Time to Flood Scott's Inbox

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
GAWD DAMN our admin is full of puzzies. Even scrotUM acts like they care.

Source: Blake James out as athletic director of Miami Hurricanes

Athletic director Blake James is out at Miami, two days after the Hurricanes' football team lost at Florida State, a source told ESPN's Adam Rittenberg on Monday.

The move comes about six weeks after school president Julio Frenk released a letter to the university community insisting he would increase his involvement with athletics and saying that "we are fully committed to building championship-caliber teams at The U."

Football -- the biggest part of Miami's athletic brand -- has struggled again this season. Miami is 19-15 in coach Manny Diaz's three seasons, including 5-5 this season. The Hurricanes wasted an eight-point lead in the final minutes of a 31-28 loss to Florida State on Saturday.

James was part of the decision-making group that hired Diaz in 2018, luring him away from a job at Temple that he'd held for less than a month. Diaz had been Miami's defensive coordinator under Mark Richt, and when Richt resigned on Dec. 30, 2018, the Hurricanes needed only a few hours before completing a deal with Diaz.

James last month offered tepid support for the third-year coach, telling ESPN's Andrea Adelson, "It's too hard to look into the future. I don't know what's going to happen, again. I think everyone's constantly being evaluated, and you make the decisions that you feel are best for the program."

Sources told ESPN this weekend that if Miami were to fire Diaz, James would not have been the person hiring the next coach

Hers is what I take from this. The Prez says he will become more involved in athletics. Fuxxxxx does not even know we have athletics and does not give a shyt.

The last paragraph should be posted on our AD's door in Crayola so both Fooley and Strichnine can understand it.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Don't give a shyt what happens in OT. Just emailed Strichnine before OT!. Told him the entire admin is a complete joke!

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Where is Scott Stricklin? Was he at the game today? Nothing on his Twitter page since October 7th and he never went more than six days without putting something up all summer through September 25th.

Scottie was at the game last night.
I saw him a few times on the sidelines quite a distance from the team.
I was hoping this meant that there was going to be a tarmac incident but apparently not.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Mullen isn’t tweeting much either. It’s as if there’s a pact of silence brewing.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
As a Gator alum and proud supporter of all UF athletics it breaks my heart to see what is happening to our football program under the current leadership. I will spare all the vitriolic banter that I am sure has filled this box over the past few weeks.

However, it is past time to part ways with Dan Mullen and the sooner the better. Don't wait until the end of the season, do it now. The season is a lost cause at this point and perhaps getting the process going early will save the recruiting class, what's left of it, and keep some of our players out of the portal.

Some have stated that UF football is no longer the attraction for great coaching candidates that it once was. I don't believe that for a minute but I do believe that we have to be willing to demonstrate a lack of tolerance for a coaching staff that can't deliver the product on the field that every Gator fan expects. And no, it doesn't mean going undefeated or playing for a NC every year. What it does mean is beating the teams we should beat and being very competitive in EVERY game we play. It means not embarrassing our proud University with post game press conferences that sound more like a SNL skit than a competent head coach that wants to deliver on the Gator standard, not just talk about. And it means taking full responsibility for failures and then addressing them in ways that actually have positive results.

The Gator Nation is begging you to begin the process of repairing the damage and give us back our once great football program.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I just sent Strichnine a thank you note. Of course I sent a dig saying it was years too late and maybe after double digit years, maybe a new group of interns can finally get it right.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Interesting that I received a form email from Stricklin today. Since I don't contribute to the booster or alumni clubs, I haven't been on anyone's mailing list recently. I can't say he read my email but somebody must have logged it. Maybe we fans had some influence after all?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.