The next wave I expect to pop

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Law loved him some Mac early. There were are a couple people who were critical of him and he jumped all over them. There's a pumper in him dying to get out. He just needs Mac to score some points and set it free.
Butters wasn't my first choice. Or a choice I'd consider at all. However, I tried to believe that his stint at Trailerbammer wasn't HIS offense. I believed (or at least tried to convince myself) the bullshyt that some of you sold about Nussdump being the eyes in the box while Butters would call the plays. I saw enough of Nussdump by 2012 to know I didn't want any of that.

We will see. I still don't look at our OC, our offense and our defense and think that we are going to score more than we give up. Sorry I just don't.

However, I love see the cupboard being stocked. It works better no matter how this experiment goes.

Last edited:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Great rolling as each top new commit will bring more 5*4* commits. Let's have a tsunami of other school 4*5* commit flips. Ole Miss shouldn't have a single 4*5* now. 5* LSUbers should flip. Love it if a KSmart 4*5* flipped. Lots of state of Florida 4*5* should flip, even Bama. Recruiting war full-fledge Gator Blitzkreig. Best flippers would be from FSU whose coaches call the TPD and they line up the hookers.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Seriously what's the max we can take? Then worry about being at 85 next fall.
I've been hearing 22-26 since the bowl game. It looks like we'll have no problem getting 22-26 but they'll have to push a couple out of the 18 class then cut some of the fat off the roster.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Even after a notable influx of commitments, Russell said there is still much more to come for the Gators on the recruiting trail.

“We have a lot of big news coming up; there are a lot of guys that want to join,” he said. “You will see in the next few days and weeks — a lot of big-time names.”

https://gridironnow.com/randy-russe...ssell-florida-commitment-feels-like-love-home
It's nice to see players are actually excited about us during an off season, I can't remember the last time there was this kind of buzz around the team. Mac had a great week last week and it sounds like it's not over. What's even better is there is no buzz around FSU or UGA really other than Fields which is a great player but only 1 player. Hope things keep rolling for the good guys

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
It's nice to see players are actually excited about us during an off season, I can't remember the last time there was this kind of buzz around the team. Mac had a great week last week and it sounds like it's not over. What's even better is there is no buzz around FSU or UGA really other than Fields which is a great player but only 1 player. Hope things keep rolling for the good guys
Yeah man...it's exciting! I'm excited about the future for the first time in awhile...:chomp:

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Butters wasn't my first choice. Or a choice I'd consider at all. However, I tried to believe that his stint at Trailerbammer wasn't HIS offense. I believed (or at least tried to convince myself) the bullshyt that some of you sold about Nussdump being the eyes in the box while Butters would call the plays. I saw enough of Nussdump by 2012 to know I didn't want any of that.

We will see. I still don't look at our OC, our offense and our defense and think that we are going to score more than we give up. Sorry I just don't.

However, I love see the cupboard being stocked. It works better no matter how this experiment goes.
I agree with this assessment. I did not have Mac on the radar. I felt that after the MooseDump experiment, Fooley need to make a home run hire and in my opimion Mac was not even a bunt... However, for the first time during Mac's tenure as head coach I feel some BUZZ around the program.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
After we beat Ole Miss, there was a lot of buzz. This feels stronger though. But there were a lot of folks who thought butters was for real until Grier shyt the bed.

I think we are really close guys. We just have to make it over the hump and keep this class building and together. It's been a lon row to hoe, but we're seeing some glimpses now.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
... but what HC-hire following MessedChomp could have given FSU or Bama a tight game? -- even in his 2nd year?
I doubt throwing money could have done it? I might be off, but UF was clogged in the drain-trap. Now, we need to throw some money at a proven OC. Perhaps after this year that hire can create a "top-recruits" wave. Trouble might be though = we need to shore up our defense.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Even after a notable influx of commitments, Russell said there is still much more to come for the Gators on the recruiting trail.

“We have a lot of big news coming up; there are a lot of guys that want to join,” he said. “You will see in the next few days and weeks — a lot of big-time names.”

https://gridironnow.com/randy-russe...ssell-florida-commitment-feels-like-love-home

Sounds like the recruits are talking amongst themselves. I love it.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
After we beat Ole Miss, there was a lot of buzz. This feels stronger though. But there were a lot of folks who thought butters was for real until Grier shyt the bed.

I think we are really close guys. We just have to make it over the hump and keep this class building and together. It's been a lon row to hoe, but we're seeing some glimpses now.

Agree w/ Law that we're at least starting to stock the cupboard. It may not be stocked w/ top 5-10 talent (yet), but it's getting more and more stocked. We have less gaps in the roster (such as OL when McElwain took over).

Honestly, I don't like Nussmeir as our OC and hope he moves on after the season. However, continuity goes a long way and we saw what rotating OC's have done since 2009. Now that we have solid depth at OL and - what seems like - a solid coach (at least he's energetic, in-your-face, and likes to recruit) it seems we are "just a QB away".

If you look at Jimbo and Dabo, both of them won't be confused for Urban Meyer or Nick Saban....but they both recruit well (Dabo recruits well enough, Jimbo recruits as well as anyone not named Saban or Meyer). So they have solid rosters, which helps overcome any lack of coaching they may or may not have (I actually think they are both solid, well above average coaches). But what both of those guys did was - they found a super-star QB. Honestly, that's the formula these days: build a solid roster.....and land a super-star QB....and you have a shot to beat anyone. Will McElwain put that formula together? Who knows. I always thought that one day Mark Richt would get that combo, but he never quit found the super-star QB (sure, Stafford was a super-star but he was built for the NFL game, not the modern college game). I hope Corral is the man....or Fields or Allen. Who knows, but at least we're not recruiting like the step-child this year...

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Last week was so crazy that I am actually getting a little disappointed when we don't get at least one recruit to pop every day...

Seriously... what is taking Copeland (video already shot...), Barnes, Schwartz and co... so long. You know what you want to do... JUST DO IT!

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Last week was so crazy that I am actually getting a little disappointed when we don't get at least one recruit to pop every day...

Seriously... what is taking Copeland (video already shot...), Barnes, Schwartz and co... so long. You know what you want to do... JUST DO IT!
I think it was J who said it. Think they are putting together a group video.

Think about the buzz if during the dead period, we're the only school getting commits

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.