Thoughts going forward and on the Missouri game?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
This silly recurring nag is tiring : This game was played a lot like this is a freshmen-like team.
Now, at each coming game, we'll see them grow and develop into an effective team.
Cleveland and Calloway will become dual stars. I must point out how the dedicated concentration that
Brandon Powell continually shows.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Not completely, but each game is its own and regardless of how we got there, it was a win with 500+ yards of offense. No I have no illusions of grandeur, but damn can we wait 12 hours before the bytching and moaning about how we suck and Mac sucks and LDR sucks and we all just suck starts.
I guess, since it's a win I should go into my old POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE SONG, "I feel healthy, happy and terrific, happy and terrific is how I feel, I feel healthy happy and terrific, better than a million dollar bill."

I get it. I wish I could get over the Gator Blues. But God, what a poorly coached team. LDR was the 2nd worse player on the field only surpassed by their QB. David Sharp is extremely dull. Callaway, I've come to realize is just plain stupid. What reason does a guy catch 2 punts on the 2 and follow it up with two false starts. WR's don't go on the count, they wait for the snap. etc. I think Hee Haw thinks he's intelligent but he's delusional. It seems that he can't coach or recruit. We are in some deep doo doo going forward.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
If I ever need a funeral dirge to run through my head I just come read these posts,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Yeah, I guess 40-14 is a win............. :rolleyes4:

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I sure do get as frustrated as many Gator fans and those on this board. It almost seems as if this team and staff need that "catalyst" that just makes the switch flip on. But I am also glad we are where we're at. It could be worse and still all of our goals are in front of us. A big hill to climb, but still it's there. I think continuity is what this team really needs and who knows the depths of how bad things were. Seems we can't catch a break. A suspension here, and game cancelled there, etc. Just hope that all settles down and they just simply focus on playing football.

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
I'm gonna give LDR the benefit of the doubt for this one game. I thought his passes looked much better before the injury and if he is unable to transfer fully to his left knee then that would explain why the passes looked like shyt most of the day. He'll have 2 weeks and should looked much better against UGA, hopefully.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
It seems like we run that boot look 1 yard pass to the TE every third play.
Hell I run that with my 11/12 yr old team. It isn't complicated at all for their age.

One thing that's noticeably disappeared has been the TE wheel route. We ran it with pretty good success last year with McGee and Goolsby, but I honestly can't remember a single time we've ran it this season.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Hell I run that with my 11/12 yr old team. It isn't complicated at all for their age.

One thing that's noticeably disappeared has been the TE wheel route. We ran it with pretty good success last year with McGee and Goolsby, but I honestly can't remember a single time we've ran it this season.
We've ran it. Usually the guy is open, but our QB's keep missing them. They ran it against Mizzou and the announcers pointed it out that he had Goolsby open for a touchdown and instead threw into double coverage. That being said missing McGee has been huge in our TE scheme.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
We've ran it. Usually the guy is open, but our QB's keep missing them. They ran it against Mizzou and the announcers pointed it out that he had Goolsby open for a touchdown and instead threw into double coverage. That being said missing McGee has been huge in our TE scheme.
I guess I haven't noticed, because it hasn't worked. :lol:

rockinchair

Dec 11, 2015
LDR sucked on Saturday, for sure.

Got to give him credit for one thing, though. He's not afraid to throw the ball down the field. It doesn't always make it as far as it needs to, but at least he has the balls to chuck it every now and then.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Exactly. As ridiculous as it may sound, winning these coming games is only going to prolong us from getting to our ultimate goal of being among the elite with a real chance of competing for a National Championship. Why? Because it gives Mac a "good record" even though, as we saw with Muschamp, we all know it's only fool's gold. Our offense is putrid. It's not anywhere near close to being SEC championship caliber let alone NC caliber. We have playmakers but not the complete package that will enable them to make plays. Mac will squeak by on defense and win enough games to give him a good record on paper and show him to be a successful coach. At least in the short term. I hate feeling this way but unfortunately we've seen this played out before. We'll continue to postpone the inevitable by having 9-4, 8-5 or even 10-3 records using good defense and aggravating an uninspiring offense. Meanwhile, our resurgence to the elite level will remain in limbo.

Yep. Fool's Gold.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

Every time the camera focused on LDR's long underthrows in double coverage in the endzone, I couldn't help
but think he had a 10-15 yard receiver wide open in the middle ? That would be a much sharper passing attack.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Every time the camera focused on LDR's long underthrows in double coverage in the endzone, I couldn't help
but think he had a 10-15 yard receiver wide open in the middle ? That would be a much sharper passing attack.
he probably does. everybody loves the long ball/exciting plays, but if you can just march down the field with 10-15 yard completions and actually get points then that is just as good to keep our D off the field as long as possible. I am happy he can launch it rather than sitting on it until he is sacked at least.

Funniest quote I saw though was regarding Eddy. It seems like his long attempts are effortless and someone compared him to the kid who fails calculus because he is bored and then when he gets to the AP classes he aces everything.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Unless Foley decides to cancel the season, we get 5 or 6 more chances to under perform!

Fishon

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Look guys, I'm not saying it's not ok to complain or have high expectations for your team. But y'all are some miserable mf'ers. Life's too short to nitpick the wins

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
If I ever need a funeral dirge to run through my head I just come read these posts,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Yeah, I guess 40-14 is a win............. :rolleyes4:
Coach, you keep saying how every post in every thread is just complaining about the team, but every post of yours in every thread is complaining about the complainers. If you hate reading the posts on this board so much, why keep signing on to do so?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.