The simplest way to reschedule LSU at UF

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Oh you can. It would just be a nightmare. And not because it's near Halloween either.
Well his tone was more of that UGA would not willingly move

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
✔@ClayTravis
Hearing LSU at Florida may happen on 11/19. LSU would play South Alabama on 10/29 & UF would play Presby on 10/22. Negotiations ongoing.

Hmm, is this possible?

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
✔@ClayTravis
Hearing LSU at Florida may happen on 11/19. LSU would play South Alabama on 10/29 & UF would play Presby on 10/22. Negotiations ongoing.

Hmm, is this possible?
The Corndog AD is adamant that 11/19 is not going to happen, because they can't play 3 road games in a row, because no one has ever had to do that ever.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Here's a good article explaining why moving up the WLOCP is basically impossible.

http://gridironnow.com/moving-florida-georgia-accommodate-lsu-uf-easier-said-done/

Actually the article says that it is very possible perhaps simple to move the UF v. UGa game though the author did not know that is wat he was showing. What the article says is that the SEC would be stepping on many toes if they did. CBS would not have a top game on the 29th. The Jags might well be put out if they could not have their configuration for the stadium. The city might have more costs. As far as all the other events and vactions etc, why cant they be after the game one year rather than leading up to the game?

Really since starting this tread I did think there is one good argument against moving UF v. UGa up a week. Jacksonville just went through this storm much more so that Gainesville. One would wonder if the city will be completely back to normal a week early?

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Actually the article says that it is very possible perhaps simple to move the UF v. UGa game though the author did not know that is wat he was showing. What the article says is that the SEC would be stepping on many toes if they did. CBS would not have a top game on the 29th. The Jags might well be put out if they could not have their configuration for the stadium. The city might have more costs. As far as all the other events and vactions etc, why cant they be after the game one year rather than leading up to the game?

Really since starting this tread I did think there is one good argument against moving UF v. UGa up a week. Jacksonville just went through this storm much more so that Gainesville. One would wonder if the city will be completely back to normal a week early?
I don't think you actually read the article. The stadium is set up completely differently for our game as opposed to when the Jaguars play there. Ticket counts are different and seating arrangements are different. There's absolutely no way they could change the stadium in time for the Jags game the next day. Zero chance. Not only that, they would have to announce it and start setting up in the next 24 hours at the absolute latest. Not gonna happen.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
PC's game with Coastal that day is NOT a conference game, as stated before, and Coastal is not eligible for postseason play due to their move up to FBS and the Sun Belt next season. PC could move easily with zero problem.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I don't think you actually read the article. The stadium is set up completely differently for our game as opposed to when the Jaguars play there. Ticket counts are different and seating arrangements are different. There's absolutely no way they could change the stadium in time for the Jags game the next day. Zero chance. Not only that, they would have to announce it and start setting up in the next 24 hours at the absolute latest. Not gonna happen.

Certainly I read the article about the Jags game experience, premium seating etc. It may not happen, but that does not mean it can not happen or is hard to do. You just need to have the will. Apparently the SEC does not have the will.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
I think the easiest way to play this game is so simple you all are missing it. Get LSU's best and our best have them meet at Jerry Jones Stadium and have them play NCAA16 on the big screen. Done and Done!

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I think the easiest way to play this game is so simple you all are missing it. Get LSU's best and our best have them meet at Jerry Jones Stadium and have them play NCAA16 on the big screen. Done and Done!

Last night I was thinking the same thing, but they wouldn't have to travel. You can do that all online I suppose.

But wait, the LSU AD would b*tch about not having the NCAA 2003 or 2007 games....the year they won the NCAA championships.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Certainly I read the article about the Jags game experience, premium seating etc. It may not happen, but that does not mean it can not happen or is hard to do. You just need to have the will. Apparently the SEC does not have the will.
The SEC can have all the will it wants in the world. If the stadium and the Jags don't want to do it, it's not going to happen. WE are the guests in THEIR house, not the other way around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.