There Is A Precedent That Can Be Followed

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Flash back to 30 years ago this fall. Charley Pell was let go in between games three and four due to the NCAA mess. Galen Hall, the OC who had just come on board that fall with Pell, and had roughly 10 years experience as an OC in his career, but zero experience as a head coach, was given the reins of the program, and led UF to their first SEC title on the field, no matter what Dooley, Dye, and Majors pulled.

Fast-forward to 2014. It is now the same time, between games three and four. We have an OC in place who is in his first year with the program, after serving for 11 years as an OC at Ole Miss and Duke, with no head coaching experience.

Alas, Bill Carr had balls back in 1984, and Foley's testicles are non-existent.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm all for firing Chimp today and promoting Roper to interim. Of course, I was for that in June.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
As much as I would hate to lose to UcheaT....I'm at the point that if that's what it takes, take one for the team & UF. Let it be done.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I've thought about that. The only problem I have is, with the exclusion of a hapless Eastern Michigan, our offense has been average to bad thus far. We've all been excited about Roper, but he hasn't exactly been very impressive.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Alagator;n56979 said:
I've thought about that. The only problem I have is, with the exclusion of a hapless Eastern Michigan, our offense has been average to bad thus far. We've all been excited about Roper, but he hasn't exactly been very impressive.

I think the difference would be that TH gets in a game. The playcalling is there, execution has been bad, and alot of that is on JD.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
On the plus side, around the 3 1/2 to 4 minute mark of Muschamp's interview on Gator Vision, he is asked about JD's play (and why not play Treon...the question is muffled so not sure of exactly what was asked)...he seems to hint that they may give Treon a closer look during the off week.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
I am all for replacing him with Roper for the season. I don't think you can tell what Roper's offense would look like without Muschamps's input.

When I hear Muschamp say all year we are going to do A and then he starts saying before games, essentially, we are not going to do A,, I start to pay attention. Then he follows it up by statements post games starting with "we decided"- and what "we" decided looks like his standard approach. At that point, I am more than a little suspicious that the offense we see is not Roper's model and is not what the team was led to believe would occur.

I understand, if the QB can't hit targets, is getting picked, it changes plans, but it looks too much like our defensive HC's philosophy in play, not Roper's.

And do you think Roper, left to himself, an OC that played 2 QB, would not have tried TH even for 1 series? As noted , the HC SAID harris would get significant playing time in games, but that has not happened either.

I want to see what Roper can do. I think the team needs some hope and they cannot believe in Muchchump.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
The number of morons here that want Muschamp to throw JD under the bus is ridiculous. He may be looking to make a change at QB, but he sure as hell is not going to put it out there for the burning torch crowd. The guy can't say what he actually thinks all the time. He knows what a portion of the fan base would do with it. He has too much respect for the kids. Unlike many of the tough guy posters.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I don't want JD under the bus, I want the UGA Dunce under it. The bye week is a perfect time to not delay the inevitable anymore, and send his ass north on I-75.

Sep 6, 2014
Coach9;n57441 said:
The number of morons here that want Muschamp to throw JD under the bus is ridiculous. He may be looking to make a change at QB, but he sure as hell is not going to put it out there for the burning torch crowd. The guy can't say what he actually thinks all the time. He knows what a portion of the fan base would do with it. He has too much respect for the kids. Unlike many of the tough guy posters.

If he had respect for his players, he'd bench the dead weight, born loser who's currently dragging his team down. Instead, Muschamp is selfishly sticking to his guns, results be damned.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
TheDoctorJones said:
Coach9;n57441 said:

If he had respect for his players, he'd bench the dead weight, born loser who's currently dragging his team down. Instead, Muschamp is selfishly sticking to his guns, results be damned.
Stay classy tough guy

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;n57441 said:
Coach, I still don't think you understand the concept of fan message boards.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
oxrageous said:
Coach9;n57441 said:
You know I'm here to provide balance. It's much to early in the season for a full on torch-bearer circle jerk. ;)

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
oxrageous said:
Coach9;n57441 said:
and that concept is pencil necked DBs can say anything they want because they are safe behind their screens. Or am I clueless also. How someone can say they are a huge fan of their team and at the same time say sh#t about said team and coaches is what confuses people with common sense. Oh yeah, I get the part that all of this is the grand scheme of getting the powers that be to make the coaching change so desired but it certainly comes across very juvenile.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TheDoctorJones;n57489 said:

Muschamp is to blame as he is the one keeping Driskel there even though he is terrible at the position. I think after the next loss Muschamp will start losing the team again like last season after Murphy injured his shoulder if a change isn't made at QB. The reasons for losing the team will be different but it will probably result in a really bad level of play again - a level which would make even another loss to Vandy not out of the question.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:
Coach9;n57441 said:
Juvenile? Again, welcome to fan message boards.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n57514 said:
Muschamp is to blame as he is the one keeping Driskel there even though he is terrible at the position. I think after the next loss Muschamp will start losing the team again like last season after Murphy injured his shoulder if a change isn't made at QB. The reasons for losing the team will be different but it will probably result in a really bad level of play again - a level which would make even another loss to Vandy not out of the question.

I think he has already lost them, or never really got them back from last season to begin with.

BoomTown

Founding Member
Mc's Red Headed Stepchild
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Jenny is spot on. In his halftime interview leaving the field, Slick Willy said "We need to run the ball more." I said then that we were done. He was going to head into the locker room, inject himself into the Offense and Bama would roll. We came out in the second half. His stellar defense couldn't get off the field, even through a 3rd and 23 screen pass, and Bama took the lead. What did we do? Shove Matt Jones up the gut three times, punt the ball and the game was over. It was no accident that our hapless offense went to full suck in the 2nd half. He can't help himself. Some people are just like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.