Thoughts from Saturday

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n52108 said:
Kind of disagree with 8 and 10. We have D.Rob, and a bunch of Deonte Thompsons. At least that's what it looks like so far...Oh, and I wouldn't really call our QB play suspect. Jeff is just Jeff. Loads of talent, but will have a few head scratching moments each game.

8. pre-season I heard that we had no WR's..
10. so I should leave out the word "still"?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
The comment about Muschamp on the sideline in OT is a great one. He looked defeated. Again, great job by the kids to pull one out. But he looked like he KNEW it was over for him here. I think it is just a matter of time.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Turk182;n52121 said:
8. pre-season I heard that we had no WR's..
10. so I should leave out the word "still"?

I just don't consider Jeff suspect. He's a decent QB who has good moments and bad moments like pretty much every other QB in the game. No QB is perfect on every throw. No starting QB in the history of football has ever gone without throwing a pick here and there. It happens in the heat and confusion of a football game.

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
T REX said:
The comment about Muschamp on the sideline in OT is a great one. He looked defeated. Again, great job by the kids to pull one out. But he looked like he KNEW it was over for him here. I think it is just a matter of time.

Unless you can read his mind comments like this are stupid.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n52030 said:
Uh, we've only played two games. Now we get to the hard ones. Unfortunately, I think we may have some more bad games.

No idea how this season is going to go. You just don't know what a team is capable of this early on in a season. 2008 we lose to an unranked Ole Miss team with our most talented team in school history and our winningest coach. Obviously we aren't going to repeat that but might we win the SEC? Its possible. Could we end up .500? Also possible.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
8802Gator said:
T REX said:

Yeah because you can never tell anything by someone's expression. You're right...my bad. LOL. Hilarious.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
I'm like most on here in that I don't have a clue what we have. Watching the SEC Network last night, it was interesting to get Chizik's perspective of the game and the other commentators. They believe that there is much more positives from his game than negatives. They all felt we have a shot at Alabama. I really want to continue seeing improvement week to week. It's only been two games and I can't tell if this is a team only slightly better than last year or last years team in disguise. Right now, it has moments of both.

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
8802Gator said:
T REX said:

So you can read minds.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
By season's end, we can be the best team in the East but lose the title with 2-3 losses. We are growing out of last year's
turribleness, with all things new.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n52138 said:
I just don't consider Jeff suspect. He's a decent QB who has good moments and bad moments like pretty much every other QB in the game. No QB is perfect on every throw. No starting QB in the history of football has ever gone without throwing a pick here and there. It happens in the heat and confusion of a football game.

I think most of us think, preponderance, when reflecting on Driskel's game. It's more cluster than clutch, timid than moxie, jinxed than blessed and lacking in what can be termed a hallmark big game/championship win. His next chance is this weekend. We can only hope he finds a consistent game that raises the play of those around him on the field. Go Gators!!

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
8802Gator said:
T REX said:

Reading minds aside, I would not classify his body language as inspirational to watch.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
8802Gator;n52047 said:
From what I saw out of towles and their wr's Kentucky is gonna give Georgia and USCe all they want. I think people are seeing the big picture with the score in this game and forgetting that a few caught passes and ints here and there and that is a 34-17 type of game against a tough UK team. Also, aside from Amari Cooper UK's qb and wrs are better than what we are gonna see in from Ala. VH3 is gonna be on Cooper. After that it is stop the run and keep contain on Sims. I might be wrong but I think we give Ala a hell of a game and have a good shot at winning the damn thing.

Couldn't that same thing be said by Kentucky? JD could have tossed a few more INTs, their WR's dropped a few passes, we got a few calls that went our way, etc....

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
8802Gator said:
T REX said:

8802: You've never been able to read a person's expressions? Seriously? You must be a card carrying pumper.

Some people wear their emotions on their sleeve. Muschamp does it all the time. Ask one of your fellow pumpers and they'll probably agree. Or don't...I don't really care.

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
8802Gator said:
T REX said:

And now you are claiming to know me after reading a few messages on a forum. You must be all about assumptions. You may have guessed what he was thinking, but I highly doubt in that moment in overtime he was thinking about his job security. If I may be so bold he may have been thinking about ways to beat Kentucky. Which he did. Our players played with enough confidence to win a triple overtime, so excuse me if I think it is a little stupid for you to try and figure out what our coach was thinking in a split second of an overtime game through a facial expression. Sorry if my cautious optimism after a hard fought win has penetrated your world of doom and gloom.

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
BMF said:
8802Gator;n52047 said:
From what I saw out of towles and their wr's Kentucky is gonna give Georgia and USCe all they want. I think people are seeing the big picture with the score in this game and forgetting that a few caught passes and ints here and there and that is a 34-17 type of game against a tough UK team. Also, aside from Amari Cooper UK's qb and wrs are better than what we are gonna see in from Ala. VH3 is gonna be on Cooper. After that it is stop the run and keep contain on Sims. I might be wrong but I think we give Ala a hell of a game and have a good shot at winning the damn thing.

Couldn't that same thing be said by Kentucky? JD could have tossed a few more INTs, their WR's dropped a few passes, we got a few calls that went our way, etc....

Of course you can. In every game a team misses plays that would impact the game. The difference is we missed at least 10 huge plays in drops alone, whereas kentuckys wrs climbed the ladder for a couple deep balls here and there. Both teams missed on some things but we missed on a lot more and still pulled it out in the end. That is encouraging to me.

It isnt that we werent in position or just dont have the athletes, we were in perfect position but didnt execute. That is the easiest thing to fix for coaches and players.

Mudd

Lurker
Aug 19, 2014
oxrageous;n52030 said:
Uh, we've only played two games. Now we get to the hard ones. Unfortunately, I think we may have some more bad games.

True but consider this,
USCe played 2 SEC games so far looked good in 1 game and very bad in another, both at home.
If it would have been Kentucky and not T a&m would it have been a close game or even a UK win?

I know under WM we seem to play a lot more bad game than we should, but it is true all teams have bad games. Football is a game of inches and the ball has an odd shape, sometimes things don't go your way.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
G8RNGA;n52216 said:
Watching the SEC Network last night, it was interesting to get Chizik's perspective of the game and the other commentators.
I need to watch that. Chizik and Mush's mindsets are so similar.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch said:
oxrageous;n52033 said:
That's true. I could picture us winning this week or losing by 30. I am utterly clueless about this team.

I'm utterly clueless about most of the teams in CFB this year. It's going to be a very, very weird season.
We've already seen the weirdness. Va Tech beating Ohio then losing to East Carolina, SC getting utterly trounced at home versus TexA&M, then beating UGA, who looked like NC contenders against Clemson. West Virginia giving Bama all they could handle, OK State doing the same to FSU. In keeping with the weirdness, I think it appropriate that a Florida team who barely escaped Kentucky at home, goes on the road and handles Bama. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.