The National Signing Day Thread

g8r.tom

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2017
The "passing attakc" w Chris Leak was a clusterfvkk and was largely nonexistent. We ran wildcat alot w Percy and others and used Tebow on third and short.

The fact that Mullins hasnt called says it all.

True. It totally sucked. We wuz luky to win that national championship.

:spank:

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
The "passing attakc" w Chris Leak was a clusterfvkk and was largely nonexistent. We ran wildcat alot w Percy and others and used Tebow on third and short.

The fact that Mullins hasnt called says it all.

Leak threw for almost 3000 yards his senior year and had his highest yards per attempt at 8.2. Tebow’s role in short yardage and Hardin’s running reflected more on the dearth of quality RBs at the time (Kestahn Moore and a stream of 4* busts like Marcus Manson), Harvin’s electric speed and Tebow’s relentlessness.

As I recall, we were generally frustrated because the passing game was very horizontal, not the downfield threat that would emerge a bit more when Harvin matured plus Murphy, Coop etc. Tebow’s yards per attempt were 9.2 or better every year.

I think Bubba, Jemelle & Baker were more intermediate and short range guys. Leak was efficient, super team-oriented, but not the right fit.

Man do I hope Mullen gets us out of fighting in a phone booth with 10 defenders in the box. But he’ll move the ball better than we’ve seen almost since he left.

We won’t see the downfield game like the 90’s - not sure anyone is able to do that anymore.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We need Olinemen with mean streak.....on the field
If Mullins and Hevesy want this OL, fine by me. They have been consistent at developing good OL, far better than anything we have had in the last 7 years.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We need to take two QBs probably. Bit they have to be two who can run the offense.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We won’t see the downfield game like the 90’s - not sure anyone is able to do that anymore.
All the Tommy Bowden types, Rich Rodrigues, Dabo, Holgerson,and the Petrino types (Brohm etc) all run a very vertical offense (still spread but you could say that about SOS too).

ncargat1

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member

You cannot "reach out" to kids under scholarship at another school, regardless of whether or not they have their undergrad degree. If they have graduated and they initiate contact, then you can talk to them is how the rule goes I believe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator