The Peyton Manning vs Tom Brady Debatet

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I've been involved in this debate for over a decade arguing and lobby for our Peyton. Last night proved to be the final chapter. Tom Brady has taken the Patriots to six Super Bowls in his career. In the two losing efforts against the New York Giants he did his job leading the Patriots to go ahead touchdowns late in the forth quarter only to see his defense break down against Eli Manning waging a remarkable almost miracle comeback to take the Lombardi Trophy. Last night he lifted the Patriots to overcame a ineffective running game and two interceptions by crafting 300+ superlative passing yards with critical clutch play in the fourth quarter against the celebrated vaunted Legion of Boom Defense to win his historic fourth Super Bowl.

I tip my hat to Tom Brady, the best quarterback of his generation and of one of the greatest of all time, as he joins Joe Montana and Terry Bradshaw, holders of 4 Super Bowl rings.

Congratulations, Tommy Boy.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Alvin York;n165711 said:
I've been involved in this debate for over a decade arguing and lobby for our Peyton. Last night proved to be the final chapter. Tom Brady has taken the Patriots to six Super Bowls in his career. In the two losing efforts against the New York Giants he did his job leading the Patriots to go ahead touchdowns late in the forth quarter only to see his defense break down against Eli Manning waging a remarkable almost miracle comeback to take the Lombardi Trophy. Last night he lifted the Patriots to overcame a ineffective running game and two interceptions by crafting 300+ superlative passing yards with critical clutch play in the fourth quarter against the celebrated vaunted Legion of Boom Defense to win his historic fourth Super Bowl.

I tip my hat to Tom Brady, the best quarterback of his generation and of one of the greatest of all time, as he joins Joe Montana and Terry Bradshaw, holders of 4 Super Bowl rings.

Congratulations. Tommy Boy.
Vol fans have been well behind the learning curve on this debate, but several have finally given up. Odd it took him winning 4 out of 6 compared to Manning's 1 out of 2 to get there, but at least you can finally admit it.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
As I said in the game thread...Brady can't even see Peyton in his rear view mirror anymore.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Never thought I'd see the day.

Fred-sanford-heart-attack-o.gif

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n165727 said:
Vol fans have been well behind the learning curve on this debate, but several have finally given up. Odd it took him winning 4 out of 6 compared to Manning's 1 out of 2 to get there, but at least you can finally admit it.

Actually it's 1 out of 3. You either forgot his multiple INT, anti-clutch game against the Saints or his meltdown against the Seahawks last year.

Dec 10, 2014
Manning/Brady has only ever been a debate for vol fans. The real debate for Manning is if he's about the sixth or seventh best qb in his time. Besides Brady, I'd put several QBs in front of Manning.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Where's the debate on Brady vs manning? Manning isn't even on the radar. Manning might be in a conversation of who is better between him and like Favre or something but not Brady or Montana.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
It is amazing to me how little appreciated Manning is. Tom Brady is an HOFer, but he could never do what Manning does on a football field. No NFL QB ever has.

Dec 10, 2014
maheo30;n165852 said:
It is amazing to me how little appreciated Manning is. Tom Brady is an HOFer, but he could never do what Manning does on a football field. No NFL QB ever has.

He is the only QB to EVER throw superbowl touchdown passes to four different teams!

As a Gator fan, I appreciate peyton every day.

KCgator

Superhero
Sep 7, 2014
Alvin York;n165711 said:

Congratulations, Tommy Boy.

:lmao:

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Alvin York;n165711 said:
I've been involved in this debate for over a decade arguing and lobby for our Peyton.

What's this "our" Peyton shat? He is "yours" not ours! There is no debate. You are judeged by championships 4 > 1. Peyton loses again. Why not try debating Manning vs. Marino.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The only list of QBs that Peyton belongs on is the one that includes the biggest losers in the history of college and professional football.
He's going to go into the Hall of Fame, but his plaque should read - When it counted you couldn't count on me.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
maheo30;n165852 said:

nick-cage-lol.gif

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
maheo30;n165852 said:
Tom Brady hasn't had half the weapons manning had. Hell he won the super bowl with his primary target being a 5'10 whiteboy who was a converted qb from the mac confrence. He's won with nobodies to throw to for the majority of his career

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
maheo30;n165852 said:

Someone got into their parent's meth stash

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
maheo30;n165852 said:
Manning is the best regular season QB in NFL history. Brady does things on the football field that Manning can never do and that is excel during the money games other wise known as the playoffs. One player consistently raises his game and that of his team and has won 4 super bowls in 6 tries and in the 2 losses engineered game leading drives late in the 4th quarter to only have the defense blow it. Manning won 1 super bowl with a QB rating equal to Rex Grossman...the colts won in spite of Manning and not because of him.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
GatorJB;n165788 said:
Actually it's 1 out of 3. You either forgot his multiple INT, anti-clutch game against the Saints or his meltdown against the Seahawks last year.
Ha my bad. Shows how special Manning is

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.