryUF&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Social

ORLANDO, Fla — An unlikely source encouraged quarterback Emory Jones to sign with Florida in the eleventh hour of his recruitment.

The day before the early signing period, the Ohio State commit spent hours deliberating over his options after visits to Alabama, Florida and Florida State. During his decision-making process, he received a word of advice from 5-star quarterback Justin Fields.

“On Emory’s Snapchat story he said, ‘Decisions, Decisions.’ So I swiped up and asked him what he was going to do,” Fields said. “I talked to him about it a little bit.”

The Georgia signee had strongly considered three of the finalists for Jones and offered his two cents on the Gators — reluctantly.

“[Justin] was like, ‘I feel like Florida would be the best opportunity for you, but I hate to play against you.’ I was like, ‘I’ll hate to play against you, too.’ So we talked about it,” Jones said.

Fields and Jones are both from the state of Georgia and have known each other for two years. Fields saw the Florida football program inside and out during his recruiting process and wanted to share his perspective on the Gators with Jones.

“Emory is a good friend of mind, so really I just want the best for him,” Fields said. “It’s pretty plain and clear that Florida has the most opportunity available for a quarterback. Coach [Dan] Mullen is a great quarterback coach. If I didn’t choose Georgia, I probably would have chosen Florida to be honest with you.”

The relationship between Fields and Jones stems from their quarterback training. Both worked under private QB coach Quincy Avery and had a friendly competition in their workout sessions.

“We actually train together sometimes,” Jones said. “We both bounce stuff off each other. Sometimes we’re in training and we’ll just go back and forth throwing. If he throws a bad ball, I’ll say something to him. If I throw one, he’ll joke back at me. So we’re cool, but we’re always competing.”

That competition will now continue in college as SEC rivals. Fields thinks his former training partner will have success with Gators and looks forward to facing Jones in the Florida-Georgia rivalry.

“Emory is a great player. Everyone knows that,” Fields said. “He can run and throw the ball. He’s accurate and I just see a lot of upside with him. They’re getting a great player.

“It’s going to be fun to play against him in the future. We’ll probably text each other before the game and joke around a little bit. I can’t wait.”

If Florida has the best opportunity for a QB to play, why sign at a school that has 2 other 5 star Qb's in front

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@JeffGardenour: UNDER ARMOUR update: UF-signee K Evan McPherson, left, made all 7 field goals, including a 55-yarder, to tie Paxton Brooks (Tenn.) for Speed Kick title.
@InsideTheGators

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@AllAmericaGame: 5 ⭐️ OT Nicholas Petit-Frere wins the @amfam Skills Challenge Offensive Lineman Compeition. #UAALLAMERICA

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I can immediately tell how old someone is when they ask for a translation for a simple tweet.
So, what does it mean? I get "Go on, I don't want to hear that ****" ... but what does that mean?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.