The Real Spring Practice Thread

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Does he have to be?
I don't think he does. But he certainly raises the bar for Franks in regards to competition..no?

There's nothing wrong with a good QB competition, but we both know Zaire isn't coming to UF to sit on the bench if he comes.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
There's nothing wrong with a good QB competition, but we both know Zaire isn't coming to UF to sit on the bench if he comes.
Well he certainly believes that...that said, if Franks beats him out, then he beats him out...either way no LDR :dance:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If LDR starts, we're screwed, and Mac gets fired at the end of the season. I don't see any other possible outcome.
Look, Im as hopeful as anyone else that we shytcan this neanderthal offense and the whole damn Saban tree. However, I see zero reason to believe that even 6-6, about as poor as anyone with the slightest brain activity can do at UF, I swear 6 of our games could be won with GAs at the helm, or even a 4-8 season, will result in Butters getting fired.

I have zero faith in that at all. Some people think going from the 105th to 116th offense is evidence of improvement.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member

What Zaire thinks he is coming to do and what the coaches decide are two different things. May the best man (not named Del Rio) win.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Look, Im as hopeful as anyone else that we shytcan this neanderthal offense and the whole damn Saban tree. However, I see zero reason to believe that even 6-6, about as poor as anyone with the slightest brain activity can do at UF, I swear 6 of our games could be won with GAs at the helm, or even a 4-8 season, will result in Butters getting fired.

I have zero faith in that at all. Some people think going from the 105th to 116th offense is evidence of improvement.

No way he survives a 6-6 season. You can't really believe that.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

I think it would be close and he might. If we don't lose a couple of our top recruits to test scores and this is the 10 ranked class or so in reality that might barely save him for one more season even with a 7-5 or 6-6 record.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I absolutely believe that.

We arent dedicated to winning, and we are dedicated to bargain shopping.

Last edited:

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
Agree donkey. Mac gets 4 years minimum
Regardless of what this years record is. He could be sub 500 this year and he would be given a 4th year

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Y'all are just trying to push me into depression. :wobble:

All of GatChat should absorb what Navet just cofessed ... a poor showing in 2017 would depress him. Does the posting of the "May-Day, May-Day" negators sound like they will be depressed if Mac & UF fail?

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
If LDR starts, we're screwed, and Mac gets fired at the end of the season. I don't see any other possible outcome.

While I somewhat agree but LDR might win nine games and the bowl, that would not be a firing year. A young QB who throws several interceptions will lose games very quickly.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
While I somewhat agree but LDR might win nine games and the bowl, that would not be a firing year. A young QB who throws several interceptions will lose games very quickly.

In case you didn't notice, after LDR's knee injury, he threw more interceptions than TDs. I doubt Franks or Trask would do much worse this year. LDR's confidence is shot. He's playing scared now, and a scared man can't win. Much anyway...

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

We would be lucky to win 7 games probably with his weak arm. He was barely missing throwing picks against the bad competition earlier in the season. I would rather throw Franks out there and see what happens than him against Michigan and their blitzing.

Last edited:

ChiefGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
We would be lucky to win 7 games probably with his weak arm. He was barely missing throwing picks against the bad competition earlier in the season. I would rather throw Franks out there and see what happens than him against Michigan and their blitzing.

I might agree but the question is if he won 9. I also don't want him, but I want someone to actually win the job, not get it because of some bias. Now perhaps LDR got the job due to bias, that is somewhat likely. And I hope that anybody who blitzes us is made to pay a hefty price.

ChiefGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
In case you didn't notice, after LDR's knee injury, he threw more interceptions than TDs. I doubt Franks or Trask would do much worse this year. LDR's confidence is shot. He's playing scared now, and a scared man can't win. Much anyway...

Yes he was stupid to continue playing and coach was an idiot not to notice. I don't think his confidence is shot, and we have no evidence either way. Fall practice will be here and I hope that the QB who can execute our offense best will start. What do you think might have happened if AA had replaced him after his injury? I think we might have been much better off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.