The National Signing Day Thread

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He's 17 years old and in HS. 15 reps of 315 is impressive for grown men. Most dudes at the NFL combine can't get 225 more than 15-20 times.
This kid has a mean streak and is an animal in the weight room The most impressive thing for me was his 800+ lb squat. The squat builds that big butt and strong base.
Go back and watch his Hudl film. While most of his assignments aren't close to his 300+ playing weight, he doesn't stop until he finishes.
Here's a video
https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2018/chris-bleich-3177

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
It’s really for the best. He needs to find a better fit. Despite what some on here say, Mullen will not adapt an offense around a recruit. Chris Leak was already here, which is why we adapted. He is going to find a dual threat guy.
I hope your'e wrong but I think you're right. If we lose Matt then Mullen better have a very good back-up plan. Gatornation can't take yet anthoer year of this b.s.

I don't particularly like Mullens O. I prefer the vertical passing. Yes..it was great with Tebow, Harvin, Pouncies, Brandon James etal. Go find those again and we'll win another NC. I STILL prefer vertical passing.

We ran Mullens offense in the 6th grade.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He threw for almost 3000 yards in 2006 and 23 touchdowns...? Can we please have some more nonexistent passing now? Don't get me wrong, I'm not pumped about the hire but his QBs here all completed no less than 65% with yardage totals that dwarf anything we've seen since. Not to mention the run game was also better.
To be fair he also had 13 int and an 8.1 yd per attempt average. And he’s a sexual predator

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I hope your'e wrong but I think you're right. If we lose Matt then Mullen better have a very good back-up plan. Gatornation can't take yet anthoer year of this b.s.

I don't particularly like Mullens O. I prefer the vertical passing. Yes..it was great with Tebow, Harvin, Pouncies, Brandon James etal. Go find those again and we'll win another NC. I STILL prefer vertical passing.

We ran Mullens offense in the 6th grade.
We ran the Wing-T

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
..... that big butt and strong base.

If I didn't know better I'd say you were starting to get a case of the "vapors".

giphy.gif

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
This is a 300 lb guy benching 315 lbs, 10-15 times - not impressed
Ahem...
Lift.JPG

There were only 26 people at last years NFL combine that did more than 25 reps at 225. Nine of those only beat him by one rep. Then the kid did 315x14, so I'm pretty sure he could have pushed a little harder at 225. The kid is a physical freak.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Ahem...

There were only 26 people at last years NFL combine that did more than 25 reps at 225. Nine of those only beat him by one rep. Then the kid did 315x14, so I'm pretty sure he could have pushed a little harder at 225. The kid is a physical freak.

Let it go, boys!! Homer ain't impressed!!!!

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

I'm fine with all of that. What I'm not fine with is the freaking homer's coming on here saying "Mullen's 3-stars are really 4-stars because he's such a great talent evaluator!!" I'm sick of it. We'll know real quick if Mullen can up his recruiting game here at UF (vs. MSU) - which should be a lot easier than his last stop. I have no problem filling classes w/ tweener's, lower ranked 3-star's, a JUCO or two, and/or projects. But when 25% or more of the class is a head scratcher (like Butters) I want to call a spade a spade. On that note, I think Mullen won't have anywhere near the problems Butters had recruiting.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Yep, and he's not using his chest like a trampoline to bounce it back up the way a lot of guys do. It was a pretty impressive display for a kid who still hasn't reached the optimum age for strength development.

Yep...and those "bouncing" type of bench presses are perfectly fine when you're doing a burnout set like that (it's how the combine is done). They call those "gym bench presses". The only time it's an issue is when you're doing a one-rep max, you can't cheat (by bouncing, flinching, arching your back, etc). This kid is ridiculously strong. Hell, he could end up on the D-line.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I cannot believe that Mullen has yet to call Corral a star QB and our best recruiter?? Has DM already written Matt off as not the leader-athlete we need? Not full-on smart. Doesn't he catch that Corral is the shoehorn useable for slipping on fine WRs for his offense to wear ... even a dreamboatload of OLs??

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I cannot believe that Mullen has yet to call Corral a star QB and our best recruiter?? Has DM already written Matt off as not the leader-athlete we need? Not full-on smart. Doesn't he catch that Corral is the shoehorn useable for slipping on fine WRs for his offense to wear ... even a dreamboatload of OLs??

Supposed to be visiting Corral today....

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This is a 300 lb guy benching 315 lbs, 10-15 times - not impressed
Serously? A high school senior...who hasn't entered a college weight training program yet and you're not impressed.?.? Hell! Under Mac we had a graduate transfer OL who was a 5th year senior only lifting 225 like 12 times... This HS kid 225 twenty five times before going to 300+

This kid will be a beast when it's all said and done. He already is... Amazing that you don't recognize that...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator