Totally Southern Expressions

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
If you are feeling froggy . . . jump!

Sorry, but your last two entries are not exclusive to the South. A little research found both expressions used frequently at the New London Yacht Club (CT) beginning in 1858 and soon after at the Harvard School of Progressive Thought in 1862. Although, later on Woodrow Wilson would claim he was the originator of the phrases while serving as the Princeton school president (an early sign he should have never been elected in any capacity).

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Sorry, but your last two entries are not exclusive to the South. A little research found both expressions used frequently at the New London Yacht Club (CT) beginning in 1858 and soon after at the Harvard School of Progressive Thought in 1862. Although, later on Woodrow Wilson would claim he was the originator of the phrases while serving as the Princeton school president (an early sign he should have never been elected in any capacity).
Links?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I'm not sure what they're sayin', but I guarantee you it's "Southern," but prolly not "genteel"...

I’ll go a step further. I’ll guarantee within this conversation, that white car is referred to as a “she” at least 3 times.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
It was implied. But thanks.
Hey, BOGO is BOGO... I'm not afraid of Winn-Dixie. That said, I suspect that these guys weren't in Winn-Dixie. They are down by the shop that says "Tobacco" over top of it... but there is a Cricket shop next to that, so who knows!

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Ok. You want more details? Minimum two of these three guys have some sort of “gone too soon” sticker for a family member or friend, including the dates of birth and death, on the back window of their trucks.

Is that what you’re looking for?

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm so hungry my belly thinks my throat's been cut.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Ok. You want more details? Minimum two of these three guys have some sort of “gone too soon” sticker for a family member or friend, including the dates of birth and death, on the back window of their trucks.

upload_2022-4-13_22-35-19.jpeg

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014

No, I thought maybe there was a joke in there or you were trying to make a point. Just making random comments?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator