The National Signing Day Thread

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Does that matter? Legit question. I thought we cooled on him because it didn't look like he'd qualify. Or am I wrong?
Cant get into kentucky or uf. Fsu doesnt even know if he can get in. Wont find out til after spring semester. Big gamble but theyre so behind for recruits theyll take anyone and looks like kentucky cooled on him because of grades.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Cant get into kentucky or uf. Fsu doesnt even know if he can get in. Wont find out til after spring semester. Big gamble but theyre so behind for recruits theyll take anyone and looks like kentucky cooled on him because of grades.

When i saw he was committed to UK, my first thought was because of grades. Players as good as him don't go to UK. So basically, this is a Shavar Manuel deal.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Does that matter? Legit question. I thought we cooled on him because it didn't look like he'd qualify. Or am I wrong?
Personally, I would have offered, even if he Shavar Manuels. We need inside LBs and he is worth the risk IMO.

We also need to lose the Rayshad Jacksons immediately if they dont make a 180 by Spring Practice.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Personally, I would have offered, even if he Shavar Manuels. We need inside LBs and he is worth the risk IMO.

We also need to lose the Rayshad Jacksons immediately if they dont make a 180 by Spring Practice.

Peters was one of my must haves. I watched him in the Under Armour game covering a receiver 30 yards downfield step for step. I really wanted him. I'm tired of having slow, undersized 3 star LBs. I want some beasts.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
I think this coaching staff is in full roster flip mode and they arent wasting a spot. If he signs and doesnt get in it still counts against our numbers if i understand it correctly. They arent going to throw a spot away if they know theres no way hes gettint in

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I hope we get this kid!

DE Malik Langham says Dan Mullen’s staff will take Florida to next level

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/malik-young-dan-mullen-florida

Malik Langham is one of several new recruiting targets for Florida under first-year coach Dan Mullen.

He extended a December offer to the 4-star defensive end from Lee High School (Huntsville, Ala.) and put on a full-court press earlier this month. Mullen conducted an in-home visit on Jan. 15 with defensive coordinator Todd Grantham, defensive line coach Sal Sunseri, linebackers coach Christian Robinson and wide receivers coach Billy Gonzales.

Langtham returned the favor this weekend by taking an official visit to Florida.

“This was my first time ever being in Gainesville. It’s a beautiful place,” Langham told SEC Country after his trip. “I had high expectations for the University of Florida and I saw everything I expected to see. The education is second to none and they have one of the top football programs in the country. So you’re getting the best of both worlds at the University of Florida.”

Langham and his family members toured the academic center, campus and football facilities. The 6-foot-6, 259-pound pass rusher also got a glimpse of the fan base during his trip.

“Everything about Florida impressed me,” Langham said. “I went to the academic center and it was amazing. That place really stood out. They had a nutrition center inside of it, so that was pretty cool.

“Then we watched the gymnastics team beat No. 1 Oklahoma. The fans were very supportive. I can just picture 90,000 going crazy in their football stadium. It’s pretty big. They call it ‘The Swamp’ for a reason.”

Sunseri serves as the primary recruiter for Langham and has made a strong impression on him in short order. Sunseri and Grantham conducted another in-home visit with Langham last Tuesday.

“I have a good relationship with Coach Sal and Coach Grantham,” Langham said. “Me and the coaches are really close. They’re going to put me in position to be the best I can be and that’s what I like about them.

“I feel like I’m a good fit for Coach Grantham’s defense and Coach Sal has a lot of experience. He can teach me how to play at the next level and get me ready for the NFL because he coached in the league.”

Florida safety Jeawon Taylor was Langham’s official host. Taylor is one of five players on the Gators roster from the state of Alabama.

“I had fun hanging out with him,” Langham said of his time with Taylor. “He’s from Alabama as well, so we bonded a lot. His message was that I have a big opportunity at Florida, but it’s up to me to make the most of it.

“I met some of the other Alabama players as well. It was nice to talk to them. You know, we’re from the same state so I was just comfortable being around them. They say they love it at Florida, so that was good to hear.”

Langham is ranked the nation’s No. 14 strongside defensive end and the state of Alabam’s No. 11 overall prospect in the 247Sports Composite. He has previously taken official visits to Alabama, Notre Dame and Vanderbilt.

Langham plans to commit on National Signing Day and Auburn or Tennessee will receive his final trip next weekend. He called Alabama his leader on Sunday, but said the Gators gained ground on the Crimson Tide.

“After visiting this weekend, I can see myself at Florida. They moved up a lot,” Langham said. “I know they compete for the SEC East every year, but I think Coach Mullen’s staff is going to take them to the next level.

“He’s a great coach and I already knew that before this visit. He turned around Mississippi State’s program, so I think he’ll do the same thing at Florida.”

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think this coaching staff is in full roster flip mode and they arent wasting a spot. If he signs and doesnt get in it still counts against our numbers if i understand it correctly. They arent going to throw a spot away if they know theres no way hes gettint in
If we sign 25+ 8 EE countbacks, good. That would be a good plan.

I dont see that happening.

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
Really liking the tweets I'm seeing so far from the weekend, but really wishing we had these guys over the last weekend before signing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.