Top UF Receiving Corps over the past 40 yrs

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Well, all Mullen needs to do is have a winning record next year to hurdle Butters and Chump. Doesn’t seem like a high bar. I’d wager he clears that and you look like an idiot.
Im sure he will have a winning record and be just slightly above the true Butters level. But not by much.

Just like his recruiting, just slightly better than Butters.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Well, all Mullen needs to do is have a winning record next year to hurdle Butters and Chump. Doesn’t seem like a high bar. I’d wager he clears that and you look like an idiot.

giphy.gif

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Im sure he will have a winning record and be just slightly above the true Butters level. But not by much.

Just like his recruiting, just slightly better than Butters.
I’ll bet you right now that he gets a top 8 class this year and and 9+ wins next year. His issue isn’t coaching, it’s recruiting and staff management. Recruiting seems, just maybe, to be improving. At least there are positive signs. Staff management? We’ll see. That’s the one area I don’t think he’ll improve or change.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I’ll bet you right now that he gets a top 8 class this year and and 9+ wins next year. .
This is about what I expect, more mehhhhhhh. 5th in SEC in recruiting and 2nd or 3rd in SEC East forever. You are what your resume says you are. He is a known quantity.

Will we go to the outback bowl or the citrus bowl?

Last edited:

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
this is about what I expect.

More mehhhhhhh.

Will we go to the outback bowl or the citrus bowl?
That wouldn’t be Butters 2.0 so it’s not what you’d expect. Butters 2.0 would be staring down the barrel of a mid-teens recruiting class and a pending disaster of a season - because that’s what actually happened.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
You remind me of that character on South Park that’s always nervous and scared. It’s gonna be alright little buddy.

We lose a lot of talent but a lot of young talent is coming back. There are some bright spots, notably Pitts, that will be around.

Well now with that and those 2 DE/Buck losses we take a step back next season and Mullen losing 35% of the blue chippers before camp this season.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Well now with that and those 2 DE/Buck losses we take a step back next season and Mullen losing 35% of the blue chippers before camp this season.
We aren’t losing 35% of BCs without replacing them. That’s how cfb works.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Butters had a #9 class? Or was it #7?

That class was almost as bad as ‘19 in terms of defections. Lemons was always going to be a problem and Robinson was done by fall camp. Seems like there was someone else too.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
That class was almost as bad as ‘19 in terms of defections. Lemons was always going to be a problem and Robinson was done by fall camp. Seems like there was someone else too.

I am curious what happens in 2020 as this will be Mullens team almost entirely now.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It was bad. Everything about Butters was bad, but, I mean, it's half the defections even if there is a third dude. That class is also basically all the talent we have on this team. Obviously it has a ton of wholes and a lot of dudes with pulses.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Wouldn't whichever team that had the most receiving yards by default have the best receiver corp? :dunno:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I am curious what happens in 2020 as this will be Mullens team almost entirely now.

If ‘92, ‘07(and of course ‘13 and ‘17) are any indication, it will be a step back. You’re relying on JM’s final full class and a transition as your upperclassmen. It’s never been favorable for UF.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
It was bad. Everything about Butters was bad, but, I mean, it's half the defections even if there is a third dude. That class is also basically all the talent we have on this team. Obviously it has a ton of wholes and a lot of dudes with pulses.
I mean, wouldn’t you expect that class to be our contributors now? They’re juniors/r. Sophs. Not a very strong argument.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If ‘92, ‘07(and of course ‘13 and ‘17) are any indication, it will be a step back. You’re relying on JM’s final full class and a transition as your upperclassmen. It’s never been favorable for UF.

Won't even be close to 07 scenario. We had one of the best offenses in the country and great talent on defense that just needed one more year to strengthen up.

Mullen will just have a less overall talented team than he inherited in 2018 due to his recruiting.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Won't even be close to 07 scenario. We had one of the best offenses in the country and great talent on defense that just needed one more year to strengthen up.

Mullen will just have a less overall talented team than he inherited in 2018 due to his recruiting.

I don’t disagree with the idea that we’re a far cry from 2007, but don’t think we’ll be less talented than 2018. At a minimum we’ve recruited slightly better than JM. Those 15-17 classes were atrocious. Outside of WR, I can’t think of a single position we won’t be as talented or more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator