Thoughts on Kelvin Taylor

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
NavetG8r;n300255 said:
He'd probably put Herndon out there as the starter. I believe he is a Senior. Although he also has put the ball on the ground, even if JMac wants to blame Treon. The ball was put in his gut.

Yes, Herndon has gotten 1 carry (after game 1) and he immediately fumbled.

I think LSU and UGA have shown the value of the FB. I know Bama uses one (and used one when McElwain was there). I'd like to see us develop a good FB....and use him. Especially while we have OL issues. Next year's OL is still going to be young, w/ 2 new starters and several true Sophmores.

It's game 8...I was really hoping the OL would have improved more by now.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
BMF;n300462 said:

Typically, it takes 2 off seasons in the weight room for O-Linemen to be SEC ready. That's the problem. Because of our lack of depth, we're forced to play true Freshmen and redshirt Freshmen just to field an Offensive Line. They aren't SEC ready strength wise. Nothing we can do but weather the storm this season and hope they make significant progress in the upcoming off season.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n300202 said:
Hmmmm, somehow I thought it was the exact opposite. Crunk hurt and Scarlett unable to hold onto the ball.

I think you're right.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
BMF;n300462 said:
They aren't going to improve during the season. These kids are getting cortisone shots in their joints and sitting in ice whirlpools just to be able to play each week. You can bet everyone of them is dinged up. It's just a question of how much.

If we have a big improvement, it will be after bowl prep. We may have a little improvement next game after an off week, which is often a hellish week for the players BTW because the coaches feel like they can push them. It's also enough time for the coaches to move kids around or change schemes. It's hard to do that with only 20 hours of practice during a game week, some of which should be devoted to ST although I'm not sure this coaching staff has done that.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He's very Derrick Henry-ish IMO.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n300465 said:
Typically, it takes 2 off seasons in the weight room for O-Linemen to be SEC ready. That's the problem. Because of our lack of depth, we're forced to play true Freshmen and redshirt Freshmen just to field an Offensive Line. They aren't SEC ready strength wise. Nothing we can do but weather the storm this season and hope they make significant progress in the upcoming off season.
We also have a one maybe two juco transfers come in aswell this signing class. Our oline should actually be pretty solid next year.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;n300771 said:
Apparently Auburn is supposed to be renewing their push for him.
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. If he goes somewhere else, I'll bet my left leg it isn't Awbarn.

Muskstank accomplished.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Here's hoping we get the KT performance from last year's ugay game, this year.

Circle City Gator

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
JUCOs are rarely everything they're purported to be, and they have never competed at the SEC level. Believing they can come in right away and play at SEC speed and strength is wishful thinking. It happens, but not very often.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n300803 said:
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. If he goes somewhere else, I'll bet my left leg it isn't Awbarn.

Muskstank accomplished.
Oh I'm not saying he'll go, just that Auburn is taking another shot at him.
Most of his stuff on twitter is Gator so I'd bet he'll probably still be coming here. Dude is huge and fast. Our own Fournette perhaps?

Jand3k

I Don't Re Member
Sep 12, 2014
Between him and Thompson and the current stable of RB's already on our roster, UF will be loaded at the position for 2016!!!!

It'll be a good problem to have.

:chomp:

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Presented without comment or opinion:mad:osgators: #Gators average 2.86 yards per rushing attempt during SEC play, last in the conference.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I think KT is doing a good job. He isn't amazing, but he is also running behind an offensive line that has a lot of issues and against LSU he was running against a D that was keying off the run to force Treon to pass the ball. If Will was playing the D would have been respecting the pass more and that in itself would have opened more lanes for KT. Georgia is going to do the same thing... they are going to load the box and force Treon to beat them with his arm. Treon needs to make some plays throwing the ball early to make UGA drop back and respect the pass.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;n300828 said:
Oh I'm not saying he'll go, just that Auburn is taking another shot at him.
Most of his stuff on twitter is Gator so I'd bet he'll probably still be coming here. Dude is huge and fast. Our own Fournette perhaps?

Don't get your hopes up. Fournette is a once in a decade type player and easily the best RB since Adrian Peterson. McGriff will probably be more similar to a healthy Matt Jones, which isn't a bad thing.

Regarding KT, I think he is doing well this year considering the blocking that he is getting on the O-line. Those guys are simply not strong enough yet to push many guys around. Fantastic coaching is the only reason why they are barely serviceable this year. I expect the running game will be significantly better next year just because the O-line will be physically and mentally stronger. The future is very bright.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n300840 said:
I think KT is doing a good job. He isn't amazing, but he is also running behind an offensive line that has a lot of issues and against LSU he was running against a D that was keying off the run to force Treon to pass the ball. If Will was playing the D would have been respecting the pass more and that in itself would have opened more lanes for KT. Georgia is going to do the same thing... they are going to load the box and force Treon to beat them with his arm. Treon needs to make some plays throwing the ball early to make UGA drop back and respect the pass.

Treon beat then with 3-6 passing last year... 12 attempts this year?

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n300877 said:
Treon beat then with 3-6 passing last year... 12 attempts this year?

Not sure if you noticed, but our OL is not the same as last year... plus... UGA might be a little focused on the run after what happened last year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator