The National Signing Day Thread

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I heard none of this matters and all we need is a QB. In fact, I heard it A LOT, so it has to be true.

I also heard that we probably had the best OL in the SEC, but I heard that from a dude who sells popcorn and bbq. That one could be questionable.

Didn’t hear that from me... QB was the biggest deficiency and highest priority but OL wasn’t far behind... If OL is miraculously addressed this year, next year’s immediate concern is upstaging the defensive talent across the board.

BluH2OGtr

May 28, 2016
I also heard that we probably had the best OL in the SEC, but I heard that from a dude who sells popcorn and bbq. That one could be questionable.[/QUOTE]

popcorn and bbq....if I didn't know any better, it sounds like old "quivers" is setting himself for a Walmart product empire

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Hevesy must be a pretty big down grade from Davis in the recruiting front. He's a good coach but it doesn't look like he's resonating with the linemen we had gift wrapped. Kinda reminds me if when mac first got here. Hope it goes better next cycle.
anyone notice that the two OL we have signed were both white guys. Maybe Hevesy doesn't speak jive?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Hevesy is a proven OL coach. There's no way around that. He has had MUCH better OL at UF and Cowbell (even with crap talent).

Davis seemed like a nice guy but I saw zero improvement this year when I was expecting some just by finally having some (still young) experience on the line.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He's a good coach but it doesn't look like he's resonating with the linemen we had gift wrapped.
Well, the other problem is that we they may or may not have what we are looking for in OL. Strong slow OL were what Butters wanted. Mullinz needs very mobile ones. Just like the QB position, we may even be "downgrading" in stars but be upgrading in fit for the system.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Well, the other problem is that we they may or may not have what we are looking for in OL. Strong slow OL were what Butters wanted. Mullinz needs very mobile ones. Just like the QB position, we may even be "downgrading" in stars but be upgrading in fit for the system.
We seem to still want these guys is the thing. We're still recruiting em.We've got plenty of bodies on the oline, we've got to upgrade the talent on the oline.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Upgrading in fit?? Hopeless pumper.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We seem to still want these guys is the thing. We're still recruiting em.We've got plenty of bodies on the oline, we've got to upgrade the talent on the oline.
Well, you recruit them til you land the replacement. Im not sure though, you may be right. It isnt as obvious as it was w the QB situation that we just didnt want what Butters had "landed".

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Hevesy must be a pretty big down grade from Davis in the recruiting front. He's a good coach but it doesn't look like he's resonating with the linemen we had gift wrapped. Kinda reminds me if when mac first got here. Hope it goes better next cycle.

I’ve chalked it up to those guys really liking Davis. Kids develop a vision for their college life and losing Davis seemed to be particularly disruptive for them. That doesn’t mean they blindly follow him to Missouri but I get why it’s hard to re-boot with them. I’m not saying that’s wise on their part.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
This. Barnes was always leaning toward UNC. We are still in the thick with NPF and might even lead. Gourage seems like he just doesnt want to be here. It is what it is. 3 months to build 3 years worth or relationships is not a thing. Its impossible. None of these kids were locks here because that moron Butters recruited them for 3 years

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This. Barnes was always leaning toward UNC. We are still in the thick with NPF and might even lead. Gourage seems like he just doesnt want to be here. It is what it is. 3 months to build 3 years worth or relationships is not a thing. Its impossible. None of these kids were locks here because that moron Butters recruited them for 3 years
RG and NPF are buddies and visiting UF together... they are going to be locked down

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

I'm surprised to hear you say this...sure, 3 months isn't 3 years (but Davis hadn't been here 3 years, so not sure how that analogy works here). We just saw Kirby pull in a top 10 transition class. Jimbo's transition class at A&M is pretty solid - Taggert's at FSU and Pruitt's at Tenn both look like they may be ranked higher than ours.....and our coaches have been on the job much longer. So what is it? I'm not going to lose sleep about this class, and none of us should. But let's not go full on pumper and throw out the same worn out excuses we heard about Butters and "relationships". The bottom line is this: a coach (and his staff) are either good at recruiting....or they're not. We'll know a lot more 12 months from now.

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
I'm surprised to hear you say this...sure, 3 months isn't 3 years (but Davis hadn't been here 3 years, so not sure how that analogy works here). We just saw Kirby pull in a top 10 transition class. Jimbo's transition class at A&M is pretty solid - Taggert's at FSU and Pruitt's at Tenn both look like they may be ranked higher than ours.....and our coaches have been on the job much longer. So what is it? I'm not going to lose sleep about this class, and none of us should. But let's not go full on pumper and throw out the same worn out excuses we heard about Butters and "relationships". The bottom line is this: a coach (and his staff) are either good at recruiting....or they're not. We'll know a lot more 12 months from now.
2351si.jpg

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I want to see more of our current players (and recruits) doing this (he's tweeting to DE Caleb Tannor - recruit):

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I want to see more of our current players (and recruits) doing this (he's tweeting to DE Caleb Tannor - recruit):

Notice Franks has never done this.....just goes to show you who the heart and leader of the locker room is going to be!

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Tannor likes the outside linebacker role that the Florida Gators explained to him

https://www.gatorcountry.com/featur...ole-that-the-florida-gators-explained-to-him/

The linebacker position is a big need for the Florida Gators in the 2018 class and the options are limited at the position heading into the final two weeks of the recruiting period.

However this weekend, the Gators hosted defensive end/outside linebacker Caleb Tannor (6-3, 225, Lithonia, GA. Miller Grove) on a visit as the linebacker prepares to make a decision.

“It was a nice visit, I really enjoyed it down here,” Tannor said of his official visit. “Good visit, take my next visit and then it should be decision time.”

Tannor doesn’t plan to announce his decision until February 7th but he believes he will know where he’s going before then.

“I’m going to do it on signing day,” he said of when he will make a decision. “But I’m going to know by the week after but I’m going to sign then [Signing Day]. Nobody else is going to know.”

Florida wasn’t a school that was talked about much with Tannor under the last staff but the new coaching staff showed him to his in-home in a big group and secured an official visit.

“The whole coaching staff, the defensive coach staff came by to Atlanta,” he said on how the Gators got involved. “It was just a big thing for me so I just had to come show them some love.”

Head coach Dan Mullen and the defensive staff explained how Tannor would play outside linebacker if he chooses Florida and that’s something that impressed the 2018 prospect this weekend.

“Coach Mullen, Coach Christian Robinson, Coach [Todd] Grantham they all came,” Tannor said on who came to see him. “They said they need people at my position and my type. That’s what I want to play, I like running around [he said on playing outside linebacker].”

New linebackers coach Christian Robinson is a guy that’s new to the recruiting trail but his age and personality is something that Tannor likes.

“I liked him, he’s cool, he’s young and he’s real cool,” he said on his impression of Christian Robinson. “Real chill person.”

This weekend the Gators put a current linebacker with Tannor this weekend and the message from him was simple and to the point.

“Vosean [Joseph],” Tannor said on who his host was. “Come [on Vosean’s message to him.]”

Tannor didn’t caught up with a lot of things outside of football this weekend as his highlight of the trip came in the meeting room.

“Highlights probably how they going to be using me,” he said on the highlights of the trip. “That was probably the coolest thing that stood out to me.”

The Georgia prospect also got a good feeling about the Gators future while on the trip this weekend.

“They’re trying, they got something coming, I can tell,” Tannor said on what’s different about Florida. “I can tell they got something, their players can tell that too. Because like they got a whole other mindset now.”

That feeling and the position that the Gators want Tannor at, all helped Florida improve their chances as the linebacker prepares for more trips.

“It helped, just right now all of the schools I’ve visited, I’m deciding,” Tannor said on if this visit helped. “Right now as the week goes on, me and my coach sit down and plan visits. I’ve been to Nebraska. I’m taking two more visits. Probably Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Auburn or Tennessee.”

When it comes decision time, Tannor says he knows what he’s looking for out of a school.

“Somewhere that I visited and felt like home the most,” he said on what plays into his decision. “Somewhere that I just got a good opportunity after football because I’m not going to be doing this my whole life.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.