The Official SEC East Predictions are out

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n248716 said:
7-5...4-4 in the conference with wins over UT, UK, SC and Vandy.
This is reasonable imo

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We've been meh for so long now I think we may have forgotten how hard players want to play when they believe in the head coach. Watch it begin to turn this season.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
[QUOTE='78;n248768]We've been meh for so long now I think we may have forgotten how hard players want to play when they believe in the head coach. Watch it begin to turn this season. [/QUOTE]

Players have to believe in head coach and they have to buy into the system. We didn't have enough players truly buying in to the Muschamp system. I also believe things will begin to turn this season and that it will be noticed in attitude and effort even if we don't achieve the number of wins we would like.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n248716 said:
7-5...4-4 in the conference with wins over UT, UK, SC and Vandy.

We're going to beat Jimbo's Female Beaters in The Swamp.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Okeechobee Joe;n248820 said:
Players have to believe in head coach and they have to buy into the system. We didn't have enough players truly buying in to the Muschamp system. I also believe things will begin to turn this season and that it will be noticed in attitude and effort even if we don't achieve the number of wins we would like.

Kind of similar to what SOS did with a so-so roster in his first season, 1990. We weren't the most talented team in the SEC but we were the best because the players bought in. Hopefully history repeats in some form here.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I agree with law regarding the D line, LBs and safeties. We have no game changers at those positions and depth issues in some as well. CB is the only truly quality and deep area on defense we have. That being said, I dont agree with 60th or anything. I think we finish inside the top 20, but I dont expect a stellar D. Ive seen enough from collins at Ms State to know that they had a good amount of depth on the lines and in the secondary but gave up a lot of yards and a lot of big plays. I have a good buddy who is a Ms St grad and he's b*tched about collins since the first season he coached there, was celebrating when the dude left. And as far as I'm concerned, if a Ms. St. fan is glad to get rid of someone, they cant be that good :(

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Durty South Swamp;n248849 said:
I agree with law regarding the D line, LBs and safeties. We have no game changers at those positions and depth issues in some as well. CB is the only truly quality and deep area on defense we have. That being said, I dont agree with 60th or anything. I think we finish inside the top 20, but I dont expect a stellar D. Ive seen enough from collins at Ms State to know that they had a good amount of depth on the lines and in the secondary but gave up a lot of yards and a lot of big plays. I have a good buddy who is a Ms St grad and he's b*tched about collins since the first season he coached there, was celebrating when the dude left. And as far as I'm concerned, if a Ms. St. fan is glad to get rid of someone, they cant be that good :(

I think we may have a 2013 type situation if the offense doesn't turn the corner big time this year where teams stay a little conservative and we end up with a high rated defense in the top 20 in yards and points allowed due to teams playing us a little conservative but our yards per play given up may tell another story like it did in 2013.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n248853 said:
I think we may have a 2013 type situation if the offense doesn't turn the corner big time this year where teams stay a little conservative and we end up with a high rated defense in the top 20 in yards and points allowed due to teams playing us a little conservative but our yards per play given up may tell another story like it did in 2013.
Are we gonna have26 season ending injuries?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
As bad as we were in 2013 , with halfway decent qb play we woulda won 6-7 games .

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n248561 said:
Yes. And my uncanny persuasive abilities allow me to convince all the sports analysts and Vegas bookies to agree with me just to irritate you guys and/or give Ox some more hits.

According to Vegas the over under on regular season wins is 7. So it looks like you haven't been able to persuade them yet.

Assuming Vegas knows everything, guessing 4 wins is just as crazy as guessing 10.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Being an underdog in 7 games means we are going to win those games? (I think it will be 8 once the Kintucky line comes out.)

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n249068 said:
Being an underdog in 7 games means we are going to win those games? (I think it will be 8 once the Kintucky line comes out.)

The football futures (odds of winning a NC, number of regular season wins, etc...) are different than the individual game odds. Seems like there should be an arbitrage opportunity in there somewhere, but I don't gamble and I haven't sat down to figure out if there really is. Maybe someone else on the board can explain why there isn't. (I assume there isn't because market forces would/should have fixed it by now.) My guess is that you could place bets on all of the games and hedge some of your risk with the win future, but not fully eliminate the risk.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don't bet either and don't know much about the mechanics.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
A coaching change can be incredibly impactful. Auburn went from seventh in the West to first in the West in one year. The simple act of hiring Gus completely changed the program in the first year.

I'm not going to say that that's going to happen but I think will be markedly better just because that dip **** is gone.

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
I think we can win the East. Unfortunately we can also end up 4th or 5th, just too many questions right now. Lots of time for kids to do stupid things and get booted or hurt.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
The team will be better. We, heck everyone, will be encouraged. It may or may not translate to victories.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n248853 said:

holy cow thats a mouthful... not a fan of the period huh? :lol:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n249724 said:
I am still a dwag.

frabz-YO-DAWG-8fc774.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users