Thoughts going forward and on the Missouri game?

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
No one expects him to be a heisman winner. But most of us recognize he doesn't have the physical ability to seriously compete against truly elite defenses. He's short, has a noodle arm, isn't athletic, and is a statue. That is a bad combination. We aren't winning anything with him at QB.
And slow to throw. However can see the field, makes good decisions except where he does not have the arm to get the ball there.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Any way you slice the banana -- recruiting, player development, scheme, motivation, starting all over again with a new regime -- it's gonna take longer to reach our goals than many of you want to see.

We are a one-time five-star program with a three-star coach. Better get used to it.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Can't remember when winning made me feel so dirty.........

Oh wait, two weeks ago......

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So I'm guessing we just tank the rest of the season so we can get the #1 draft pick??...

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We have to get these penalties corrected and try not to accidently win games like these

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
down_graph-blogthumbnail.jpg

It's a pretty steep drop after our 1's

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
And slow to throw. However can see the field, makes good decisions except where he does not have the arm to get the ball there.
During the spring game he was getting the ball out super quick. They must've fed him what the defense was going to be and where to go, because I've yet to really see a quick decision.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
The thing that unnerved me was in a post game interview. I don't remember if it was on field, or the presser. It was probably the first, so I will give Mac some slack for words just spilling out of his mouth. However, they shot through me.

He said something like "I don't know what's wrong " or " cant' tell what's wrong", something similar, but I honestly think it was the first one. Then he followed it with, " but we'll get it fixed". It was deja vu Muschamp. Sinking feeling. And I'm thinking, what do you mean you don't know, it's your job to know. Not reassuming. As has been said so many times, it the coach doesn't know what is wrong, how can it get fixed?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
The thing that unnerved me was in a post game interview. I don't remember if it was on field, or the presser. It was probably the first, so I will give Mac some slack for words just spilling out of his mouth. However, they shot through me.

He said something like "I don't know what's wrong " or " cant' tell what's wrong", something similar, but I honestly think it was the first one. Then he followed it with, " but we'll get it fixed". It was deja vu Muschamp. Sinking feeling. And I'm thinking, what do you mean you don't know, it's your job to know. Not reassuming. As has been said so many times, it the coach doesn't know what is wrong, how can it get fixed?
Yeah it seems pretty clear that there is an issue with him adjusting or changing things up. One of the biggest issues is formations and use of direction or misdirection which is non existent within our offense....We have 4 or 5 plays that we run in every game that the defense seems like they're in our huddle because as soon as thy play starts they on it like stink on you know what, yet well run them 2 or 3 times each per game.
Either the players have hit a ceiling on how many and what plays they can execute or our coaches need help opening the rest of the playbook...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We have 4 or 5 plays that we run in every game that the defense seems like they're in our huddle because as soon as thy play starts they on it like stink on you know what, yet well run them 2 or 3 times each per game.
It seems like we run that boot look 1 yard pass to the TE every third play.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
He didn't make horrible decisions and the playbook was larger and we looked more organized.

Curious what you define as horrible decisions... Generally most sane people believe throwing into double coverage multiple times is a bad decision but to each their own I suppose.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Finally watched the game today and I think with LDR we tend to move the chains a bit better but he leaves a lot to be desired in decision making.. I'm not sure he knows how to go through progressions... Too many times he lofted a ball up without seeing if his number one target was even open.

I came away impressed within Jawaan.. Kid is gonna be a first rounder one day..

Also the fact that Herndon played is mind blowing..... Shorten the God damn rotation already

Cleveland looks like a good threat alongside callawsy... We just have a noodle arm for a qb.. I hope we look to develop and start trssk or Franks next year

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Well, if you look at our schedule that's all I see. UGA is a dumpster fire. I'm watching LSU struggle at home to Southern Miss - they look like a joke. The wheels have come off for FSU.

Honestly, our toughest game looks like Arkansas. The schedule is a joke and we're going to win more games than we have any business winning.
Exactly. As ridiculous as it may sound, winning these coming games is only going to prolong us from getting to our ultimate goal of being among the elite with a real chance of competing for a National Championship. Why? Because it gives Mac a "good record" even though, as we saw with Muschamp, we all know it's only fool's gold. Our offense is putrid. It's not anywhere near close to being SEC championship caliber let alone NC caliber. We have playmakers but not the complete package that will enable them to make plays. Mac will squeak by on defense and win enough games to give him a good record on paper and show him to be a successful coach. At least in the short term. I hate feeling this way but unfortunately we've seen this played out before. We'll continue to postpone the inevitable by having 9-4, 8-5 or even 10-3 records using good defense and aggravating an uninspiring offense. Meanwhile, our resurgence to the elite level will remain in limbo.

Last edited:

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Curious what you define as horrible decisions... Generally most sane people believe throwing into double coverage multiple times is a bad decision but to each their own I suppose.
When he threw the ball they were not covered or only single coverage. There was no power in his throws. Defenders had time to converge.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Any way you slice the banana -- recruiting, player development, scheme, motivation, starting all over again with a new regime -- it's gonna take longer to reach our goals than many of you want to see.

We are a one-time five-star program with a three-star coach. Better get used to it.
That's why I'd prefer to go ahead and make the move sooner than later. Figure out who you want and make them an offer they can't refuse. We're soon to be just like the Richt led Dwags....minus the top 10 classes every year.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That's why I'd prefer to go ahead and make the move sooner than later. Figure out who you want and make them an offer they can't refuse. We're soon to be just like the Richt led Dwags....minus the top 10 classes every year.

That's at least half the risk of botching a hire. Not only do you have to go back to square one, you have to appease various factions by waiting out a year or two going back to square one even after you're relatively certain you need to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator