The National Signing Day Thread

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I remember hearing grades could be a concern. Rumor? Or is he a risk?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
(from the Gatorcountry recruiting board)

Lots of bits of tid.

Miami picks up a 2019 commit from Larry Hodges.

Malik Langham earns a 4th star and moves into 247’s top 300 as the 222nd best prospect in the country. Langham has visited Alabama and will visit Florida the 29th before going to Knoxville February 2nd. See more on him in Bama section below.

Dorian Gerald: reportedly had a great visit at Jimbo land. Hang on; these last couple of weeks will be a roller coaster. The Aggies are trying to close strong after much of their class went elsewhere in the early signing period.

Noah Jefferson: tweeted he is down to UF and Ole Miss. There was a bit of interesting back and forth between him and DG on twitter. Hmmm.

Fresh off the weekend OV, prospect Noah Boykin:

The Maryland commit gave the Gators his final official after receiving the full-court press from Mullen and cornerbacks coach Charlton Warren. Boykin was impressed during his trip to Florida and spent time with starting defensive back Chauncey Gardner-Johnson.

“It was cool,” Boykin said. “It’s definitely the original D.B.U. A lot of players have been in and out, especially two people from the DMV area, Joe Haden and Teez Tabor. It worked out well for them, so it might work out well for me.

Boykin will announce on Feb. 7th.

Marquez Ezzard: Miami is now the favorite for the talented WR. I doubt UF is even still recruiting him.

Ranking: With the Watkins commitment UF moved up to 15. I only bring this up in response to an inquiry. UF should rise as they finish their class. Several teams above them will not be adding much and will get passed.

Cameron Williams: The 2019 DE flips from UF to Miami. Williams camped at UF and committed at the camp to the old staff. I do not know if the new staff had contact or will stay on him or not. He is ranked 489 in the 2019 class rankings.

Aggies: will get transfer Cordarrian Richardson from UCF.

More Bama: Saban interviewed Patrick Surtain Sr. for the vacant DB coach position. Here is a quote from Sr. after the interview;

The elder Surtain made sure that it wasn’t a package deal.

“That was the first thing I mentioned to Coach Saban,” Surtain said. “I told him I didn’t want it contingent on where Pat Surtain Jr. comes there or not. That wouldn’t be fair to him. [Saban] assured me that it wasn’t. He interviewed me because he thought I’d be a great defensive backs coach.”

The job went to Karl Scott who coached DB’s at Texas Tech. I doubt Surtain telling Lil Nicky his son wasn’t in the deal had nothing to do with him not getting the job. Yes that is sarcasm.

Vols: UT lands a commit from lightly recruited WR Jordan Young. Young had just received his 4th star from 247 a week ago. TBH, I knew nothing about Young until his commitment. The Vols sit with no 5 stars and only seven 4 stars signed or committed.

Vols 2: Coynis Miller will visit UT next week prior to his OV with UF. I don’t get a sense of hope in flipping Miller on the Vols part. Another potential problem for Pruitt and staff is that the Vols lose 4 corner backs and have none committed at this time. They have offers to Griffin and Taylor Stewart. UF offered Taylor Stewart last week. It is difficult to imagine the Vols being the favorite to land either of those guys, so a possible shutout at the position is in the works. BTW, Miller tweeted he had a great visit to Oregon but don’t read too much into that.

Auburn: The Tigers have 4 WR signed or committed and would like to add Justyn Ross and or Jamar Chase to Scwartz and company. They are not the favorite for either one.

UGA: According to some reports the Dawgs feel they have a 50/50 shot at getting Rich Sandidge. Most are still picking SC here but it seems it is down to those two. UGA also feels good about Tyson Campbell and Tommy Bush. The Dawgs sit with 3-4 slots open.

Fabian Lovett: Keep an eye on Lovett, he is scheduled for the 2nd. I think the staff scheduled his visit so they will know by then if a spot is open for Fabian. He has good size and is perfect in a 3-4 scheme.

Bama Stuff: I have a short story some of you may enjoy. A friend of mine from HS moved to Alabama for employment many years ago and over time became a Tide fan and works for a fairly prominent Tide booster. I haven’t seen him is many years but we messaged on Facebook from time to time. Long story short, I congratulated him on the recent NC and jabbed him about hiring Hugh Freeze for OC. He said” Candy, my boss and I were talking about that just yesterday”. Well, let me summarize the conversation for you guys. Saban wanted Freeze as his OC over Locksley but after conferring with the administration they compromised. Locksley will be the OC for a year or 2 and move on to a head coach position and then Freeze will move into the slot. For now Freeze will be in the advisory roll or whatever it’s called. Expect an announcement in the next 2-3 days.

Now for Langham, Malik is the cousin of former Tide player Antonio Langham, so you would think the Tide would have him in the bag. Most likely that could have been the case for Bama, except Lil Nicky has refused to give him a committable offer and Malik started seriously considering other schools including UF. Now, they could offer and Malik jump all over it but he may not get that offer and may feel more wanted elsewhere. Sending about half of the staff should have shown Malik the Gators want him in Gainesville. Will it pay off? We will watch this one closely.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
OL is looking like a major weakness in this class. Barnes is now saying he might cancel all further visits - that would be a bad omen for him and Montilus. Richard G. is anything but “solid”. NPF is an enduring mystery but I’m guessing no news is bad news with him considering how all the other OL recruits seem to be trending.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
OL is looking like a major weakness in this class. Barnes is now saying he might cancel all further visits - that would be a bad omen for him and Montilus. Richard G. is anything but “solid”. NPF is an enduring mystery but I’m guessing no news is bad news with him considering how all the other OL recruits seem to be trending.

Agree, the OL recruiting is a head scratcher. These guys have to see playing time for themselves in 2019.

I posted a few pages back that they are looking to bring in an MSU commit (that committed to Mullen before the coaching change). This is obviously a Plan B, but it's better than whiffing and only getting one freshman OL.

In the end, I hope we get at least 1 of the 4 above....hopefully 2 of the 4.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Agree, the OL recruiting is a head scratcher. These guys have to see playing time for themselves in 2019.

I posted a few pages back that they are looking to bring in an MSU commit (that committed to Mullen before the coaching change). This is obviously a Plan B, but it's better than whiffing and only getting one freshman OL.

In the end, I hope we get at least 1 of the 4 above....hopefully 2 of the 4.

Saw another poster on another site post the average star rating for each OL in the SEC weighted on years of experience. Hardly an exact science but UF was 12th of 14 in the SEC this year based on “talent”. I’ll let you guess who were the top 3 or 4 but I’m betting it won’t be hard to figure out, just check the SEC standings. With a potential lackluster class coming in again, hard to believe we see major improvement on the OL anytime soon. At some point, the lack of talent there will cap whatever progress we think we can make on offense.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Here's a story on Gouraige's visit to Ole Miss:

Gouraige Visits Ole Miss, Florida Commitment 'In God's Hands'
Four-star offensive lineman Richard Gouraige is a man of few words. Fortunately for Ole Miss, his actions over the weekend spoke loudly enough.

https://florida.247sports.com/Artic...ouraige-over-the-weekend-Howd-it-go-114006267

Four-star offensive lineman Richard Gouraige is a man of few words.

Fortunately for Ole Miss, his actions over the weekend spoke loudly enough.

The 6-foot-5, 271-pound Gouraige, who is currently committed to Florida, was a surprise visitor for the Rebels. He arrived in Oxford on Friday — a development only Gouraige and Ole Miss knew was in the works. Gouraige did not sign with Florida during the early signing period. He’s been open to other schools ever since, with his visit to Ole Miss coming a week after he visited Clemson.

A planned trip to Auburn was cancelled after the Tigers lost offensive line coach Herb Hand to Texas.

“It’s a great school,” Gouraige said of Ole Miss, adding things started heating up with the Rebels and head coach Matt Luke ‘a few months back.’

“Great visit. I learned a lot.”

Gouragie holds a staggering 36 offers. He’s ranked as the No. 88 prospect overall by the 247Sports Composite, the No. 7 offensive tackle and the No. 20 prospect in Florida. He was hosted on his official visit by Ole Miss senior offensive lineman Javon Patterson.

“Ole Miss is great,” he said. However, when asked if he would take any further visits, Gouraige simply said, “I’m not sure.”

Ole Miss could certainly use a player the caliber of Gouraige. The Rebels are set to graduate three starters — center Sean Rawlings and guards Patterson and Jordan Sims — and left tackle Greg Little is widely expected to forgo his senior season and enter the 2019 NFL Draft.

Gouraige projects as a potential left tackle at the next level. He was one of four offensive linemen who visited Ole Miss Friday-Sunday. Apopka (Fla.) High School teammates William Barnes and Ed Montilus and Cal graduate transfer Dwayne Wallace were the others. Wallace was the first departure on Sunday.

“Basically, around good people,” Gouraige said, when asked of what he’s looking for in a school. “Good community. That’s it really. (Ole Miss) was great.”

As far as his commitment to Florida, Gouraige said “it’s in God’s hands” and left it at that.

247 evaluation: Screaming potential at a slender 6-foot-6, 270 pounds, Gouraige is an intriguing prospect with the makings of a true left tackle. Gouraige is flexible and does a great job of getting underneath his opponent in leverage, but also slides feet effortlessly when operating in pass protection. He checks off all of the boxes when it comes to his physical characteristics, possessing great length and a frame that should have no problem packing on an additional 25-30 pounds. This is a prospect that's loaded with long-term potential in the trenches, but he must continue to play with more toughness and power.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
I talked to some people at Berkeley who know NPF. He has been as silent with everyone in that school as he has been with reporters. So I wouldn't take his silence as a bad thing. But, my contacts, who are Georgia fans, think he's going to UF. Apparently his family is just him and his mom. They don't think he'd leave her and go that far away. She is supposedly a vice President of a local bank and not likely to follow him to school. So, if you wants to stay close, UF looks to be in a good spot.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Here's a story on Gouraige's visit to Ole Miss:

Gouraige Visits Ole Miss, Florida Commitment 'In God's Hands'
Four-star offensive lineman Richard Gouraige is a man of few words. Fortunately for Ole Miss, his actions over the weekend spoke loudly enough.

https://florida.247sports.com/Artic...ouraige-over-the-weekend-Howd-it-go-114006267

Four-star offensive lineman Richard Gouraige is a man of few words.

Fortunately for Ole Miss, his actions over the weekend spoke loudly enough.

The 6-foot-5, 271-pound Gouraige, who is currently committed to Florida, was a surprise visitor for the Rebels. He arrived in Oxford on Friday — a development only Gouraige and Ole Miss knew was in the works. Gouraige did not sign with Florida during the early signing period. He’s been open to other schools ever since, with his visit to Ole Miss coming a week after he visited Clemson.

A planned trip to Auburn was cancelled after the Tigers lost offensive line coach Herb Hand to Texas.

“It’s a great school,” Gouraige said of Ole Miss, adding things started heating up with the Rebels and head coach Matt Luke ‘a few months back.’

“Great visit. I learned a lot.”

Gouragie holds a staggering 36 offers. He’s ranked as the No. 88 prospect overall by the 247Sports Composite, the No. 7 offensive tackle and the No. 20 prospect in Florida. He was hosted on his official visit by Ole Miss senior offensive lineman Javon Patterson.

“Ole Miss is great,” he said. However, when asked if he would take any further visits, Gouraige simply said, “I’m not sure.”

Ole Miss could certainly use a player the caliber of Gouraige. The Rebels are set to graduate three starters — center Sean Rawlings and guards Patterson and Jordan Sims — and left tackle Greg Little is widely expected to forgo his senior season and enter the 2019 NFL Draft.

Gouraige projects as a potential left tackle at the next level. He was one of four offensive linemen who visited Ole Miss Friday-Sunday. Apopka (Fla.) High School teammates William Barnes and Ed Montilus and Cal graduate transfer Dwayne Wallace were the others. Wallace was the first departure on Sunday.

“Basically, around good people,” Gouraige said, when asked of what he’s looking for in a school. “Good community. That’s it really. (Ole Miss) was great.”

As far as his commitment to Florida, Gouraige said “it’s in God’s hands” and left it at that.

247 evaluation: Screaming potential at a slender 6-foot-6, 270 pounds, Gouraige is an intriguing prospect with the makings of a true left tackle. Gouraige is flexible and does a great job of getting underneath his opponent in leverage, but also slides feet effortlessly when operating in pass protection. He checks off all of the boxes when it comes to his physical characteristics, possessing great length and a frame that should have no problem packing on an additional 25-30 pounds. This is a prospect that's loaded with long-term potential in the trenches, but he must continue to play with more toughness and power.

Saw that earlier - hardly inspiring. Coach Hevesy better produce results quickly or the fan base will turn on him and force Mullen into a tough spot. If I remember what I’ve read correctly, recruiting isn’t a strength of his. Nothing that’s happening now disproves that.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I talked to some people at Berkeley who know NPF. He has been as silent with everyone in that school as he has been with reporters. So I wouldn't take his silence as a bad thing. But, my contacts, who are Georgia fans, think he's going to UF. Apparently his family is just him and his mom. They don't think he'd leave her and go that far away. She is supposedly a vice President of a local bank and not likely to follow him to school. So, if you wants to stay close, UF looks to be in a good spot.

Honestly, I’m just extrapolating based on what the other guys are doing. If he was interested, he could sure help build this OL class by committing.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Saw that earlier - hardly inspiring. Coach Hevesy better produce results quickly or the fan base will turn on him and force Mullen into a tough spot. If I remember what I’ve read correctly, recruiting isn’t a strength of his. Nothing that’s happening now disproves that.

Here's a write up on Barnes visit to Ole Miss - and I don't get it. It's Ole Miss. These kids are from Florida and Ole Miss is on probation. WTF?

Visits Completed for William Barnes?
Top 100 prospect done with his visits?

https://florida.247sports.com/Artic...spect-talks-Ole-Miss-visit-and-more-114017038

William Barnes out of Apopka, Fla., didn't know what to expect when he arrived on his first trip to Ole Miss, but he left with a good taste in his mouth.

"Outstanding," Barnes said about his official to Ole Miss. "It was a really great trip. Lovely experience."

The environment around Oxford and Ole Miss is something that the nation's No. 46 overall rated prospect wanted to find out.

"I got to hang out with with Greg Little and Jordan Sims. They showed me around and introduced me to everyone around town. I was amazed at the family environment around there. I got to talk to their coaches and players. They all have the same goal."

When asked about what stood out the most during the trip; the word environment came up again.

"Everyone is just so close around there. Even the way the fans interact with their players was awesome to see. I know if I go there I'll be around a group of coaches and players who have each other's back. That's what really stood out to me the most."

His good friend Ed Montilus also took a trip to Ole Miss over the weekend.

"We aren't a package deal but if it happens to the best school for both of us then that's even better.

Official visits were lined up to Florida and Auburn the next two weekends, but those plans are on hold.

"Nothing is set. As of right now I'm probably done. I'm going to go home and talk it over with my family. It's going to be a signing day decision."

The No. 5 ranked offensive tackle has taken official visits to North Carolina and Ole Miss. The Tar heels is where his mother attended school.

"She's not pushing me in any one direction. She actually loved here visit here at Ole Miss. She's fine with whatever is best for me."

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
It defies logic - almost like we are negatively recruiting ourselves at this point. Surprised EJ isn’t all over these guys - they could be protecting him for the next few years!

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Here's a write up on Barnes visit to Ole Miss - and I don't get it. It's Ole Miss. These kids are from Florida and Ole Miss is on probation. WTF?

Visits Completed for William Barnes?
Top 100 prospect done with his visits?

https://florida.247sports.com/Artic...spect-talks-Ole-Miss-visit-and-more-114017038

William Barnes out of Apopka, Fla., didn't know what to expect when he arrived on his first trip to Ole Miss, but he left with a good taste in his mouth.

"Outstanding," Barnes said about his official to Ole Miss. "It was a really great trip. Lovely experience."

The environment around Oxford and Ole Miss is something that the nation's No. 46 overall rated prospect wanted to find out.

"I got to hang out with with Greg Little and Jordan Sims. They showed me around and introduced me to everyone around town. I was amazed at the family environment around there. I got to talk to their coaches and players. They all have the same goal."

When asked about what stood out the most during the trip; the word environment came up again.

"Everyone is just so close around there. Even the way the fans interact with their players was awesome to see. I know if I go there I'll be around a group of coaches and players who have each other's back. That's what really stood out to me the most."

His good friend Ed Montilus also took a trip to Ole Miss over the weekend.

"We aren't a package deal but if it happens to the best school for both of us then that's even better.

Official visits were lined up to Florida and Auburn the next two weekends, but those plans are on hold.

"Nothing is set. As of right now I'm probably done. I'm going to go home and talk it over with my family. It's going to be a signing day decision."

The No. 5 ranked offensive tackle has taken official visits to North Carolina and Ole Miss. The Tar heels is where his mother attended school.

"She's not pushing me in any one direction. She actually loved here visit here at Ole Miss. She's fine with whatever is best for me."

Maybe Ole Miss is still handing out cash and call girls. LOL

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Saw another poster on another site post the average star rating for each OL in the SEC weighted on years of experience. Hardly an exact science but UF was 12th of 14 in the SEC this year based on “talent”.
I heard none of this matters and all we need is a QB. In fact, I heard it A LOT, so it has to be true.

I also heard that we probably had the best OL in the SEC, but I heard that from a dude who sells popcorn and bbq. That one could be questionable.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Hevesy must be a pretty big down grade from Davis in the recruiting front. He's a good coach but it doesn't look like he's resonating with the linemen we had gift wrapped. Kinda reminds me if when mac first got here. Hope it goes better next cycle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator