The National Signing Day Thread

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Was corral ever committed to Florida? Me personally I thought he was to small for Mullens offense

From his reaction, it looked like Copeland thought Corral was solid to UF. But if he wasn’t the right fit or there’s something else going on behind the scenes, better that he not come.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Bye. It takes a real level of stupid to pick a school on two year post season probation, that’s been the laughing stock of the country for the way they openly cheated under freeze, that’s also having every player on the team that’s worth a damn transfer out. Yeah he fits Ole miss system better but man, talk about picking the fat step sister Ulga when you had a shot at Gal Gadot

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
If we land a blue chipper because this kid is finally out of the way then is it good news?

Deja vu all over again. It was better we didn't get Kelly because he wasn't a fit, so we get Mullen. It's ok that we don't get Matt because we might get ???. Show me ??? and I'll re-evaluate. If nothing else we are improving our skills at rationalizing.

Even if it shakes out with another blue chipper. Two blue chippers > one blue chipper.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Spin it all you want. This is not good news. Maybe not tragic news. But definitely not good.

It’s not spin, it’s logic. Square peg, round hole. I don’t want to re-live what the offense looked like under Leak (who was an amazing QB btw).

Let’s let Mullen get his guy and see what happens.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Sucks, but there's got to be more to it of your only two choices are UF and a scheme you don't fit in, and a team on probation.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
It’s not spin, it’s logic. Square peg, round hole. I don’t want to re-live what the offense looked like under Leak (who was an amazing QB btw).

Let’s let Mullen get his guy and see what happens.

Yeah yeah, I get the "logic". We are all in training for White House press secretary.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Bye. It takes a real level of stupid to pick a school on two year post season probation, that’s been the laughing stock of the country for the way they openly cheated under freeze, that’s also having every player on the team that’s worth a damn transfer out. Yeah he fits Ole miss system better but man, talk about picking the fat step sister Ulga when you had a shot at Gal Gadot

To be honest, it’s a little concerning that he even committed to the QB killers Mac & Nuss :lol:

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah yeah, I get the "logic". We are all in training for White House press secretary.

It was obvious this was going to happen when we saw Mullen visit 15 QBs before going to see Corral. Idk why this is so hard to understand, but Corral is not Mullen’s guy. It’s time to move on

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Even if it shakes out with another blue chipper. Two blue chippers > one blue chipper.
Does the fact that Corral committed to a dumpster fire tell you that maybe he wasn't a blue-chipper after all? The lack of interest in him from other schools is pretty strange.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
It’s ok that it’s not Matt. The worrying strictly lies on knowing we have Take a 15 yard loss instead of throwing it away Franks as the only legit option. Hopefully we can get Fields to listen, he’d be a day 1 starter here and he knows that

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Ox,
1. I expected this to happen
2. In answer to your question, maybe.
3. Is there another guy coming that's better? Maybe but the magic eight ball says probably not.
4. Does this say that Mullen won't or can't fit a talented QB into his system? Maybe

Maybe, Maybe, Maybe.

Am I ready to jump off a cliff because this happened? No. Next man up.
"Maybe maybe maybe" is the best answer. We won't really know a damn thing for sure until all those LOI's are signed on NSD, so freaking out now is pointless. I personally don't see Corral leaving as a bad thing. It's probably better for him and us, and I think the coaching staff made that clear to him.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Love it or hate it it's now Mullen's team, and I want to see him get HIS guys so he can run HIS offense. If he's going to succeed or fail it needs to be done with his own guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator