The Official Replacing-the-Two-Douchebag-Coaches-Who-Left Thread

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Torrian Grays 247 profile is back to unemployed. Seems nobody knows wtf is going on.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Rasheed has Florida connections and sounds like he's a good position coach.

Eli Rasheed is in his fourth season as defensive line coach at Iowa State after working with Matt Campbell's staff at Toledo for seven seasons.

In his first three seasons in Ames, Rasheed has coached five Cyclones to All-Big 12 honors a total of seven times.

Behind the strength of the defensive line, ISU led the Big 12 in both scoring defense (22.9) and rushing defense (115.0) in 2018, as the Cyclones went 8-5, broke the school record for conference wins in a season (six) and made the Valero Alamo Bowl.

Coaching Experience
2016- Iowa State – Defensive Line
2009-15 Toledo - Defensive Line
2004-08 Florida Atlantic - Defensive Tackles
2002-03 Venice (FL) High School - Assistant Coach
2001 Booker (FL) High School - Head Coach
1996-2000 Venice (FL) High School - Defensive Line

Is he just a candidate, or is there serious talk that he’s a probable hire?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like this could be happening:

Firing English - Gray takes over the entire secondary.

Hiring David Turner AND Eli Rasheed from Iowa State and will split the DL duties between the two.
I think I remember some people catching flak on here for criticizing the DB coaches and the terrible DB play.

I guess Mullinz agreed after all. Buh bye English and Warren.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Does this give DM the safety net to let English go? Then, DM could go after MM and if that somehow doesn’t pan out, I don’t see why Gray couldn’t handle the entire secondary... with a vacancy that could be filled by an elite recruiter, regardless of position.

Edit: looks like my comments were a bit slow...
247 has already listed him as DB coach, not CB.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Law, you have to realize....I'm borderline full-retard. If I get out of bed on time everyday and manage not to sh*t myself? Well, that's a good day!!
I did it yesterday. Didn't notice the date on the Tebow/Trump tweet that someone else had retweeted and put in on my TL.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Both or just one.
Why would we replace two fine coaches with two ok coaches with zero big boy recruiting chops? Turner has been a coach for a long time and has only signed low 4 stars and 3 stars. The rumors is Mullen is very well aware of the lag in top flight recruiting and wants to address it. These hires would make 0% sense

The Iowa State coach is 50/50. Nobody can with a straight face say he’s going to kill it on the trail because he simply has never done it. It’d be a guess. But if he’s got that Crob energy and wants to do it maybe I’m for it.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Top flight recruiting to UTSA? Is that possible? Think of what you're saying, Slevin. Do you even read your own posts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.