The National Signing Day Thread

GatorWarfare

Nov 11, 2017
We have five scholarship tight ends going into next season. No targets on the board currently moving forward in this class.

1. 80 Cyontai Lewis (Redshirt Senior)
2. 82 Moral Stephens (Redshirt Senior)
3. 88 Kemore Gamble (Redshirt Freshman)
4. Kyle Pitts (Freshman)
5. Dante Lang (Freshman)

Gamble was pegged for early playing time this year but could not stay healthy. I expect Pitts to get a great shot at playing time. With two redshirt seniors and two primos in Gamble and Pitts, I think if they stay healthy, they'll try to create some distance between the three and redshirt Lang. We've casted a wide net in 2019 for TE's. I expect us to sign two to replace the two graduating.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Concerning Watkins recruitment. He's trending to UF at 46%. Perhaps an indicator is that Greg Nord was his primary recruiter. I have no idea what coach is assigned to him, but he'd be a good get.
Rumors of bad grades and needs a lot of work to get eligible

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Well, we've heard what the peanut gallery said, here's what NFL.com's scouting report said:

Spikes has an outstanding combination of size, strength and toughness for the inside linebacker position. Is a highly-competitive performer who was the heart and soul of his Florida defense. Highly- productive player who earned All-American status. Displays impressive athleticism in multiple facets including in coverage where he?s a playmaker. Supremely instinctive reactor who is extremely quick to diagnose plays and find the football. Has been very durable.

They nailed it. He may not have been “fast” but played fast due to excellent read/reaction. He may not have been a “coverage” guy but he got crucial INTs.

It’s an interesting conversation about him vs. Siler. Each had 6-year NFL careers (really 5 active for Spikes.) Bostic & Jenkins have played 5 years now.

Last edited:

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well, we've heard what the peanut gallery said, here's what NFL.com's scouting report said:

Spikes has an outstanding combination of size, strength and toughness for the inside linebacker position. Is a highly-competitive performer who was the heart and soul of his Florida defense. Highly- productive player who earned All-American status. Displays impressive athleticism in multiple facets including in coverage where he?s a playmaker. Supremely instinctive reactor who is extremely quick to diagnose plays and find the football. Has been very durable.

I guess there ain't no love in here for his prowess as a punter. Ya'll remember this " Spikes " after his pick 6?

Week7-FloridaSpikesPunt.jpg

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
You hear crap like "I trust Coach X over some website" even though the data clearly shows the opposite.

I generally trust the collective assessment of coaches in general over the specific assessment of one coach. Any wise coach will look at prospects themselves as well.

It’s fine for coaches to trust their eyes and gut on a guy, but as accents to a class and/or bringing specific skills. Greg Mattison (who has a great eye) snagging Brandon James is a good example.

Kids do get overlooked, but fewer now than ever.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Schwartz to Auburn....no real surprise there

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This would be great.

@GrahamHall_: #Georgia QB signee Justin Fields just said he'll consider the Major League Baseball draft if he's considered to be one of the top picks

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator