Tom Sizemore = no further hope

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Tom-Sizemore.jpg

Tom Sizemore: No further hope for actor after brain aneurysm

The family of US actor Tom Sizemore are "deciding end of life matters" after he suffered a ruptured brain aneurysm, his manager has said.

Sizemore, 61, is known for roles in films like Saving Private Ryan, Black Hawk Down and Natural Born Killers.
He also had drug problems and served jail time for domestic violence.
Charles Lago told US media: "Today doctors informed his family that there is no further hope and have recommended end of life decision."

He added: "The family is now deciding end of life matters and a further statement will be issued on Wednesday.

"We are asking for privacy for his family during this difficult time, and they wish to thank everyone for the hundreds of messages of support and prayers that have been received. This has been a difficult time for them."

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well damn. I liked his characters.
So did I. Always thought how crazy it was that he played several strong, by the book soldiers and in real life he stayed out of control more often than not. Prayers for his soul and family.

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
The guy had some of the best snarky characters. He will be missed.

His book is great, but he no ever beat his demons!

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Spurffelbow833

Supporting Member
Jun 23, 2020
I liked him best in "Red Planet." His role as a scientist was a tour de force in all the best and worst qualities of alpha male behavior, supremely arrogant, chauvinistic, fun-loving, and, in the end, the guy you wanted at your side marching into hell. He was the best thing about a woefully underrated film. RIP, tough guy.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He's one of the cops at the final shootout that puts the wire on Bronson Pinchot
Thanks. I don’t remember that scene. About the only one I can remember is when the dad tells the story about Sicilians and the Moors. That was intense and what a way to go!

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
One of my favorite movies....one of those i will watch on tv even if I own the DVD/VHS....also good foreshadowing into what I believe the government is currently doing to it's citizens.....never seen True Romance but will watch soon

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Passenger 57 was fun.

Another addict, but solid actor

Those two things almost universally go hand-in-hand. We rarely consider the fact that completely transforming yourself into a different person isn’t normal behavior. Average person couldn’t. There are a handful of exceptions, but for the most part their talent and mental status/vices are almost one in the same.

It’s why I laugh when people talk about Robin Williams addiction, or Jim Carey becoming a nut job. Take away they’re drugs and/or the demons that result, and they’re not nearly the same actor. We’re watching seriously troubled people. Sad but also reality.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Those two things almost universally go hand-in-hand. We rarely consider the fact that completely transforming yourself into a different person isn’t normal behavior. Average person couldn’t. There are a handful of exceptions, but for the most part their talent and mental status/vices are almost one in the same.

It’s why I laugh when people talk about Robin Williams addiction, or Jim Carey becoming a nut job. Take away they’re drugs and/or the demons that result, and they’re not nearly the same actor. We’re watching seriously troubled people. Sad but also reality.
Probably the reason my mom told me the only thing she wanted me to perform in was the church choir.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.