The Real Spring Practice Thread

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
It's a like the bowl game, no matter how good we look, it's just the O&B and he have seen fool's gold (LDR perfect game) there before already. If we look terrible (or lose the bowl) then it's a catastrophe.

But it's where we are right now.

But the bowl game did not look that good to me. If we had a great team we would have won easily.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The Orange and Blue game is a selling point not a scrimage. He was selling LDR, just like the previous year he was sell Will Grier.

I agree as they usually do go out of their way to make the QBs look good in them.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I agree as they usually do go out of their way to make the QBs look good in them.

Meyer did the same thing, Look at the offense Brantley ran in the Spring Game, then what we ran that season. Spurrier might have been the last coach we have had to actually use it as a practice.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Another article. There are a few interesting nuggets in this one,

There’s never been a doubt about his physical tools. At 6-foot-6, Franks is Florida’s tallest quarterback and also has the strongest arm on the team. Sometimes, however, that can backfire.

“A lot. Everything,” Nussmeier said when asked what Franks needs to improve. “He’s still a young player, he’s still a redshirt freshman. So, there’s all different kinds of things. He’s got great belief in his arm strength. At times, we’ve got to teach him that you can’t make every throw and sometimes you can’t throw it through three guys.”

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/...-development-of-qbs-feleipe-franks-kyle-trask

Crap that just makes you think the Driskel scenario may happen again and the coaches always put a good spin on things with QBs usually.

Last edited:

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Here is the most important spring update from Mac. I'm sure you were all eagerly anticipating this bit of news.

“We had a great spring break. I was able to visit and see my 95-year-old mother. She’s doing great. That’s something that’s pretty special. So now we’re ready to get back after it.”
Does she have butter teeth too? :dunno:

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I just hope Mac plays 1's against 1's and 2's against 2's this year.

Don't understand why he did what he did last year. Everything set up to make LDR look good.
Yeah! And they should go full contact 1 on 1's. If a QB can't take a hit in practice how's he gonna take a hit in game.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
you can’t throw it through three guys.”

Well they certainly have their work cut out for them then...

Yeah but, a lot of that "threading it in" sounds like stuff Grossman did. Succeeding at that would be called greatness. Are the cowardlinesses of the coaches "heading off greatness at the pass"? Hope enough "greatness" shows up at our QB position that our QB can thread it to our WRs consistently.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Yeah but, a lot of that "threading it in" sounds like stuff Grossman did. Succeeding at that would be called greatness. Are the cowardlinesses of the coaches "heading off greatness at the pass"? Hope enough "greatness" shows up at our QB position that our QB can thread it to our WRs consistently.
Interesting point Rog...For the last 6 or so years it seems the coaches have pushed that thought process in their offensive design and game planning...We've also had a defense that for the most part was able to stonewall the opposing offense into a slower, safer chess match if you will. It will be interesting to see if there are any riskier thought maps to be focused on by the QB's. It's a tough call for anyone to make because it hasn't been around since SOS was here....I say "let er rip tatorchip" .....But I also am one of the first to b!tch up a storm when a turnover cost us momentum at a critical stage in the game....In other words, I have no clue :dunno:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Wuerffel and Grossman were gunslingers who threw A LOT of INTs and A LOT more 50/50 balls that our talented receivers fought for and often won. Butters and every other Sabanite are so offended by offense and petrified of the thought of an INT that neither Danny or Rexy would have ever played for them.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
But the bowl game did not look that good to me. If we had a great team we would have won easily.

Our offense scored twice in that game and finished w/ less yards than their season average (which was ranked 115th in the nation). I know the sentiment that we won by 28 points is great and "feel good", but the bottom line is that the offense sh*t the bed...again....in that game. We need to see improvement on that side of the ball this year, period. The D will have a drop off, and anyone that thinks otherwise is nuts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.