This Thread Sucks! (Just like Orlando)

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't really run much of anything I just do whatever my wife tells me to. She owns the largest single office Title Agency, at least our Underwriter tells us it is, in the state. I work there part time doing title searches, proofing policies and handle all of the B.S that comes from owning a couple of commercial properties as well as residential rentals.....which means when something goes wrong I call someone to fix it....Oh and besides those things my most important responsibility is dropping off and picking up our son from the private school we have to send him to since we live in the failing ghetto school district known as Orange County.....
Nice, congrats to you and the wife on what you, or she, has built.
Yes, the schools in your spot, terrible, but again, not all the schools are like the schools in your neighborhood.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Nice, congrats to you and the wife on what you, or she, has built.
Yes, the schools in your spot, terrible, but again, not all the schools are like the schools in your neighborhood.
I think I finally figured out where you are going wrong in your assumption of my neighborhood. Pine Castle and Belle Isle are not one in the same just as Winter Park and Eatonville are not the same. We are pretty much like Winter Park as far as Belle Isle city limits go or Orlando Country Club-Lake Highland would be to Parramore or Pine Hills. Ye....s we have crappy schools just like all of Orange County which is why kids from our neighborhood almost exclusively go to private schools just like kids in Winter Park mostly go to Trinity Prep or Bishop Moore if their catholic, same as Orlando CC area, most of those kids go to TFA or Lake Highland...We don't live in Pine Castle bro.....:exactly:

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The fact that you choose to live in the most dense, and now in the most crime ridden and worst infrastructure area of the city, is your choice man. Just accept your choices.

I'm hurling insults? My comments are only in response to yours perhaps you should check your own posts if you want to consider who is hurling insults.

So let me get this straight, Orlando sucks ass, you hate it, it's the worst ever, but it makes you shiit tons of money, so much so that you can't take your business anywhere else....is that what you're saying here? You didn't really think that one through there hoss.
Owning commercial and residential properties doesn't require you to live here. If you are making so much money with them, then you can afford to have them managed.
But let's be real, that isn't your interest here, there is literally not a topic that you couldn't get your panties in a wad about.

:facepalm: Now you're just being stupid. Cry me a fcking river man. I guess if you don't like where you live, just make shiit up about it. :thumbup: Or maybe you're talking about your neighborhood, which as we've already covered is by far the worst, but at the end of the day, is your choice to live in.

Seriously, you hate just to hate, and it's not just this city. Unless of course it's the fat ass coach of your wet dreams. :lol2:

I have to agree with you. Orlando is very diverse and has many different areas which are attractive to many different types of people. It has it advantages and disadvantages. My favorite thing about Orlando are the lakes. I grew up fishing the Butler chain of lakes and pulled some serious bass out of Lake Butler. I feel like this is the most undervalued thing about the area.

As for schools, if you want to see a crap fest come to Duval County. No one who wants their kids to have a real education sends them to public schools. The sales tax is higher here although property taxes and most importantly property values are much lower in Duval County. As for traffic, I would rather be on I-4 downtown Orlando at 5pm than heading southbound on 9a. You'll go about 10x further on I-4. Generally traffic is worse in Orlando though but there are alternatives.

Jacksonville does have a higher crime and murder rate but it is more concentrated to a few areas versus Orlando. At the end of the day, there are advantages and disadvantages to every city. If you don't like Orlando, you probably won't like any medium to large city.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think I finally figured out where you are going wrong in your assumption of my neighborhood. Pine Castle and Belle Isle are not one in the same just as Winter Park and Eatonville are not the same. We are pretty much like Winter Park as far as Belle Isle city limits go or Orlando Country Club-Lake Highland would be to Parramore or Pine Hills. Ye....s we have crappy schools just like all of Orange County which is why kids from our neighborhood almost exclusively go to private schools just like kids in Winter Park mostly go to Trinity Prep or Bishop Moore if their catholic, same as Orlando CC area, most of those kids go to TFA or Lake Highland...We don't live in Pine Castle bro.....:exactly:
I get what you are saying, and I'm speaking towards the entire area in general. It's just not a great area. Many other areas are decent, with pockets of shiit. Where you are is mostly shiit, with a pocket of nice.
I'm sure your immediate surroundings aren't bad, but the area in general is one of the worst, by far in this town. That's all I've ever said. I fully agree there are shiity things about Orlando, but there are shiity things about other major cities.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I get what you are saying, and I'm speaking towards the entire area in general. It's just not a great area. Many other areas are decent, with pockets of shiit. Where you are is mostly shiit, with a pocket of nice.
I'm sure your immediate surroundings aren't bad, but the area in general is one of the worst, by far in this town. That's all I've ever said. I fully agree there are shiity things about Orlando, but there are shiity things about other major cities.
10-4 We are surrounded by some crappy areas and I get that further west still has a little space to go but we are in a situation now where housing inventory is low in the area and so are interest rates.....Guess what that means, BINGO we're about to enter another building craze and there really is nowhere left on the eastside of the county. Once the westside fills in with "affordable houses" it will only take a few years to start crowding out the area.....
Like I said I've lived here almost all my life and LOVED central Florida but too much has changed and I need more elbow room....and to be waited on in English when I go into a store or business.....

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
10-4 We are surrounded by some crappy areas and I get that further west still has a little space to go but we are in a situation now where housing inventory is low in the area and so are interest rates.....Guess what that means, BINGO we're about to enter another building craze and there really is nowhere left on the eastside of the county. Once the westside fills in with "affordable houses" it will only take a few years to start crowding out the area.....
Like I said I've lived here almost all my life and LOVED central Florida but too much has changed and I need more elbow room....and to be waited on in English when I go into a store or business.....
Orlando is a quickly growing city, along with its suburbs, but that's the nature of the beast.
Most of the houses going in these days west of Orlando, and particularly south of 50, are bottom end 300k, which is double the median home value for Orlando, and goes way up from there, so not sure what you mean by "affordable", for whom?

As I suggested before, I don't plan to be here long term either. I've lived here my whole life, and am just about ready for some change. I'm really interested in eastern Tennessee, but with the step kid, we ain't going no where for another 4 years minimum.

Btw, learning a little spanish never hurt nobody, hell you might make a few more bucks in that business of yours ;)

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You're in the wrong part of Orlando for English speakers. :cool:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
You're in the wrong part of Orlando for English speakers. :cool:
Honestly it doesn't bother me that people speak another language in public. I got over that about 10 years ago. What bothers me is when I walk into a business and get waited on in Spanish.
You're right though because south Orlando became north Kissimmee about 15 years ago.....It will continue to spread in all directions through Downtown, into Altamonte and much to URG's chagrin even out west until it surrounds every little pocket of old Orlando. It's hard to believe one of the reasons I got divorced from my ex wife 17 years ago was because I DIDN'T want to leave this place....

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Urg is protective of Orlando like Ancient is of all states.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Worse than Sumatra, Belle Glade, Pahokee, or Immokalee?

I got the bright idea on the way to Fort Liquordale one time that I could save time by "cutting the corner" through Lehigh Acres. That took me straight through downtown Immokalee, which consists of a Shell station, a vegetable stand and a very large migrant worker dormitory shack on the right. In short, the place is kinda weird.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I got the bright idea on the way to Fort Liquordale one time that I could save time by "cutting the corner" through Lehigh Acres. That took me straight through downtown Immokalee, which consists of a Shell station, a vegetable stand and a very large migrant worker dormitory shack on the right. In short, the place is kinda weird.
Sounds like exactly what Concrete is looking for!

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014

I drove through Immokalee ever once in a while going from Gville to the Florida Panther National Wildlife Refuge while in grad school. I dared not stop. I still don't know how UF recruits people to work at the research station there in Immokalee. I guess they can commute in from Fort Myers, but still.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Sounds like exactly what Concrete is looking for!
Minus the migrant workers....hell I've got hundreds of thousands of those living all over the east side of Orlando....they migrated in about 12 or so years ago.....I keep waiting for them to migrate back out.
Actually Crete will be migrating somewhere coastal like Vero, Jupiter or Ponte Verde Beach in about 3-5 years, where they check the riff raff at the city limits signs.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.