Thoughts going forward and on the Missouri game?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Can anyone explain why the 5th string RB is playing meaningful downs? This coaching staff is lost. This offense is a disaster.
Zero clue. NONE. As I said in the box, it certainly isnt bc he knows the playbook bc LDR had to correct his position then walk over to him to start him in motion.

No idea why he is even on the roster sucking a scholly instead of ANYONE who looks a DT or someone who might develop into a DT.

No clue.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Right now IMO Perrine is our #1 and Scarlett #2. Why they are still switching is beyond me. I thought that Mac wanted to go with the hot hand. hmmm.

L-boy

BANNED
Oct 16, 2014
I'm not as negative as a lot of you. I'm still not exactly sure what I'm looking at. I see spurts of greatness and spurts of mediocrity. This game wasn't pretty but we handled them pretty easily.

Looking back, we struggled with VANDY but perhaps they aren't that bad given today. We put up more offense than we have in 15 years vs KY. We played a solid first half of football vs TN. Our defense at times has looked dominant. There is obviously some talent out there on the field.

Now mix that in with a lot of mediocre offensive play, way too many penalties and perhaps the worst half of football vs TN I can remember.

Mix that in with fairly mediocre and beatable opponents of GA, LSU and FSU and ARK is decent but beatable.

Where does that leave us? We still have an outside chance of getting to SEC championship and getting our asses handed to us by Bama.

The Shady Grove Gator

Relapsed Wise-Ass
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Going forward for LDR if he even gets invited to the Combine...will he get the "small hands" diagnosis? Just basing that on the slips, slaps, sloops and INTS coming off his arm in this game.

L-boy

BANNED
Oct 16, 2014
Going forward for LDR if he even gets invited to the Combine...will he get the "small hands" diagnosis? Just basing that on the slips, slaps, sloops and INTS coming off his arm in this game.

He is definitely not NFL material. He made some poor decisions and underthrows today. I am hoping some of that is him coming off of injury. He will never light the world on fire but is capable of playing better.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
He is definitely not NFL material. He made some poor decisions and underthrows today. I am hoping some of that is him coming off of injury. He will never light the world on fire but is capable of playing better.

I'm hoping his left knee is still not perfect(or he was hesitant with it) because he never seemed to step into his throws. I've seen him throw better than he did tonight. Should be visible and an obvious fix on tape for the uga game.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Ok, some of this is hard to read. You are all talking about a QB that just started his 4th game. Sorry he is not a Heisman winner already.

No one expects him to be a heisman winner. But most of us recognize he doesn't have the physical ability to seriously compete against truly elite defenses. He's short, has a noodle arm, isn't athletic, and is a statue. That is a bad combination. We aren't winning anything with him at QB.

The Shady Grove Gator

Relapsed Wise-Ass
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
'Tis my only hope that we have a healthy DT and not a DE that weighs less than 275 back for the Arky game or the Hawgs are gonna run wild.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The simplest, easiest attainable solution is for LDR to play himself into better QB skills, within 2 weeks.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think Perine may be the best overall but I haven't really watched him block. Scarlett runs the hardest probably but I made it a point to watch Scarlett blocking a few times today and he did a crappy job blocking again on a few plays I watched.
I didn't see it quite that way Fever, but to be fair I watched the first half and listened to the 2nd. Thought Scarlett was better than last game with blocking. A porous OL doesn't help him. But it is what it is. Thought the rest of your OP was good.
I'm not as negative as a lot of you. I'm still not exactly sure what I'm looking at. I see spurts of greatness and spurts of mediocrity. This game wasn't pretty but we handled them pretty easily.

Looking back, we struggled with VANDY but perhaps they aren't that bad given today. We put up more offense than we have in 15 years vs KY. We played a solid first half of football vs TN. Our defense at times has looked dominant. There is obviously some talent out there on the field.

Now mix that in with a lot of mediocre offensive play, way too many penalties and perhaps the worst half of football vs TN I can remember.

Mix that in with fairly mediocre and beatable opponents of GA, LSU and FSU and ARK is decent but beatable.

Where does that leave us? We still have an outside chance of getting to SEC championship and getting our asses handed to us by Bama.
I think you are seeing inconsistency on many levels.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Honestly we left points al over the field today due to penalties and bad QB play(bad throws).
I want to say that it is because of the off week, rust, weather or whatever but it's not. We've seen the same performance over and over for the 1st half of the season......It's more of a mindset I believe. We have a few nice players but when was the last time anyone can remember a offensive player just taking control of a game for us.....great coaches or hell even good coaches identify players who can dominate or at least manipulate the way opposing defenses have to play you. Our coaches seem to view our skill position players like they are just all interchangeable and of equal value regardless of the situation......

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Honestly we left points al over the field today due to penalties and bad QB play(bad throws).
I want to say that it is because of the off week, rust, weather or whatever but it's not. We've seen the same performance over and over for the 1st half of the season......It's more of a mindset I believe. We have a few nice players but when was the last time anyone can remember a offensive player just taking control of a game for us.....great coaches or hell even good coaches identify players who can dominate or at least manipulate the way opposing defenses have to play you. Our coaches seem to view our skill position players like they are just all interchangeable and of equal value regardless of the situation......
I think the last time I remember a player taking over a game for us was Trey Burton against UK 2010 when he had 6 TD. So it's been 6 years.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
BTW, if we had not SHYT the bed against UT, we basically we have already qualified for the SEC CG. However b/c we SHYT the bed and continue to look below mediocre I expect 2 more SEC losses. Would love to be a pumper but my 2 eyes with clear vision (even thru today's rain) tell me otherwise.
You act as if this was not expected. If we lose only 2 more I'd proclaim great success. 4 loses average. 5 a failure.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Lack of depth is much of what we see too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.