The Official Feleipe Franks farewell thread

Oct 5, 2014
I hate to bash a kid. If we're going to bash a UF QB it should be Luke Del Rio.

BUT....

I've been saying this for weeks, after watching his flaws....he's uncoachable.

He does things that even a Pop Warner coach teaches (i.e. he does things that he's being coached NOT to do....and keeps doing them).

The biggest issue w/ him - besides staring down his primary receiver - is taking sacks or running out of bounds short of the LOS. He holds onto the ball when he should throw it away. It's literally elementary football.

He's uncoachable and I don't think a coaching change will help him.

Yes, he is probably a good kid but, like Jeff Driskel, his problems are between his ears.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
When I watch the potential Crystal competing teams... we look physically small... we need a SC coach upgrade as well as more stars... IMO

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
"No matter what I tell you guys, I’m going to go on to say the same thing and it’s going to be twisted around and things like that," Franks told reporters after the game. "A turnover is a turnover. It happens in the game. Tom Brady throws three interceptions, anybody does it. It’s just part of the game, part of playing quarterback. That’s what a lot of people don’t realize."

Tom Brady!!?? :banghead::banghead:
First of all let me verify that he actually said this post game? If so, this guy has so much Mac rubbed on him he's not salvageable for any role on this team going forward. He made throws that were HORRIBLE while not throwing to guys that were open for big gains. He can't read a defense or hit a time route to save his life. The minute the protection even begins to break down he is scrambling around, losing more ydg only to get sacked. Won't throw the ball away and panics way to soon.

Tom Brady throws interceptions too? LMAO!!!!!

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
First of all let me verify that he actually said this post game? If so, this guy has so much Mac rubbed on him he's not salvageable for any role on this team going forward. He made throws that were HORRIBLE while not throwing to guys that were open for big gains. He can't read a defense or hit a time route to save his life. The minute the protection even begins to break down he is scrambling around, losing more ydg only to get sacked. Won't throw the ball away and panics way to soon.

Tom Brady throws interceptions too? LMAO!!!!!

This "kick in the nuts" season keeps producing. The grand finale will be the hiring of Dan Mullen.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Frank's QB play has now regressed below the level of play that was demonstrated by Larry Ochab (( whom went through an entire season winless )) and lefty Bob Hewko years ago.......going into next season, the only position groups I feel good about is the running backs.......defensive ends are runner's up.......otherwise we lack adequate SEC talent at present.

Hewko was a pretty good QB, hampered by injuries & eventually beaten out by Peace. Walk-on Ochab was the 5th option in a disastrous year but was a stiff.

I’ll add to your list. Our young DBs will be really good. Wilson & Henderson are green but can play at the highest level. Gardner will be fine & Taylor too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.