Thought that's what happened watching it

KCgator

Superhero
Sep 7, 2014
I personally think this long hair crap has gotten out of hand. I'd love to see a rule where the hair can't cover the name on the jersey.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
This is America, you know. If he wants to risk being crippled by a horse mane tackle then that's his right.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
I mentioned it in the game thread. The announcers as usual were oblivious to it. Sorry Chris.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If the hair is out of the helmet is considered a part of the uniform. It is up to the player to make the decision if he wants to risk it. It was obvious on the play, but its not a horse collar unless they are using the inside of the shoulder pads to tackle.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yup, I've said for years they're idiots to play football with their hair that long.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
KCgator;n114976 said:
I personally think this long hair crap has gotten out of hand. I'd love to see a rule where the hair can't cover the name on the jersey.
:racist:

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
My brother is a biker. He was one of those guys that railed against helmet laws. He used to only wear a Harley bandana on his head and sunglasses.....that is until he laid that bad boy down four years ago. He wears a helmet now. He said it wasn't worth getting his brains splattered all over the highway next time. It seems that Matt Jones would figure that out as well. As long as he's got the mane more than likely he get's yanked to the plain. Coach should really have a rule there......

Hotrod

Founding Member
R.I.P.
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
KCgator;n114976 said:

This ought to do it. :fingertap:

Attachments

• conv_1396.jpg
    conv_1396.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 46

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
PaulDrake;n115066 said:
My brother is a biker. He was one of those guys that railed against helmet laws. He used to only wear a Harley bandana on his head and sunglasses.....that is until he laid that bad boy down four years ago. He wears a helmet now. He said it wasn't worth getting his brains splattered all over the highway next time. It seems that Matt Jones would figure that out as well. As long as he's got the mane more than likely he get's yanked to the plain. Coach should really have a rule there......

Organ donors. That's what they call helmetless riders.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Players with long hair should do what Cordarrelle Patterson does, he keeps it rolled up.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
Seems like some of these heads of hair would reduce the protective ability of the helmet. Really cant imagine what the helmet would feel like on some of these mops.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
michael-clarke-duncan-lg.jpg

Much better look.

WillGetIn

Founding Member
Stalker
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I would bet that getting your hair pulled with that hair style with a helmet on, would not be particularly painful. Its like laying on a bed of nails. The force is all spread out and absorbed. That being said, I wouldn't want to give the D another option in tackling me.

WillGetIn

Founding Member
Stalker
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
In last nights Buffalo-Jets game, the Jets player Chris Ivory was dragged down by his hair too, rather violently.... :owned:

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I seem to remember a play where the Miami Dolphins' Ricky Williams was tackled by his hair like that...and the defender ended up with a big wad of it in his hand. I think Ricky decided to get a haircut after that.

Alex.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator