The truth about Nussmeier's offense

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Okay. I'm not saying that Nussy is the second coming of the offensive genius of Spurrier or that I'm incredibly thrilled with the hiring. After all, Bama has studs all over the O-Line, RB, and WR. BUT, this perception that he flat out sucks and was fired from Bama is a crock of ****. I went to www.sports-reference.com - I'm not sure where Bama's offense dropped off. In fact, it seemed to have gotten better.

Much better than the crap we've had for the last 5 years or so...

I made the spreadsheet below from the data on that website. Nussy's years with Bama are highlighted in Green.

Attachments

• conv_1795.jpg
    conv_1795.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 35

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n142493 said:
Is that what your wife calls your little Wobble?

My wife's reaction when speaking of weeble: :hahaha:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TinyPic banned my IP address for some reason and they're not sure why. They asked me to use photo bucket in the meantime. But I can't get that to work properly there either. So I put it on the actual Excel creator on the website. Looks good on the website but it comes across like absolute crap on the app. Maybe I'll upload it as both.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n142502 said:
TinyPic banned my IP address for some reason and they're not sure why. They asked me to use photo bucket in the meantime. But I can't get that to work properly there either. So I put it on the actual Excel creator on the website. Looks good on the website but it comes across like absolute crap on the app. Maybe I'll upload it as both.

Have you tried taking a screenshot of the spreadsheet and this just uploading the shot like an image?

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n142503 said:
Have you tried taking a screenshot of the spreadsheet and this just uploading the shot like an image?

Have you gone back and looked at the original post?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I have nothing to say other than I truly suck.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I think he'll be good enough. The important thing is his familiarity and relationship with Mac. In this day and age of "we want it now" or else, I think it will allow there to be a smaller learning curve for the offense. Mac knows we've sucked and I'm sure he believes our best chance of immediate improvement is a fluid transition to his offense. DNuss was probably the best option. Plus he was unemployed.

Marshall Gator

Dec 7, 2014
I don't mind this hire one bit. The Bama fans liked him. I'm looking forward to watching it next year as long as we get some OL recruits who can contribute next year as true freshman. I'm in panic mode regarding the O-line and only having 5 linebackers for next year.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He'll be fine. He's nobody's first choice but he was a better oc at bama than kiffin.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
But it's not going to be freshmiers offense, it's going to be mcelwains. I expect it to be very petrino , spurrier like. Truly balanced and aggressive in the passing game. Also being able to adapt to his personnel is something I think he'll have in common with those two guys.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
One small caveat mentioned by the OP and then disappeared... stud OLs, RBs and WRs all over the Bama program during this Nussy talk... we haven't had RBs like that since the Errict Rhett, Fred baby, Earnest Graham days... Wide Outs the likes of Caldwell, Baker or Natiel... Lineman shoving and plowing like D Williams, Lomas Brown, Mo Collins or Pouncey... so hopefully we have a teacher that aspires unity, finds talent needs and develops it. I think Nuss has a WTF moment looking at the line that is now. Like everybody else, I just hope this is the beginning of the elevator ride back up to the Penthouse.

GatorSteve

Founding Member
Lounge Lizard
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
I just hope he can teach us that screen play that Bama runs and kicks our asses with every time we play them. Our screen game has been in the toilet for a while. Meyer ran quite a bit of WR screens because we had WR's who could block. I can't believe we haven't run effective screens to RB/WR for the entire Muschamp regime.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I definitely think we'll be ok with Nussmeier strictly because Mac knows what he is getting. Mac is putting a staff together of proven track records and relationships. You want chemistry and continuity for your team, well it starts with the HBC. The screen game in which some speak is what Mac used to perfection and lit our azzes up in ATL in '09. And it mainly goes on what the D gives you. Our corner bit so hard on the QB when Ingram set up the fake block, it was wide open. But that is just one play vs many of what Mac wants to accomplish. But yes we have not been able to run simple plays as this in FOREVER! I think UF will be fine and definitely better than we have been in years.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The reason the screen play hasn't been working for UF in quite a long time is because of our QBs. Driskel has zero touch on the ball and can't get a screen pass over the heads of the DLinemen swarming him, and Treon was too short to throw it over them. Both poorly suited to execute the HB screen that works so well when the other team is run blitzing nearly every down.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
GatorSteve;n142814 said:
I can't believe we haven't run effective screens to RB/WR for the entire Muschamp regime.
Our QB wasn't able to throw a screen pass.....Driskel always threw the ball behind them or at their feet. Believe it or not the key to a good screen play is throwing the ball where the receiver can catch and run without breaking stride.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.