Recruiting Towles Transferring

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Only idiot I am seeing is the guy who wants a QB who completes more passes to the team he is playing against, than to the team he is playing for.

Did it ever occur to you that part of his problem is the OC? Perhaps it's the lack of playmakers? Perhaps he is being asked to try to do to much to win games and is forcing plays?

Towles #'s last year are a complete opposite of this year? Are you evaluating him on this year alone? Then why not do the same for Driskel, or for some other schmuck.

You can't look at statistics alone and get the full picture. Before the FSU game, Harris led offenses had more yards than with Grier leading them. Did our offense look better and perform better with Harris at the helm? Of course not.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Did it ever occur to you that part of his problem is the OC? Perhaps it's the lack of playmakers? Perhaps he is being asked to try to do to much to win games and is forcing plays?

Towles #'s last year are a complete opposite of this year? Are you evaluating him on this year alone? Then why not do the same for Driskel, or for some other schmuck.

You can't look at statistics alone and get the full picture. Before the FSU game, Harris led offenses had more yards than with Grier leading them. Did our offense look better and perform better with Harris at the helm? Of course not.

I apologize Mrs. Towles for insinuated that your son is not a good QB. Please unbunch your panties now and move on with your life.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
I apologize Mrs. Towles for insinuated that your son is not a good QB. Please unbunch your panties now and move on with your life.

You must be a member of the Democrat Party. They're masters of criticize, scream, argue, and more importantly, deflect, deflect, and some more deflecting.

I brought up valid debatable points and this is what you respond with?

As I said before - Pot Meet Kettle.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You must be a member of the Democrat Party. They're masters of criticize, scream, argue, and more importantly, deflect, deflect, and some more deflecting.

I brought up valid debatable points and this is what you respond with?

As I said before - Pot Meet Kettle.

He sucked last year, he sucked this year. He sucked so much, that UK actually benched him. But if you want to roll with UK's bench players, then go for it. I prefer we work on the unknown players we have now then to go reach out for a pathetic QB. Ugay does things like that, Gators don't.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Got anything better to do with your life other than jump in and suck off Wooble?

Geeze Nancy, lighten up. That was a JOKE. I simultaneously insulted you and multiple others on the board. Rather clever I thought. Take a JOKE. I'm actually on your side in this argument.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We need a transfer QB to come in and lead this team. Someone from a CC or a graduate transfer. A graduate transfer which only eats a scholly for one year is perfect. I actually think Towels could be a good SHORT TERM answer at QB for us with a little coaching from Mac. I don't think he'll be a rock star QB but I think Mac could teach him to be a game manager for us, which is all we really need. We need a stop gap to get us through the season...at least half the season until Grier is eligible. Other than that, I hope Del Rio is up to the task but I'd rather have both of them which gives the coaches options to work with.

Our QB situation is shady at best, so I say get whoever we can that can be coached. If we can find someone better that wants to come, then get him. But if that's Towels and he wants a shot at the big time, I say give it to him. It'd be worth ONE scholly for only ONE year.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Don't hold the fact that he was benched against him. Kentucky basically threw in the towles with that move.

Surely we have a Guy that we could give a crack at it. Isn't there a Guy who could QB our team. I mean Treon is already bringing us ZERO points. Offense can't do much worse than ZERO points. I say we find a Guy on the roster and give him a chance.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
We need a transfer QB to come in and lead this team. Someone from a CC or a graduate transfer. A graduate transfer which only eats a scholly for one year is perfect. I actually think Towels could be a good SHORT TERM answer at QB for us with a little coaching from Mac. I don't think he'll be a rock star QB but I think Mac could teach him to be a game manager for us, which is all we really need. We need a stop gap to get us through the season...at least half the season until Grier is eligible. Other than that, I hope Del Rio is up to the task but I'd rather have both of them which gives the coaches options to work with.

Our QB situation is shady at best, so I say get whoever we can that can be coached. If we can find someone better that wants to come, then get him. But if that's Towels and he wants a shot at the big time, I say give it to him. It'd be worth ONE scholly for only ONE year.

I agree. God knows we cant stand 6 games with Treon to start the year off....

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

I agree. We don't need a Dan Marino, just someone who has experience and can handle the pressure of going into Knoxville or playing LSU in the Swamp, next year. I think this kid will be perfect and it will allow Grier to ease back in.

We are going to have a much improved O-Line next year to go along with a stable of backs and receivers. Towles won't know what to do with all this talent.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think we are going to use another scholly on a QB. It just doesn't make sense. The hope is that Del Rio is good enough to get us through at least 5 of the first 6 games which means winning at UT and/or beating LSU at home.

The only way Grier transfers is if he goes to a FCS school so he doesn't have to sit out a year, and only has to sit out 6 games there, but why would he do that? Why not come back to Florida... take over after 6 games and set the world on fire in 2017. That seems to set him up for a better future.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
If Grier decides to transfer, he has to sit out the entire year...not just 6 games.
So he would get credit for sitting out even while serving the remainder of his suspension? This is what I've been wondering, if he transfers and has to sit out a year, is it confirmed that he could start 1st game 2017, or would he have to sit out an entire year starting after his suspension so not until game 7, 2017? I have assumed he could start beginning of 2017 but haven't seen it confirmed.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
His 2016 suspension year (soph) won't count as sitting out. He would have to sitout 2017 (junior). He has already burned his redshirt so the play 4 years in 5 years rule applies and he would be eligible as a senior in 2018 (senior).

I'd expect him to go pro more likely than transfer.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
His 2016 suspension year (soph) won't count as sitting out. He would have to sitout 2017 (junior). He has already burned his redshirt so the play 4 years in 5 years rule applies and he would be eligible as a senior in 2018 (senior).

I'd expect him to go pro more likely than transfer.
Help me to understand.....You think he's going pro after next season. He has 2.5 season's of eligibility left. He AIN'T going pro after playing a half of a season then sitting out half of another....ain't happening, nobody in their right mind would draft someone with less than 12 college games under their belt.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I'd take Towles in a heartbeat. Heck I saw him torch our defense in person a year ago. Kid has talent but is stuck at UK, I have no problem letting him come in to compete.

Heck look at Mayfield, guy went from Texas Tech and posted 12/9 TD to INT and is now at Oklahoma with a 35/5 TD to INT ratio.

I trust that Mac could turn this kid into a serviceable player.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I'd take Towles in a heartbeat. Heck I saw him torch our defense in person a year ago. Kid has talent but is stuck at UK, I have no problem letting him come in to compete.

Heck look at Mayfield, guy went from Texas Tech and posted 12/9 TD to INT and is now at Oklahoma with a 35/5 TD to INT ratio.

I trust that Mac could turn this kid into a serviceable player.
Yup, he had crap for receivers and a crap offensive line not to mention a HC with Muschamps offensive ineptness. With Mac working with him he could be the best QB in the conference next year seeing that Coker and Allen are gone after this year. Can any of the naysayers here point out a QB in our conference that will be better next year??? Dobbs and Harris of LSU are at the top of the heap and both are average to say the least.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
I'll take Towles! Think about our history shows that Harris will transfer after this year. We haven't had a QB THAT STARTED most of our games for more than 2 seasons since Tebow.....to quote Phil.....He gone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.